Lowes - Bait and Switch pattern

This is my fourth experience with a bait and switch scam at the Lowe's in Hattiesburg, MS.I have reported two of them to corporate, but they actually facilitate the practice at the local store.

This fourth experience on 12/7/2015 involved a sink that was advertised on sale for 45% off. ("$109.45. Was $199.00. Save 45% thru 12/31/2015") I made my purchase online for pickup at my local store that same evening.

(There were 3 in stock.) After paying for the item online and receiving email confirmation, I began disconnecting my old sink and preparing the site. While in the process of doing that, the store called and said they could not find any of the 3 in-stock sinks and they suggested I look at a different sink. (The only comparable sink was $120 more expensive.) When I refused to consider a more expensive sink, they said I would have to go to another store to buy a sink at that price. So, I contacted online support to get one sent from another store to pick up locally; but, they simply sent me a link to purchase the newer model sink for $229 ($120 more than the sink I purchased).

Even though my local store has 3 in stock (let's face it, shoplifters don't walk out with 3 sinks tucked under their jacket ... the sinks are there, somewhere), they are insisting that I purchase a different sink that is more than double the price of their advertised sale. I also located the same sink at a similar sale price at 4 different Lowe's locations within a day's drive. Despite doing the leg work and finding other stores with the sink, online customer support refuses to simply do an in-store transfer to have one of those sinks sent to my local store in order to fulfill the order.

In the meantime, Lowe's has placed a 10-day hold on my credit card for the amount of the original purchase.

Despite being informed that they were selling an allegedly non-existent item, the Lowes.com website still lists the item for sale at that price in my local store with three of them still in stock.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • False advertising
    • His total lack of concern for my needs
    • Lack of responsibility

Style Selections Polypropylene Utility Sink
Review category
Plumbing fixtures
review #747756 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.