This is my fourth experience with a bait and switch scam at the Lowe's in Hattiesburg, MS.I have reported two of them to corporate, but they actually facilitate the practice at the local store.
This fourth experience on 12/7/2015 involved a sink that was advertised on sale for 45% off. ("$109.45. Was $199.00. Save 45% thru 12/31/2015") I made my purchase online for pickup at my local store that same evening.
(There were 3 in stock.) After paying for the item online and receiving email confirmation, I began disconnecting my old sink and preparing the site. While in the process of doing that, the store called and said they could not find any of the 3 in-stock sinks and they suggested I look at a different sink. (The only comparable sink was $120 more expensive.) When I refused to consider a more expensive sink, they said I would have to go to another store to buy a sink at that price. So, I contacted online support to get one sent from another store to pick up locally; but, they simply sent me a link to purchase the newer model sink for $229 ($120 more than the sink I purchased).
Even though my local store has 3 in stock (let's face it, shoplifters don't walk out with 3 sinks tucked under their jacket ... the sinks are there, somewhere), they are insisting that I purchase a different sink that is more than double the price of their advertised sale. I also located the same sink at a similar sale price at 4 different Lowe's locations within a day's drive. Despite doing the leg work and finding other stores with the sink, online customer support refuses to simply do an in-store transfer to have one of those sinks sent to my local store in order to fulfill the order.
In the meantime, Lowe's has placed a 10-day hold on my credit card for the amount of the original purchase.
Despite being informed that they were selling an allegedly non-existent item, the Lowes.com website still lists the item for sale at that price in my local store with three of them still in stock.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- His total lack of concern for my needs
- Lack of responsibility
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Style Selections Polypropylene Utility Sink
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I believe the reason that pay pal, EBAY & GE Capital now Synchrony Bank do this is that they want to really frustrate the customer stone wall them make up..."
- "I Bought a new tool box for Aviation maintenance class and a new Bostich 6 gallon Air compressor After arriving at the shop and un-crating my new tool box it was..."
- "Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "I ordered flowers for my grandma the price said 30$ i added a balloon for 4.99$ and a 10$ upgrade so im thinkin with tax and fees it might be..."
- "Cortney Kimbrow that is employed by Target in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as a manager is very rude & unprofessional.I went in to return an article of clothing that I had bought..."
- "My friend purchased Pillow Talk Cremesheen lipstick for me. I don't normally wear lipstick but I loved this color when I saw it on someone so asked where she got..."