This is my fourth experience with a bait and switch scam at the Lowe's in Hattiesburg, MS.I have reported two of them to corporate, but they actually facilitate the practice at the local store.
This fourth experience on 12/7/2015 involved a sink that was advertised on sale for 45% off. ("$109.45. Was $199.00. Save 45% thru 12/31/2015") I made my purchase online for pickup at my local store that same evening.
(There were 3 in stock.) After paying for the item online and receiving email confirmation, I began disconnecting my old sink and preparing the site. While in the process of doing that, the store called and said they could not find any of the 3 in-stock sinks and they suggested I look at a different sink. (The only comparable sink was $120 more expensive.) When I refused to consider a more expensive sink, they said I would have to go to another store to buy a sink at that price. So, I contacted online support to get one sent from another store to pick up locally; but, they simply sent me a link to purchase the newer model sink for $229 ($120 more than the sink I purchased).
Even though my local store has 3 in stock (let's face it, shoplifters don't walk out with 3 sinks tucked under their jacket ... the sinks are there, somewhere), they are insisting that I purchase a different sink that is more than double the price of their advertised sale. I also located the same sink at a similar sale price at 4 different Lowe's locations within a day's drive. Despite doing the leg work and finding other stores with the sink, online customer support refuses to simply do an in-store transfer to have one of those sinks sent to my local store in order to fulfill the order.
In the meantime, Lowe's has placed a 10-day hold on my credit card for the amount of the original purchase.
Despite being informed that they were selling an allegedly non-existent item, the Lowes.com website still lists the item for sale at that price in my local store with three of them still in stock.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- His total lack of concern for my needs
- Lack of responsibility
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Style Selections Polypropylene Utility Sink
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
You May Also Like
- "Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes..."
- "I Bought a new tool box for Aviation maintenance class and a new Bostich 6 gallon Air compressor After arriving at the shop and un-crating my new tool box it was..."
- "Bought $400 Olympic rescue it, 4-5days labored, following instructions, no rain. Peeling off within 9 months, now have to pay professional for redo, told by pro this produce does not..."
- "I recieved my order within 3 weeks.. there is a date box u can put the date when you need the dress to be here I simply put a date..."
- "i can personally relate to patients complaining about poor dental service, and then the dentist resort to blaming the patient for their mistakes.my partials were so deformed that friends of..."
- "Cortney Kimbrow that is employed by Target in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as a manager is very rude & unprofessional.I went in to return an article of clothing that I had bought..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."