398 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

This is my personal and unique opinion of Lowes Home Centers, LLC 350 Diedrich Boulevard Ashland, KY 41101 also known as Store Number 1123. This opinion was formed based on my recent personal experience with Lowes.

On November 16, 2019, I purchased an LG WHT WT7300CW washer, MED663HW dryer and XHPC155XW dryer stand from Lowes.

When the salesperson rang up the sale, the total was $400 more than the advertised price. We had shopped the features and benefits of similar units and made our final selection based on the value of the advertised price displayed on the Lowes price card for each item.

The Lowes salesperson said not to worry, and that the price would be adjusted as promised using a mail-in rebate which would give us $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards. On November 18, 2019, we mailed our Lowes receipt and rebate forms as instructed and patiently waited the 8 weeks of processing time. By mid-January 2020, the promised $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards had not arrived.

In an attempt to resolve the situation, we visited the store twice. Lowes customer service couldnt find any registration of our rebate. Eventually we found a customer service staffer that directed us to contact the Lowes Rebate Center directly at (877) 204-****. The Lowes Rebate Center informed us that there wasnt a valid rebate offer for the items we purchased and that we would not be receiving the $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards.

On 2.14.2020 The new Lowes Store Manager Tracey told me that the former store manager and ½ of his staff in Appliances were terminated for similar complaints, but there wasnt anything she could do because it happened before she was assigned to that store.

In my opinion, Lowe's lied to me to sell appliances at a price $400 higher than I was willing to pay.

Knowing that Lowes staff had used this ploy to sell appliances is simply appalling. In my opinion, knowing that Lowes terminated the store manager and key employees for doing this to other customers is shocking, but honorable. However, in my opinion, knowing that Lowes wont make it right with their customers makes them complicit.

Lowes is no longer the friendly do-right retailer that Lucius Lowe founded. It is my opinion that their actions are unconscionable and possibly illegal.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! And by giving my truthful and honest opinion on this consumer complaint site, I hope to help Lowes improve its honesty, transparency, integrity and services in the future of dealing with me and its other customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Lowes Cons: Misleading information.

Comments