Columbus, Georgia

Purchased a range and microwave in December.Installer COMPLETELY butchered the counter top when installing.

Finally, after about 30 phone calls, negotiations and haggling....I received compensation for the cost of new counter tops....BUT NEVER AN APOLOGY! It was constantly a "I'm waiting to hear back from them" answer. No sense of urgency on their part. Terrible customer service!!

See for yourself....it's HORRENDOUS!! This was an installation that cost me $350, done by a "professional".

It will now cost me approx $1000 to install new granite counter tops.I won't every go to Lowe's again...and I've made sure all my friends know too!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lowes Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

say it
San Jose, California, United States #599454

Lowes is s great company .They should be suing you .

Since when is grantic made with wood such as your 50 plus years old counter tops .

You really should not have included the pictures .Just made yourself look *** .

Heartless

Lowes should have told you no.Then when you get the better end of the deal you still are not happy.

That old junky counter top to Granite, pathetic.Oh and the issue wasn't the installer it was the fact your counter tops are at least 30 years old if not 40+

Are you being fair as a ***sum

Those are laminate countertops in the picture.I know because we had the same exact counters in another house we lived in.

I understand being dissatisfied about damage being done to your home (we got no compensation or apology...in fact, we got victimized further by a large name plumbing company); however, I believe in being fair about complaints and what you expect.

The value of laminate and the value of granite largely differ and if they gave you granite countertops to replace laminate countertops and no apology and you have to put out 1,000 for installation then I'd be satisfied because those granite countertops add value to your home.

nnyla
Warner, Oklahoma, United States #598383

Your getting new granite counter tops?

In the picture is not new counter tops

much-less granite!

Why you griping?

WHATEVA
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States #598206

Are you kidding?...I can't believe LOWES even went along with *fixing* anything on that awful looking countertop.

Now you have a NEW MARBLE countertop?... I think you got lucky! Lowes should have laughed in your face! YOU DEFRAUDED THEM!

HELLO?:eek :upset :cry :(

Slyfur
to WHATEVA Baltimore, Maryland, United States #601306

Right now Whateva, that counter top pictured is 20-30yrs old (***) press wood lam.You probably told the installed it was ok to damage it cause you were replacing it always.

And decided to Defraud LOWES.Shame on you.

Installed by an African Americ
Jamaica, New York, United States #598147

Looks like African American work to me. No need to give Lowes a bad name :grin

meatball
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #598145

I think Loews needs a website for *** customers. that counter top is over 50 yrs old and hand contact paper over top of it. I am Pissed at you, I do this kind of work and would have refused to install a new stove to that piece of *** top.you screwed all of us not just Lowes :(

Natasha
Columbia, Missouri, United States #598139

That is laughable. I don't think they owe you a thousand dollars.

Angel

Wow...I don't think that cheap counter is even laminate!Shame on you!

The only reason you got that money was because Lowes didn't want the aggravation of whipping your butt in court!Your counter was messed up & u deserved an apology, but you did NOT deserve that much money!!!!