Salt Lake City, Utah
4.2K views

I purchaced a whirlpool cabrio washer and dryer from lowes in 2007 and have and problems with the washer 2 to 3 times a year, since i have requested to have them, replace it with a new one, they say well ot has to be 2 consecutive same problem incidences then its 3 now its 4 Iam pissed I have 5 children in my family and to have a washing machine or dryer go out on you after spendin 1,200.00 on them you think your covered for a while lowes washers are a joke along with there service help personel. I WANT A NEW WASHING MACHINE

Comments

I can’t even tell you how disappointed I am. This washer has destroyed my clothes and towels.

I’ve tried to reach out to company but they want me to call for service. What would I call for? Washer works, it just makes holes in clothes in towels. There are so many complaints about this.

If anyone know how to begin a process like this, please let me know.

Trust me, when I write a review about something, it’s got to be either really good or really bad. I don’t have time do write things like this.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States #1335559

I own the same washer and it is absolutely horrible! White spots all over my clothes and I use All clear.

I use second rinse and deep water didn't do any better. Save yourself money and frustration don't buy this Whirlpool.

My guess is, you never got any resolution from Whirlpool. They are still selling flawed W&D sets.

I just bought a cabrio set in November 2016 and have had problems since day one, like you.

Their customer service wants a technician to come out and look at it but after reading all the bad reviews, what is the use in doing that? I guess I will just report this to the bbb if I can.

Linn Creek, Missouri, United States #1311066

will never buy a Whirlpool washing machine again.... never never again

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1281471

etc. Never buy Whrilpool!

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1281468

The washers are the worst machines I have ever had. I will never buy another Whirlpool product as long as I live. And will let all I talk to know that the product is not worth the money or time of day

Anderson, South Carolina, United States #934963

Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States #925661

The glass on the washing machinelid is popping off....again,it did this within the first year I had it,now two years later it's doing the same thing,and it's popping up in the same spot as the last lid,eventually the lid won't lock and I'll have to do something else,l don't know,I'm thinking of just replacing it with a cheaper Maytag.

to joyce Scottsdale, Arizona, United States #1335560

I bought a Maytag for a rental home. I wish I had it .. The Whirlpool just sucks.

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #881453

i bought Whrilpool washer cabrio in 2012, after a year it is now a piece of junk. Sensing does not work, rinse and spin does not work..time remain is erratic etc.

etc. Never buy Whrilpool!

Call the BBB. You can fill out a complaint on line.

I did and got my machine rebuilt. It still rips ups my towels though.

piece of junk, worthless, ruined all my clothes. its criminal they can sell these.

In 2009, I purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio Clothes Washer from a big name retailer, who did not disclose they were going out of business in our area. After weeks of trying to track down a matching Cabrio Clothes dryer, I finally was asked to buy, at the original retail price,

dented "loaner" they offered while they located an undamaged unit.

Ultimately, the store manager suggested I "keep" the loaner dryer

at the full list price !!! That is instead of them providing me with a new clothes dryer. No kidding.........

I refused their ridiculous offer and ended up at Lowe's and purchased a Whirlpool matching Cabrio Clothes Dryer AT FULL LIST PRICE.

Here I am 3 years later, and just this week I experienced a dryer FIRE (the first in my lifetime of owning electric clothes dryers,

which seemingly was caused by a faulty electrical cord. I have tried to find any recall information on this model.Has there been a recall on this product. The interior of the Dryer now reeks of smoke and the melted rubber/plastic electrical cord. I want a new Dryer!

I purchased a Cabrio washer/dryer a few years back from Lowe's. Never a problem with Lowe's.

However, the washer was a problem as well as dealing with Whirlpool. Most of my problem had to do with the mother board which is located behind the command buttons. Replaced one and then the second due to the start button not functioning. The boards are approximately $300 not including service call costs.

Today, 10/21/13, my dryer stopped working. I checked and yes, the start button does not work meaning a $300 investment in a used up appliance. Not me. Just tossed it out in the back yard and will head out to buy another dryer tomorrow.

I would rather spend $450 on a new one than $300 on an old one.

Sorry Whirlpool .... your products are ***.

Slidell, Louisiana, United States #676643

I purchased a Cabrio washer last year December 2012. This was to replace my whirlpool washer of 15 years that I got at a garage sale.

This new Whirlpool has had problems codes after the first month like uL or LID at or around 8 to 12 minute mark as others have said.

I have had whirlpool products in the past but this is the worst I have every seen. I wish I had read this group stories 1st

dencandan

I purchased a Cabrio dryer supposedly new out of the box at Sears Outlet store and it has not worked more than (1) hour since I have had it. This will be my second service call in (2) weeks since I have had this ***.

:upset Whirlpool this is my first and last time purchasing a lemon product of any kind from your company. Each time i have used this *** (2) the belt has broken and made my house smell like it is on fire. Stop making *** and make quality products that people can use and not waste their time waiting on service calls (4) before you decide to replace it.

It is obvious that this machine was never to work right from the start. Disgusted and tired of going to the washerette when I paid for a dryer that does not WORK?????

2 year old Cabrio washer with the common spin problem which seems to be related to the lid lock yet replacing it doesn't help.. Can't find any recall info so time to call whirlpool, should have read the reviews before I bought it..

We too bought a Cabrio washer and dryer in 2007. It was OK for about a year, but at that time my clohes and especialy towels were being TORN up. Small loads, large loads didn't matter.

THEN we started having comouter problems on the washer. We dealt with that by using tghe few modes that would work. Then the dryer had computer issues.

NOW not only do we still have these issues, but the washer becomes unbalanced at 12 minutes to go! Large or small loads doesn't matter.

The only good thing I could say about these is they have a large tub. but that doesn't really matter does it??????????????

loliosi
to Cisco's mom #593036

I can't believe I'm reading this. The exact same thing was happening to my towels.

I actually returned towels to store because I thought they were defective, only to find out as soon as I washed the new ones it happened again. Can't even figure out if it's the washer or dryer. My washer also becomes unbalanced at 12 min. to go.

Has anyone contacted BBB? There should be a recall on these Cabrio machines.

How about buy the lowes warranty idiots thats what its for the will replace it no questions asked