Resolved
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user May 31

After 5 months, several e-mails and resubmitting, I finally got my rebate. GEZ they did not make this easy.

Original review posted by user Jan 22

Due to past issues with Lowes, I was slowly coming back to them as customer service had improved. During Thanksgiving week of 2017 they advertised an 11% rebate on most items.

Since they finally got their act together for our veterans discount I went ahead a bought a few things that could have waited. After sending in all the paperwork, I was informed that they were missing the needed info as to what was bought!!! One thing I tried to get thru their thick heads is most of these items were sent without an invoice so I printed the sale paper out of my online account, which I now find isn't good enough. It's my fault they don't send a receipt???

The paperwork I sent them had all this! I called and tried to get their F**up fixed but was shuffled between the rebate center and customer service with no resolution.

I now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product. Right now I wish I could rip those appliances out of the wall for a full refund and go to Home Depot where I've never had a service issue.

Review about: Lowes Rebate.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being shuffled from one unit to another.

Comments

Menards has much better rebate system and they run it every other week ...

to Anonymous #1442593

I believe that. This spring I'll find out. Lowes is off my shopping list while this issue remains unresolved.

to Anonymous #1442624

Menards doesn't offer rebates for on-line purchases either, only in-store purchases.

to Anonymous #1442848

Thanks for the info. Looks like Home Depot will be my main source per local stores.

Just had 2 purchases from them under their 11% theme, no problems. Everything handled very professionally unlike Lowes which IMO is a scam.....Lowes looses again.

I’m going through the exact same nightmare. They don’t understand that when you order online THAT is the only receipt you get.

They told me customer service could emailMe a copy with an invoice number on it. No luck there either.

They can tell me the invoice number but not put it on an actual receipt. I am beyond upset.

to Mitsy #1437474

They do not make it easy. The short story is they've already lost over $1K in sales to Home Depot from me. if enough people get bit, more will go over to the depot or where ever.Lowes should be ashamed but in reality I think they don't give a damn.

to curl #1437477

The $60 or so they will probably screw me out of has already been lost by them from me going back to Home Depot.

" now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product"

It took you this long to figure out that rebates or discounts aren't there to benefit you but to benefit whoever is giving it to get more of your money.

"without an invoice "

How did you pay for the stuff?

Did you go into the store and do it?

Did they not give you a receipt?

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

to Anonymous #1437472

Very obvious you did NOT read in detail my complaint.