Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Update added by user Oct 30, 2014

After contacting the corporate number the following day the store manager contacted me.He indicated to me that the shift manager was incorrec.

We were given a refund.

It should have never required this much effort for their customer.Had the manager even read his own receipt he would have known he was wrong.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2014

Purchased a drill and impact driver Set from Lowe's.I purchased a replacement plan at the same time.

60 days after the purchase the drill broke. I took it back to get the replacement had my receipt in hand only to learn that the Lowe's employee did not register the replacement plan. The drill was replaced because it was within the 90 days of purchase. I was told that the previously purchased protection plan had to be repurchased because they did not transfer.

The original replacement plan cost was just given to Lowe's because they never registered and thus I received nothing in return for that $20. The attitude of the staff was that there was just nothing they could do about it. Lowes should have refunded my original $20 because I never received anything for it but they didnt agree.

In my opinion one should never buy power tools from Lowes or one should never purchase protection plans from Lowe's.Buyer beware.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Power Tools
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #540781 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 16, 2014 #885559

Thanks for letting me know. I'll avoid that store......

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lowes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about