We shopped around a lot for cabinets to upgrade our kitchen. Kitchen not too big or complicated so we decided to give the job to Lowes.

We did our own demolition of the kitchen and it was all set for the new install. First off- the Lowes employees in Derby, CT are genuinely great. They try to help and in the end came through for us. Try to make a long story short....

We had our kitchen redone with cabinets from Lowes. Good cabinets, great deal/price. Ok that was in beginning of August 2014. The cabinet manufacturer (Diamond Cabinets) finally delivered out cabinets in mid-October 2014.

Some were damaged or the finish was not correct. 5 weeks later the replacements were delivered. Same thing; some were damaged or the finish was not correct. 5 weeks later the replacements were delivered.

Same thing; some were damaged or the finish was not correct............Just note- the cabinet installer from Lowes was spot on and he really did look out for us and told us that we should not accept any damaged- or patched/flawed cabinets from the manufacturer. The installer could not start the job until all the components were there to install, and so we did not have a working kitchen for months! We did not have any patience left and feel that we have been taken. The store manager was very nice to us and got us a 10% discount and some free cabinet inserts.

Well not much could have made us feel any better at this time. With the Holidays over I was feeling that I was never going to have my kitchen back. Finally in January 2015 the installers were able install the cabinets and on January 20, 2015 I had my countertop/sink installed which was the final piece of the puzzle. I can now use my kitchen and it looks really nice!

BUT...It is now May 17, 2015 and we are still waiting on one cabinet door exchange that the finish was not correct and needed replacing!!!!!! Ok Lowes.... who dropped the ball!!!!!!!!

The point of me sharing this is that Lowes was not really at fault here, it was the manufacturer who shipped out product that should not have been. If you have A LOT of patience - I feel that Lowes is still better than the other BIG BOX store, by far (through experience)..........scary isn't it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments