Saint Paul, Minnesota

0n 5/05/2019 I purchased two gallons of Cabot's Exterior Stain on a buy one, get one free offer. The free gallon was via rebate.

On line, I filled out the rebate form. Several weeks later I received an email that stated I hadn't stated what I had purchased, which was not factual. Per instructions, I mailed photocopies of the receipt, clearly showing the purchase of Cabot's stain. Today, I phoned the rebate center and spoke with a CS agent who barely spoke English and was eating during our conversation.

He was rude beyond description. Inquiry ticket #385328, if he gave me the correct contact inquiry ticket number. He admitted that on his screen, it showed that the rebate was for Cabot's stain. I, again, related that the email I received said that I hadn't stated what was purchased, but his screen showed Cabot's stain was purchased.

At this point he became very flustered and didn't know how or what to respond.

It's very clear that Lowe's corporate policy must now be to withhold rebates for Lowe's own profits.

I've purchased thousands of dollars in building materials and appliances from Lowe's. Never again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Lowes Cons: Inept rebate center and phone representative.

Comments