State: California Clear all filters (244 of 4784 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
This is almost too much of a headache to write about so I will be as brief as I can. We purchased a Samsung front loading washer and dryer in November 2010 from the new Paso Robles Lowe's, about an hour from where we live. I am not using real names, but will if I need...

I agree that lowes has terrible customer service and cannot deliver products that are on sale. BEWARE before buying from lowes

Review

Lowes false info from cashier and manager

I was going to purchase a CharBroil quantum Gas grill Saturday, June 12 and was told by a young lady at the register that I could get a free re fill and she asked her csm lady who was at the product pick up desk and the csm approved. I told her I did not have my tank with me to exchange so I told her I would bring in the tank Sunday to do the free refill exchange so she said ok. I came in with my tank for the exchange the following day Sunday morning and wanted to purchase the Quantum grill so I went to the register and it was a different young lady being another day and shift obvious, I explained to the cashier reason I brought the empty tank so I could get the free refill they had promised me from Saturday evening and they told me it would be no problem on Sunday. I was denied. I wasted my time and gas, I lugged a tank around for nothing. Sadly i should have gotten it in writing. I do not trust them anymore as the cashier who denied this deal i was promised by Lowes the day before showed pleasure in her denying me what was promised to me. Poor service, never returning and will spread the word to my friends and home owners.

The cashier should have rung you up for a free propane tank and marked it NL ( not loaded)so that when you went back to pick it up, all you had to do was show them your receipt.

Lowes in San Diego, California - Lowe's Blows

enough said . . . *** customer service, customer service reps who talk like they know everything but obviously don't. I ordered a corian counter top & custom cabinets. The cabinets are beautiful but the sales rep neglected to tell me I need scribe & kick plates. OK, just another 2 weeks wait for that! The corian became a nightmare when 3 days before it was to be installed, a Lowe's rep called & said it was going to cost $360 more because they underestimated the square footage. (What a great way to make your customers happy, "it's only gonna cost you $360 more." I questioned that estimate, & while on the phone he came up with another estimated sq ft. Needless to say, since March 19th I've been dealing with a few *** at Lowe's Blows. Avoid that place & save yourself alot of headache!

Yeah the same thing happened to me, but I knew it could. I signed a paper stating that "this contract is just an estimate and final cost will be determined after the feild template is complete".

You signed that paper, correct? Its unfortunate that you are bashing Lowes for something you failed to read, there is no weight to your claims that you were dealing with *** I wouldnt make a practice of signing things without reading them.

Yeah, you sound like one of those "5 figure bonus" *** at Lowe's Blows! You are another good reason not to go there, upper management who can't spell probably doesn't much give a *** about anything except that big paycheck.

Give us a break, you can't possibly be in any sort of management position with that poor spelling! (Except at Lowe's Blow perhaps?)

Lowes is a very reputable company, if you are unhappy with your serice, contact an a memer of upper management and voice your converns. There is no need to badger a company over on un-knowing employee. Thank you for your business, and getting me my 5 figure bonus :)

View more comments (2)
Review
If any of you are having the problem I am having getting any satisfation our of Lowes' try their corporate headquarters in N.C., 704-758-1000. Yes it's long distance from California, but if you're having as much trouble with Lowe's customer service as I am this may be...

If you want to do a favor to your self do not do business with lowe's the are the crappiest

Don't order from Lowes.

Did a bath remodel and I ordered a vanity from Lowes. Came in wrong size. Had to re-order. Ordered another vanity, wrong vanity, again. Now it's the right size but with a dual sink. Never ordered a dual sink. My bathroom remodel was supposed to be done by April 15, and here it is May 23 and I'll have to wait another three weeks for another vanity. My bathroom remodel might get done in June. If Lowes manages to get it right this time around. Lowes' is the worst. Go anywhere but don't go to Lowe's.

Have had same issues. Also have purchased merchandise that had been resealed as new by the store even after it was returned and installed.

Was told that all items are inspected. I guess that's why all the hardware and glass was taken out of the doors I purchased as "new". The Lowes in Fort Walton Bch.

FL is the WORST. Go anywhere but Lowes!

I agree lowes it the worst at customer service. had a roof installed in dec and still leaks after three atempts by lowes to fix, now it is worse than ever.

had to get a lawyer and have another company install roof. now i am just begging for my money back.

basicaly they say so sue us. not a good company to work with and they will rob you blind.

View more comments (1)
Loss
Do NOT get an extended warranty for Lowe's lawnmower. We bought a Troy Bilt mower one year ago. This year, it wouldn't start. Called Lowe's and they sent us to a service center 15 miles away - Northern Tool. They charged us $60 and said it was water in the...

the epp should have paid for your lawn mower to be picked up at your house BTW.

Lowes lies

Wife and I ordered a custom bath vanity from Lowes - cost around $1K. When the contractor who was remodeling the bathroom went to install it he found that we had been sent a 18" vanity instead of the regular 21". After several calls to Lowes they agreed to send the correct vanite and expedite it for a 2 week delivery. 2 weeks came - no vanity! Call to Lowes and the word from the rep was that they never agreed to 2 weeks. It would be another 2 weeks until we got the vanity. What the heck?? 4 weeks for a vanity????? Idiots - never again. We are now at the district rep level and quite frankly I am going to ask for my money back.

It'll just be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Update on bath vanity debacle.

Lowes ordered another vanity for us (2-3 week wait) and even refunded our money. Vanity would be free.

OK - that pretty much makes things right.

BUT WAIT - vanity arrived - it was the correct 21" depth.

BUT IT WAS FOR A DOUBLE SINK!!!

WE ORDERED A SINGLE SINK!!! ARGHHHHHH!

What else can possibly go wrong!

Ya know - I really need the correct vanity - Lowes is just toast in my book.

Signed:

Disgusted in Los Gatos, ca.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Bad products

I returned a bucket after I bought it at the fontana' store and when I returned it the clerk ask what was wrong. I told him and he just put it in the go backs. the mgr here was at the san bernardino store and that one closed down. I stopped going there because of bad service, so I guess I will quit this store too. If you get a Lowes bucket that is cracked , that was the one I returned. I wonder how many times it was returned?? if you want good service go somewhere else. I guess I should do as I say

Donot buy Appliances from Lowes

I bought a washer and dryer back in August 2010 . It was whirlpool , costed me $2000.00(for both) . For whatever reason , both has started acting wired on me , giving me lot of problem . This problem has begun in month of december . Since , its still under 1 year of warranty , i called the store where i bought my appliances which is in Livermore CA , they gave me direct number to Lowes service advantage , called them up , they make service appointment , a guy named Brian came at first time came , he didnot even spend 15 minutes and he said there isnothing wrong with Washer and dryer . Problem happened again (it was in and out problem ), i called lowes again ,they schedule 2nd service , the other guy came in and said there lowes didnot installed the dryer correctly and thats why i am having this problem to begin with , i asked him to add this in his notes and he said i cannot recreate the notes , just call lowes and tell them . I called again , this is now 3rd time going through all the pain , hold - they reschedule the service where they give this to the 1st techinican whose name is Brian , he didnot even came to my place and called me on his way and said there is nothing wrong with the Dryer . He didnot even see the problem ,i called customer service this time (which was 2nd time ) and the supervisor told me that he will call the store directly and try to see if he resolve it . Well. my thing is WHY store cannot help us at the first place , when we go to buy things , they provide Excellent service but when it comes down to solve the problems - You need to go through alll the hassel in the world . My problem still has not fixed and also i am out of Money for nothing just pain . I will not buy anything from Lowes in my entire life until they take care of the problem . ARTI SHARMA -MUDITA1985@GMAIL.COM

I totally agree , BUYERS - BEAWARE . I will never ever give my business to LOWES and Whirlpool in future .

I purchased three Whirlpool Duet washers. One for my home, two for my spa.

The first one at my spa wore out in three years. The repairman said the barrings wore out. I went back to Lowes and the salesman said I just had bad luck because this model of machine was designed to be a "workhourse" so I bought another one. Well the second machine has now lasted just 4 years too.

I now have seen other reviews where other people are haveing the same problem with the Whirlpool Duet washer.

I have now have to buy another washer. I am upset with Whirlpool.Buyer beware!!

its true you guys are acting ***... stuff happens get over it..

buy the warranty and you would not have to worry stop being cheap and spend the money to protect yourself.. lowes stinks anyway buy from an all american company like sears that has been around forever

My washer is now working again. It turns out a rug with a rubber backing was washed and some of the rubber pieces clogged the filter so that water cannot drain properly.

I'd like to thank Amy at Whirlpool and Tracey at Lowes corporate for calling A & E on our behalf to ensure a repairman showed up today.

Since the problem was not a defect of the equipment, I would have had to pay $140 for the service, but Whirlpool picked up the tab. Whirlpool has earned a lifelong customer and advocate of their products.

I will still shop at Lowes going forward because I like their stores better than the competitors in our area, but I will never use Lowes SA to schedule service. Going forward, I will contact the manufacture directly.

It's a simple fix. If the customer is having this much problem getting their washer fixed, I would have simply swapped the washer with another one and dealt with the manufacture as the store has more time to do that than the customer.

My wife and I also purchased a Whirlpool washer from Lowes in December, 2010 (Michigan). The washer completely died a few days ago.

We contacted Lowes SA and set up an appointment with A & E Factory for 4/27. They were suppose to show up between 1PM EST and 5 PM EST. At 3:30 PM, nobody had contacted us so we called Lowes SA. A gal named Cheryl told us they had the wrong phone number and could not contact us eventhough my phone number was in the email confirmation Lowes SA sent me.

Cheryl contacted A & E and let us know someone would be at our house in 20 minutes. At 5 PM, I called back. This time, the Lowes operator hung up on me. At 5:05 I reached someone name April.

April contacted A & E again and said someone would be dispatched in 20 minutes. At about 6:30 PM, my wife called again. Erika put my wife on hold for ever. We finally had to hang up.

We finally got ahold of Wayne who again contacted A & E on our behalf. Wayne called us back around 8 PM and said the next available appointment is 5/5. Today is 4/27. I have 10 kids at home.

I cannot tell you how desparate we our to have our washer working. My wife asked Wayne if we can have the phone number to A & E. We contacted A & E and they set up an appointment for tomorrow. Why did Lowes SA give us such a run around.

I am 48 and have never had such *** poor service. It is very unlikely I will ever purchase Whirlpool again - the washer simply should not have died in 4 months. With that said, I have had other Whirlpool products that have functioned fine (e.g. my current dryer).

Even if I purchase Whirlpool again, I will never set foot in another Lowes store again.

I did send an email to Kyle at Whirlpool. Assuming A & E shows up tomorrow, I will not need his help, but I am curious to see if he will even read the email.

uh, usmcdeathcard, HOW did the unfortunate circumstances with this washer and dryer become a Republican party issue? Yikes!!!

You people need to understand that the product is warrantied through the MANUFACTURER NOT Lowe's!!! Get your LAZY AXELS on the phone and call the manufacturer... hold them accountable Lowe's is the middle man DUMMY!!

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool washer.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (Whirlpoolcare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

Its foolish to buy from Lowes, even Sears. Plenty of "local" businesses will meet or come in below the price of these "big box" stores AND the service is impeccable compared to the bb stores, as you have found out.

Another reason people buy is the "credit" they receive through these BB stores but then your really stuck.

Its a shame what this country has come to. Corporations have sold us out and the Republican Party in Washington helps them along taking the lobby money to bend all the rules for them.

View more comments (9)
$2000
We were in your Anaheim store this past Saturday code#10300-30511-14567. Behind the small appliances you had a large clearance rack, on this rack you had a long piece of medal with sharp edges. The person I was with is tall 6'4", he ran into this knocked his...

@Consumer, Our store has a safety walk every morning, done by the mod. After the walk, he will walk with you and point out what has to be done.

If these safety issues are not taken care of you will be written up. And how would you know they are watching every consumer?

Feeling a little guilty there? And what the *** is "stloe"?