State: California Clear all filters (250 of 4926 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Sacramento, California: Lowe's - bad installation - huge lawsuit - legal tactics

Hi - our family is involved in a huge lawsuit with Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. To see our story about an installation that caused us to have to move from our home for 14 months and that made our family sick.... go to http://www.lowes-nightmare.com I am shocked at what we have gone through and they recently subpoenaed our FaceBook Records... in our opinion it is a bullying tactic. This has now been going on for 3 years. The beginning tells it all... I reported our problem to Lowe's and they only turned it in to their insurance after I complained to the Better Business Bureau 2 MONTHS later! I hope no one gets stuck in the same position we are. Please go to our site. Thanks!

I'm surprised lowes didn't fix the issue for you. I work for lowes as a kitchen designer and anytime an issue occurs they take care of it and will pay for the redo and give money back. Now lowes CEO is laying of tens of thousands of employees because of all the lawsuits.

I have asthma and my kids now have allergies to mold from a bad roof install back in 2011. I have been fighting them 6.5 years.

Advanced engineering said Lowe's waso 100% responsible and Classic construction hired by Lowe's after they admitted guilt said they house was too damaged by black mold to repair and must come down.

I was forced to live in my back yard with two little boys in a tiny 19 foot camper going on our second Christmas without room for a tree. I am still today fighting with everything I have to those low life bastards!

I am currently locked in 8 month battle with them over a door installation that has caused mositure to get under the flooring and mold

Been there, Done that. My lawsuit was different.

I was injuried by a product, that they had damaged, while in storage. The lawsuit was in the court system for six yrs. At trial they had over 6 layers in the court room. That about all I can say.

They will come after my family. If I say to much. No joke.

That what the lawyer told me. Check out

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

Hi Bill - the reason I started the website after the Facebook Subpoena... apparently you chose to make a comment without reading the case.

You have your own website regarding your litigation case against Lowes and you're surprised that they would subpoena your facebook information? Geez.....

View more comments (5)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Poway, California: Lowe's Refuses to Honor Extended Warranty!

Another "Do Not Use Lowe's Extended Warranty Plan" complaint because Lowe' refuses to honor it. I have been trying to have my Samsung front load washer repaired since last JULY. La Mesa, CA Appliance has been to my house numerous times and cannot repair it. La Mesa Appliance told me more than once to "bolt the washer to the floor", which voids the warranty. I am still in the process of getting this resolved. Lowe's must not pay fair market appliance repair because their vendors (La Mesa Appliance) treat the customers/consumers horribly. I am just beginning my process of the paper trail. I will be contacting the BBB, Lowe's Corp. Office, etc.

I am having the same problem only they are telling me they are not going to honor the contract due to where they conveniently put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the door where it was wet and rubbed by the door.

The only sticker out of several that has any wear at all! I refuse to buy from Lowes again.

I have to agree. Still trying to get a replacement burner for a Fridgaire stove since Nov 2009.

First company said "stove was grease issue and will not resolve". Hah, stove was clean. Grease was on serial tag down below. Second Jan 2010 company say ordering part.

Nothing yet and Lowe's EWP has been less than helpful. :(

I would call the number on the bottom of your receipt. Its a complaint/compliment hotline for lowes that sends you to corporate office. The complaint is taking then sent back to the Lowes store that sold you the appliance, they have a timeline to resolve your issue and send it back to corporate.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes review in Mission Viejo, California: Fiasco regarding dishwasher purchase

too many mishaps, starting with 'drop order' with their computer system, and subsequent visits back to correct it, and further mistakes. install appointment debacles followed. when i asked for refund, they couldn't process my order because it was still in limbo in their IT system. have never experienced something like this. i wanted to give them my business and more down the line for further remodelling of my home. i have owned several small businesses, and have never seen anything like this. haven't elaborated on the 'further mistakes' and responses because it would take too much of your time.

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Excess installation charges

recently i had a microwave installed above the stove and under a cabinet by lowes and was charged a extra fee for what the installer said was a modification by adding a flex exhaust pipe and laying a 1x3 peice of wood across the inside of the cabinet as the exhaust pipe hole was to large to bolt the microwave to / i call this normal instalation not a modification / for this i was charged a extra $55 by the installer / i wish to thanks lowes for the store credit i just recived for $55 and the consumer complaint line for getting this coreccted / sincerally david sandefur

my gosh you all are mean, no wonder I do it myself, I wouldn't want to do business with any of you! $400 for a microwave install is outrageous, it;s so easy a girl can do it...I'd charge half and feel I got paid a fortune.

It's no wonder Menards doesn't offer installation. Look at all the complaints about installation on Lowes and Home Depot installation from consumers who don't want to pay for the work needed. They don't need the headaches guys like this cause.

You consider what normal installation? Are you an electrician or contractor?

Nope you're not...I'm quite sure you were informed in the contract that additional charges may apply..you jus want something for nothin. Real classy of you.

Mr Sandefur, your success should be congratulated. Some of the comments here show just how some of Lowes' outlets are out to *** out of your hard earned money. I'm sure if they had been in your shoes they'd be ***' and moanin'.

Must agree with retailer4life. David Sandefur, had you gone with ANY electrician to do that same job, it would have cost at a MINIMUM $400, and that is IF any electrician would come out for such a *** little job.

You just stole $55 from the pockets of the workers at that store, not Lowes itself. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Okay, ***, LISTEN REAL CLOSE here, NORMAL INSTALLATION is just that....NORMAL installation. WHENEVER a contractor i.e.

installer has to do anything more to make something fit. it is ALWAYS an additional charge! Do you do work for free?? Why don't you just go back to Lowe's and complain that the whole friggin' microhood should be free, too??

Please all of you people, go through Lowe's @ pissed consumer and read my other posts, this is getting ridiculous!! I just wish you "know it alls" (who know NOTHING at all about retail) would come into my appliance dept. sometime!! Jeez.....

And before you *** respond with your childish replies, take a good long look in your mirror and realize the problems we encounter as sales specialists, be it Lowe's Home Depot, Menards, etc. ALL start and end with you "know it alls".

Gawd... come on retirement age so I can get out of this!!

View more comments (5)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Horrible, rude employees and service at Lowe's

My husband and I had a disappointing experience at Lowe’s store #1555 (2800 120th Street Hawthorne, California 90250). It all started at the beginning of May of this year. My husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and wanted to get the cabinets, flooring, and countertops all done at the same place. We went to the Hawthorne store and met with Thomas Woods in the kitchen sales department. We did the necessary measurements for the cabinets placed our order for them and picked out the flooring and tile that we wanted. Thomas told us that the cabinet installers would come out to measure for the cabinets and then he would place the order. We only paid for the cabinets at this time. We wrote a check for $15,370.69. This included our cabinets and the cost for installation. The date was May 5th 2008. That night Reyes and I decided that we wanted a few cabinets changed. When I called Thomas the next day I informed him of the changes we wanted. He told me that he had ordered our cabinets already and that we would have to wait until the cabinets were delivered. Then he would have someone come and pick up the ones that were going to be replaced and put the new order in. He did the opposite of what he had told us originally. He ordered the cabinets before the cabinet installers came to measure for the cabinets. This was the cause of all of our problems with the cabinets being late and having to be reordered. After this is when I started to have difficulty getting in contact with Thomas. I would call him, leave a message and never get a return call. Or I would get a hold of him, he would say he was with another customer and would call me back to answer my question. He never called me back. I would end up having to call him again. I do not think that this is how you train your employees to treat customers. I had told him form the beginning that since I am a teacher I wanted the kitchen completed before I returned to work on August 25th. He assured me it would be plenty of time. If Thomas had waited to put our order in until after the installers had come to measure this delay with the cabinets would not have happened. My husband and I were left in the dark and due to the lack of communication on Thomas’ part we decided to purchase our flooring and countertops elsewhere. If Thomas had simple returned our phone calls and answered our questions instead of blatantly and rudely ignoring us, we would not be as upset as we are. It seems that Thomas ordered our cabinets and once he got his commission, he forgot about us. We would have continued with the countertop and floor we had selected from the Hawthorne store and we would have placed our order with them. Because of the lack of customer service that we received we will never recommend Lowes to anyone who is considering remodeling their kitchen and certainly will not shop at your store again.

After reading most of the Invalid complaints on this site..I actually found one that is valid. I work for lowes and I feel your pain...the way that the salesperson handled the entire situation was very unprofessional..especially knowing that you only order after the installers measure..That's the same for any of our departments.

I am so Sorry for your inconvenience. :sigh

This is a complete drop of the ball by the sales associate who helped you. First, the only thing you should have paid for on that first night would have been the detail fee to have the area measured out, then over the span of a few meetings you would have to go through each and every inch of your kitchen design.

When you are finished designing it then and only then should the cabinets have been ordered. I believe your incident to be the exception to the rule as to how I have seen most kitchen cabinet departments ran.

cyber

How about racial discrimination. The Hialeah store in Florida hires racial discriminating people.

Yes in hialeah, florida that employees name was obrian. I am asking the state of florida to look into it as I was the one who dicriminated.

I think it was her attitude that made it worse. Since I have her full name if I see her working there or anywhere else I will make sure to point her out.

As far as sparrow's comment goes, I am a cabinet specialist at Lowe's and the employee mentioned in the complaint did not do things correctly. The reason the installer measures BEFORE cabinets are ordered is to ensure the correct sizes are ordered.

And as far as being too busy to follow up with the customer, that is INSANE because anyone who has ever worked reatail knows that the customer is number one priority, whether they are "pissy" or satisfied.

I don't like all my customers (in fact, I dislike most of them) but that is no reason to neglect them. My job is not to like my customers, it's to give them a new kitchen and great service, which this employee obviously did not do.

Complaints! Do your flippin job right and customers would not complain!!!!If you were waiting for cabinets an extra 6 weeks I doubt you would be too happy either.

How about you do your jobs and enjoy it instead of having an attitude all the time.

Get a life or get another job were you do not have to work with people. I wrote this especially since I used to work in retail and I understand the business!!!Before you respond to someone with an idiotic answer think about what you are going to say or don't respond at all.

Tsk, Tsk.

Too many complaints about ridiculous things. The poor guy was busy, had other customers to deal with, and quite frankly, some pissy customer worried about what day their cabinets get delivered is not top priority in a retail enviroment.

Ahhh....a teacher! That explains A LOT, here!!

WORST people to have to deal with! Well, College professors, but I digress......I'm sure that if the sales specialist in cabinets would have done EVERYTHING the way you wanted, it still would have been "wrong".

Just a hunch on my part, folks, just a hunch. (But I bet a correct one, if you read some of my other posts about Lowe's customers).

View more comments (6)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Excess instalation charges

recently we purchased a microwave with exaust fan from lowes and was charged $109 for labor and instalation / the installer did a very nice job / the contract stated that any modification was extra such as wireing or removeing or cuting cabinents etc /i didnt have a problem with that / however we were charged $55 extra to (lay) a 1x3 inside the cabinet as the opening for the vent was to large and there was nothing to bolt to / also the vent pipe was replaced with a flex pipe / this was called modification / i would call it normal instalation / i did not expect this from lowes

Listen, if you don't know a thing about installation of products, don't go assuming anything. When you have to build out or pack out anything from a cabinet to a door, it will cost extra.

Are you seriously that *** not to think someones additional time and labor are not going to cost more? Next time do it yourself, but I can only assume you don't have the first bit of knowledge how to use a level or hammer.

Anyway to get a extra buc from consumer! At least he showed up ! :( :(

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes review in San Dimas, California: I called to confirm delivery the day before and was lied to.

I ordered sod to be delivered on Wednesday. I called the night before and was told it was cut and on the truck and would be delivered the next day on schedule. The next day my crew was here until noon when my husband sent them home because it never arrived. I called when I got home and was told that the nursery didn't even have the PO on it. Now it is being delivered on the day of my husbands surgery and I will be doing it alone cause I can't afford to pay a new crew.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Review
#120323 Review #120323 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes review in Reseda, California: Pella door was not what we ordered

We ordered a door from the Lowe's in Mission Valley in San Diego. The door arrived and the installer did his job. Unfortunately when the home owner came home she found that it was incorrect. Now we have to go through the hassle of reordering it. The Pella door that came in 4 weeks later was the same as the one we originally got. The Pella "Rep" said he knew it when he went to pick it up. So he took photos of the door to show them what NOT to do. Now we have to wait another 2 weeks to get a third door. We have been through this before with Lowe's when we ordered cabinets, so we know we are in for a fight. For some reason they just do not communicate with the factory. The Pella "Rep" was courteous when he arrived the first time to look over the door and made copious notes. For whatever reason Pella did not follow his notes. They just shipped another door that was manufactured just like the first one. We are giving them the two weeks. If they do not deliver our door on that day we are removing the door and casing and taking it back to the store ourselves for a refund and getting a door from someone else. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we walk into their store with a door and want our money back. We're done with Lowe's. No more. We are going to get everything at Home Depot or the new True Value hardware store that went in near Clairemont Square. Lowe's - You are horrible. You may be in the top 50 in the Fortune 500 but you are in the bottom 50 when it comes to customer service and integrity. You lost a 2 to 3 thousand dollar per year customer. You will never again have the pleasure of taking our money. To Lowe's shoppers - Be tough and do what we did. By allowing them too much time to try to fix problems they hope that you as a customer will give up and go away. Being tough is the only way to get them to change.

We bought a fiberglass Pella entry door to the tune of a just under $4000. (from a Pella store).

Because of the style had to get the mahogany woodgrain. Well much to our surprise when the door was delivered it had a pink color to it. Long story short the gel stain would not cover the pink, so after going around with Pella they had someone come out and stain the door for us to hide the RED appearance. Now we have a 4000.

dollar entry door that looks painted brown! Pella did not offer to refund any money, take the door back, did not apologize that we were not informed of color, and the salesman had no idea they came tinted pink! Pella does not stand behind their product or care about the customer satisfaction.

Would not ever buy another Pella product nor recommend them. Buyers beware!

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Lowe's Checkout Cashiers

Their cashiers have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the entire cities of Riverside and Corona, Ca. Worse than the DMV or the IRS, if you can imagine . I only notice it there and no where else. Most businesses value their customers and train their employees in common courtesy, but not at this store. I would really be surprised if no one else notices and says nothing. I have dealt with the public before and know what it entails. Nice customers were a real joy, I sure didn't treat them like bums. If a Home Depot were closer, I would driver all the way around the block so I don't even have to look at the place. Thanks for letting me vent. Jim.

Haha, oh yes, Lowe's cashiers are extremely surly.

Thats why my 5'3, 125 lb. self is a customer loading queen.

Get a life. It's people like you that make me hate going to work.

Here I fixed your complaint for you:

Lowe's CUSTOMERS have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the...

Their cashiers are surly?

Wow...is this near Venice Beach? Do the children of Hulk Hogan work here? I'm not sure if you know the meaning of the words you've used here.

Cashiers are a hard breed to hire. They usually get paid low wages, and have to deal with JERKS all day. You are probably one of the jerks that come in there day in and day out giving them ***, and when they see you their moods go in rapid decline mode.

I'm sure you are also one of the people that claim to spend 5 million dollars every year and try to get everything for 75% off too.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Cry some more...

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Huntington Beach, California: Warranty Service

I recently purchased a pressurized toilet costing 528.65 bucks installed. I was told this was one of the best. After about 6 months, the toilet base cracked and fractured completely around its base making it completely unusable. I took the supposedly one year warranty with pictures of the broken toilet base to Lowes where I purchased this toilet. The service Rep??? said they would have the plumbing contractor call me for a scheduled time for examination of the toilet to determine what was the cause. (To many Hippos on the toilet??etc.) It was finally determined by the experts? that the toilet was defective. This toilet replacement was to be installed the following Monday between 8a and 12p. I was not back at home till around 9:30 A that day. A message on my answering machine was left for me for re-schedule in two days. I called back and said that was not acceptable, and they said that the plumbing contractor was booked up and could not reinstall the toilet for two more days. I asked the contractor(plumbing service) how much time they spent at my door waiting?? Obviously, they went right on to their next job without a "sorry we missed you and will come back later to install". They were not located across town and only 10 min away from my address and had the replacement toilet on their truck!! The main problem with service nowadays is the fact you have to deal with to many specialists?? and you have your phone strapped to you like a papoos! Today we are just a number with large these impersonal corporate stores. Personally, I'm willing to go back to the few mom and pop stores that offer consideration and personal service even if the cost is a little higher.(Surprise, the cost is even less!) sincerely, Eugene F. White, Born when a time of personal service was important to business owners (Not Wharehouse Corporations!)

register appliance warranty

You are a true ***.

So you are mad that they did not wait there for you to get home? Good thing they didn't or they would have waited there all day.

Their service for you seems perfect to me. They tried to fix your problem, but you weren't there when they made the appointment with you.

Oh and by the way...do the mom and pop stores offer a 1 year warranty on their installations...last time I checked they did not. I've had things installed by mom and pop stores in the past and when something went wrong...I was given the "Oh well" response. It seems to me like Lowe's was more than happy to make you happy, but once you showed that you were unable to work with them, and wasted their time and money even more...they wouldn't help you right away.

So you expected someone to wait at your door for an hour when you were given a time frame?

Eh, even most mom and pops will only wait a few minutes before they leave.

What ever happened to the time an age when people kept appointments...

View more comments (3)