State: California Clear all filters (251 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Sunnyvale, California - Great decision partnering with Lowe's

5.0
We have been partners with Lowes for a decade now. I have nothing but great experience with them. I love how they go above and beyond to please customers. That's our quote too, maybe thats why we get along so good. I was able to provide better life for my family and to create job. I would not wish for nothing more. Lowe's Is a great partner! It has opened many doors for our plumbing business, we build a great customer and contractor bond, it was more than what I have expected. Just like on every other business partnership should work both ways, not only good for subcontractors. I would recomed any contractor about there to give Lowes a shoot, you will not regret it. Once again, worked for us
Review
Pros
  • Love it
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Ridgecrest, California - Problem w outside deliver/repair contractor

Store trying to be helpful but outside delivery/repair co refuses to accommodate after 5 appt for a brand new dryer leaking gas.

I hope that if you had any kind of gas leak you would call 911 or your gas company. Gosh, that is dangerous.

Where is the gas leak? Is it in a connection to the dryer, or is the leak within the dryer (you state the dryer is leaking gas)?

If the leak is within the dryer you need to contact the manufacturer of the dryer and have a service person sent out.

It can't be a very serious leak if it hasn't been fixed in 5 appointments. If it were ,you would have been concerned for your safety and had someone else come and fix it.

View more comments (1)
Repair

Lowes in Folsom, California - Be prepared to be frustrated

We will never buy a Lowe's Heartland shed again. We installed it ourselves as we had previously built a house. After all, how hard could a shed be to put up? A good deal of the lumber provided in "the kit" was unusable as it was twisted or so scabbed that you couldn't nail it square. We had to use additional lumber to replace many boards. Since Lowe's is 30 miles from our house we decided not to take these boards back. It is a good thing that my husband has a table saw and a planer. The trusses were also a bit off of square but we just "went with it". One of the roof sheeting particle boards was damaged. Lowe's gave us a replacement sheet when we picked up the kit but it wasn't the same thickness. The siding was great. The paint went on it well. That is about all that I can say..
Heartland Industries Shed
Bad quality

Lowes in Sunnyvale, California - Refrigerator is still sitting on the first floor 2 weeks later

1.7

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

Finally the 6th attempt, this morning after 9:00 am, two people came and moved the refrigerator to the second floor where our kitchen is. They could have done that the first time instead of having us wait so many times and for so long.

We have never seen 4 people crew after all.

They parked their truck in the back and blocked my drive way. They should have parked in the front of the townhouse.

Update by user Sep 10, 2018

I am hourly rated contractor work at client office and each time I had to take time off to wait for the delivery. I wasted 10 hours (each time is 2 hour window) to be at home in order to receive the delivery.

Original review posted by user Sep 10, 2018

We bought LG refrigerator including free delivery and setup from Lowes Sunnyvale store. After 7 days, the refrigerator was delivered to our door. However, the two delivery people said they could not take this to the kitchen which is on the second floor. We were told they need 4 people crew to move the refrigerator to upstairs. Then I called Lowes Delivery department to reschedule. 2nd time, no one showed up, 3rd time, still the same two people came, could not do the move. The 4th time, Lowes still sent two people. I called Lowes and asked to speak to the supervisor, her name was something like Kourtney. She apologized and promised additional 20% discount on the refrigerator and told us next day (Sunday) or the latest following Monday to send 4 people crew. Again the 5th time, we waited till 9:15 AM this morning, no one showed up. Therefore, I called Lowes delivery department and was told we were not on their Monday schedule. Again I asked to speak to the supervisor, this time it was Sovia (or Sophia). She told me she had schedule for tomorrow (Tuesday) delivery and for sure they would send 4 people. Let's wait and see if tomorrow we will see 4 people crew from Lowes delivery department. I seriously doubt about it after so many time promises and failed every time. The delivery person even told me that I could pay someone else to do the move. Why? I paid Lowes for the delivery.
Review
#1351965 Review #1351965 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer service is terrible
Problem with delivery
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

I will never buy from Lowes again

I bought a Bar-B-Q grill. I was promised a delivery of 8/29. The delivery guys delivered it and from here my ordeal started. I called up Lowes and they promised a replacement to be delivered on 9/1. On 9/1 I called Lowes to check on the delivery time as I had not heard from them. The manager at West Hills, CA store from where I brought the grill told me it will be delivered between 5:30 and 7:30. I stepped out and at around 12:20 PM i receive a call they are there to deliver the grill. I was almost an hour away from home and told them to reschedule as I was given a different time. I was told they will deliver on 9/2 between 9:30 and 11:30 AM. I stayed at home and when they did not arrive at 11:30 I called the store, I was on hold for almost 40 minutes and during this time I was disconnected at-least 4-5 times. Finally I was able to get hold of the manager and he told me they do not control the delivery as it is outsourced and we will get a call from the delivery company. Finally, in the evening I went to the store and they put the notes in the system for a delivery on 9/3. I have still not received the grill and I have been on the call with them for 30 minutes. This is one of the worst experiences and I do not plan to buy from Lowes again.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Worst customer service
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - On line Payment Portal-No Due Date displayed-Scam for Late Fee

3.2
My paper statement was misplaced, I'm at work knowing soon the balance is due to avoid being charge interest. , I log on to Lowes Payment Portal from work to view m current account details, When is the Statement due Date? , view when the remaining balance is due. I spend 25 minutes searching for the pdf current statement,. Nothing there ! but a prompt to enroll in E-mail Statements and discontinue paper Statement. . Getting more frustrated to only Read " NO Payment is Due... and a balance of $88.87. The system is deliberately concealing, 1) the Due Date, 2) States "No Statement is available to review, and pay by What date to avoid any late fee, or unnecessary High Interest charges. My Home Depot , Visa, Amex, etc all provide on line payment Portals containing viewable/printable pdf of current and past statements. The DUE DATE is prominently displayed, along with balance to avoid any interest fee's. Lowes deceptively states NO Payment is due... in order to charge me, and millions of other consumers usury rate interest by confusing the consumer, withholding important accounting details so we , A) miss the due date and get hit with a $38.00 Late Fee + enormous interest... This failure to prevent the consumer from viewing important key payment details is by design . I will no longer use my Lowes card, and only Amex for future Lowes Purchases. Furthermore, the Agent hung up on me when I called to complain and ask when is the Due Date for my Statement, he kept urging me to sign on for E-mail future bills that would discontinue my paper statement. I will never go to this method . Lowes system deliberately leaves due date so they built in missed payment and huge interests fee's to increase the bottom line on the backs of the unsuspecting consumers by the millions... This is obvious..

If you have deferred payment, double check when the time is up. Mine was April but showed up on March statement that deferral was over. We had a deck built, my balance was a bit over 2,000, my interest was 2300.

synchrony bank manages lowe's cards. two times they either failed to send a bill, or it came late.

each time i was charged more in fees than i had ever saved with their 5% discount. same thing happened with my murphy USA card.

now both cards are cut up in fine pieces in the trash. never happens with other cards and they also offer discounts.

Geez... pay the $88.88 already and be done with it!

Then maybe you can pay your boss back the $10.00 for the hour you stole from him for the 25 minutes you took for your personal business and the time it took to write this review.

By the way... Lowe’s doesn’t get the interest due on the cridit card, Syncronicity bank does.

@PCFL1592

Shilling for Lowes? Are you trolling for them Lowes, Or the Bank?

Which one of these Criminal Cabal Enterprises are you working for to search out legitimate negative remarks? Why are you taking the time to write dumb responses that don't concern you? It is Consumers Legal Right,Regulated by many Federal Laws, FTC etcc...

many Regulations governing this... for credit card customers to receive detailed Account information, such as the *** Due Date disclosure !

@Los Angeles

I work for the individual. I’m not the one doing business, therefore, complicit in supporting these “Criminal Cabal Enterprises “ as you put it.

I will point out their fallacy to anyone whom is a willing participant in the bondage such organizations place the individual in. Take responsibility for your actions, payoff your debt and borrow mo more.

Besides... the due date was disclosed in the paper statement the OP received.

Lowes has nothing to do with the account. Call the company that issued the card.

If you know your payment is due soon why don't you just make a payment?.

You must share part of the blame. They sent you a bill that you couldn't keep track of.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • On line payment portal omits statement
  • Phone agent hung up on me
  • Customer service and inability to leave feedback
On line Payment Portal Omits Due Date to charge Interest Fees

Lowes in Union City, California - Price on bought items not acknowledged

1.1

Update by user Jul 31, 2018

I didn't pick this store for sale store. I had picked the closer Sunnyvale Lowes. Lowes.com picked this store for delivery without a known reason.

Original review posted by user Jul 31, 2018

I have done an online order during holiday of three appliances at Lowes.com with a 10% discount coupon. Last week I received a call from Lowe's union city, days before delivery, and I was told that the refrigerator in the order were damaged in their transportation. They asked my credit card for a reorder. Now, I have seen a higher separate charge on my credit card which reflects a no discount price of refrigerator. I called the Lowe's store but got either no answer or the ball kicked around. I went to my order online and found that the order on refrigerator has been cancelled and the other two items with no 10% off either. Am I dare to order at lowes.com with any promotion?

Agreed. online and in store orders are not sold in the same system.

You have 30 days from the original purchase to have those charges corrected. I'd call customer care and they'll be able to look at your orders. As long as they are able to pull up the orders they are pretty good at discounting orders for us customers.

I had a similar situation where a change was made to my order and their system took off the coupon and the associate didnt realise until after. they gave me the discount back.

The orders online were cancelled but you were still charged? Sounds like they put the order through the in store system.

In store and online use two different systems and neither talk to the other. Your best bet is walking straight to the customer service desk in store and asking for your 10% off.

It’s the communication between Lowe’s.com and the store. I was told that they cannot correct each other. So, it has been a waste of time calling customer care.

They probably didn't realise you had a promo code. Call their customer care.

View more comments (3)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Huntington Beach, California - Deceptive coupons

3.1
I received a coupon from Lowe’s for $20 off if you spend over $100. I tried to order an item online for $170 but it would not take the coupon. I went to the store and the employees tried to use the coupon but they couldn’t use it either. They told me to order it online and I could pick it up at the store and pay for it and then I could use the coupon, but when I try to order it online it wouldn’t let me pick it up at the store. It was sent directly to my house. I took the receipt to the store and show them, several employees tried different ways to apply the $20 discount. Finally after many attempts one of the employees came back and said the coupon cannot be used for online orders. In large print it said “$20 off if you spend over $100.” In very fine print it said not used for online orders. I had to use a magnifying glass for the fine print. I could’ve gone to Home Depot and picked up the item that day but it was a little cheaper at Lowe’s in with a $20 discount I thought that would be a good deal. If Lowe’s carries an item that I can purchase someplace else for more money, I will buy it someplace else. If I can’t find an item someplace else or online then I’ll go to Lowe’s.

ALWAYS read fine print on any coupon you get. no matter where it's for.

Specifically says cannot be used online. Nothing they can do about that.

Sounds like you need to go the eye doctor.

View more comments (2)
Lowes 20 Dollar Off Coupon
Cons
  • Deceptive advertising
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Lowe’s will be last on my places to buy list.
Tags
  • Miss Leading Offers

Lowes in Modesto, California - Right hand knows nothing of left hand

3.3
We waited over two weeks for the white color fridge so when it can, we were relieved to finally get it. But... one of the door handles did not fit well and it was pictured and noted to get it replaced. After two days we called to check on it as we had no communication concerning. They had no record of replacement. After waiting 3 weeks for replacement, we had to reschedule the next day delivery since we had an out of town medical procedure. Today when we called to inquire about delivery, there was no record of part need nor delivery. Think twice about buying appliances from Lowe’s. Even the sales associates were less than stellar.
Lowes Refrigerator Replacement
Pros
  • Price and selection
Cons
  • Resulting product part replacement response and timeline
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Very Poor Warranty Service
Featured

Lowes in Union City, California - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel

Lowes - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel
We bought a washer that came with free home delivery and installation. The installer did not connect the hoses properly. He left before test run was complete. Thecwashroom is upstairs. Water was pouring through the dining room light fixtures. LOWES USES A THIRD PARTY COMPANY FOR INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY, but they do not tell you this. The number on the receipt is for a company called DSI but the phone is answered with “You have reached Lowe’s home Delivery”. The damage is so extensive that we are displaced from home. DSI used a subcontractor who refused to provide insurance information. DSI refused to provide insurance information. Days later Lowe’s gave me a claim number, and the adjuster called three days after that. Lowe’s sent an independant adjuster to assess the damages. I made it clear to all parties that I am a renter, please separate the claims. Stevelyn Wright who was assigned my claim said “let’s just keep it in your name for now”. I asked her to assign a vendor to pack/move/store our property so repairs could take place. She became angry and said “WE ARE LOWES, NOT INSURANCE”. I explained that I am disabled and the $500 the adjuster allowed for this service wasn’t reasonable. She repeated her comment, then said “ now the homeowner will just have to go through her own insurance”. Duh, I don’t know why you thought you could get me to take money on her behalf to begin with. It’s been over a month - I’ve spoken with 4 adjusters, wasted countless hours speaking with Lowe’s Customer Care, requested to speak to Mrs. Wright’s supervisor ( no, I can’t have his email or voicemail per customer service. They said they’d send him a message. ) Stevelyn Wright called after I told her I’d use my own insurance. I missed the call, tried to call back. I asked her to email instead, never heard from her. Oh yeah, I have audio of the guy admitting fault. Lowe’s has the audio, photos, and videos. They just don’t care.

It sounds like the people at Lowe's don't have any Conner sense!

How about a class action lawsuit against Lowe's?

Now you know. Lowe's employs subcontractors.

All Lowe's is responsible for is the malfunctioning appliance. The sub must carry his own insurance and bond. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to recoup from Lowe's.

And if it's not your building, it isn't your insurance problem. Your goods and items, yes ; the structure, not likely.

h.kitchener

What does your landlord say about all of this? He has insurance and you should also as a renter.

Between both yours and his insurance plus, of course Lowe's insurance everything should be fine. Except, apparently it isn't.

Get with your landlord, your own renter's insurance and see what can be done. You or your landlord might want to get an attorney involved for the discussions with Lowe's.

@h.kitchener

The landlord and I both have insurance. The problem was that Lowes assumed responsibility then withdrew part of what they said they would cover.The homeowners insurance hasn’t approved repairs yet, and don’t seem to be in a rush.Late to the game was DSI, who eventually provided insurance info, said they would help, then a week later said they wouldn’t.Attorney sounds like the next step, but not sure what area of practice specializes in this type of situation.

View more comments (4)