State: California City: Los Angeles Clear all filters (27 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Sell items they don't have

The Pico Rivera (CA) store sold us 630 pieces of tile of which they only had 300. We bought about $700.00 worth of tiles and only received half of what we bought. We where assured we get the rest the next day and guess what happened the next day? We waited over an hour before we said forget it, give us the money back. The customer service was horrible, we waited long enough to read the badges of about 8 employees, 2 managers pass us by. After the hour we figured the never had the rest of the tile we bought it was all lie. Somebody just figure they make a 700.00 dollar sale before closing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ..... Don't go back, I'd rather pay the extra tax for a good old fashion Ace store anytime.

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Another, no thats not the one on sale

received a discount ad in mail, showed a white plastic toilet seat round,with another seat in writing that was elongated. We have round one's at our residence. Waited until ad as good on4-28-10, went in got round one, told OH, no round ones on sale, just elongated one. On page 4 of ad, picture and top portion show round and don"t say elongated, only 2nd or lower on does. Not first time Lowes ad were deseptive,I guess it may not be last unless someone files a complaint with DA's office about it. Ad had #511004 upper right. M Houghton

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Canceled my account without cause

I was a user of Lowe's project card untill a week ago. Without reason or cause on my part the account was closed.... I found it redundant considering the fact their business is so slow many of their employees are having to quit due to lack of work hours... Home Depot appreciates stupidity like that considering they pick up more business that way. I will pay off my small balance and move on none worse for the experience. I will gladly tell all about the treatment one recieves in doing business with such a business.... I guess some companies would be better off if the were out-sourced to another country. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all that read this......

I had a consumer credit card and just paid the balance IN FULL the end of December. Now I received a letter telling me they CLOSED my account.

I've been making my monthly payments on time and just decided to pay off the full balance.

Why would they do that? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Excess installation charges

recently i had a microwave installed above the stove and under a cabinet by lowes and was charged a extra fee for what the installer said was a modification by adding a flex exhaust pipe and laying a 1x3 peice of wood across the inside of the cabinet as the exhaust pipe hole was to large to bolt the microwave to / i call this normal instalation not a modification / for this i was charged a extra $55 by the installer / i wish to thanks lowes for the store credit i just recived for $55 and the consumer complaint line for getting this coreccted / sincerally david sandefur

my gosh you all are mean, no wonder I do it myself, I wouldn't want to do business with any of you! $400 for a microwave install is outrageous, it;s so easy a girl can do it...I'd charge half and feel I got paid a fortune.

It's no wonder Menards doesn't offer installation. Look at all the complaints about installation on Lowes and Home Depot installation from consumers who don't want to pay for the work needed. They don't need the headaches guys like this cause.

You consider what normal installation? Are you an electrician or contractor?

Nope you're not...I'm quite sure you were informed in the contract that additional charges may apply..you jus want something for nothin. Real classy of you.

Mr Sandefur, your success should be congratulated. Some of the comments here show just how some of Lowes' outlets are out to *** out of your hard earned money. I'm sure if they had been in your shoes they'd be ***' and moanin'.

Must agree with retailer4life. David Sandefur, had you gone with ANY electrician to do that same job, it would have cost at a MINIMUM $400, and that is IF any electrician would come out for such a *** little job.

You just stole $55 from the pockets of the workers at that store, not Lowes itself. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Okay, ***, LISTEN REAL CLOSE here, NORMAL INSTALLATION is just that....NORMAL installation. WHENEVER a contractor i.e.

installer has to do anything more to make something fit. it is ALWAYS an additional charge! Do you do work for free?? Why don't you just go back to Lowe's and complain that the whole friggin' microhood should be free, too??

Please all of you people, go through Lowe's @ pissed consumer and read my other posts, this is getting ridiculous!! I just wish you "know it alls" (who know NOTHING at all about retail) would come into my appliance dept. sometime!! Jeez.....

And before you *** respond with your childish replies, take a good long look in your mirror and realize the problems we encounter as sales specialists, be it Lowe's Home Depot, Menards, etc. ALL start and end with you "know it alls".

Gawd... come on retirement age so I can get out of this!!

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Horrible, rude employees and service at Lowe's

My husband and I had a disappointing experience at Lowe’s store #1555 (2800 120th Street Hawthorne, California 90250). It all started at the beginning of May of this year. My husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and wanted to get the cabinets, flooring, and countertops all done at the same place. We went to the Hawthorne store and met with Thomas Woods in the kitchen sales department. We did the necessary measurements for the cabinets placed our order for them and picked out the flooring and tile that we wanted. Thomas told us that the cabinet installers would come out to measure for the cabinets and then he would place the order. We only paid for the cabinets at this time. We wrote a check for $15,370.69. This included our cabinets and the cost for installation. The date was May 5th 2008. That night Reyes and I decided that we wanted a few cabinets changed. When I called Thomas the next day I informed him of the changes we wanted. He told me that he had ordered our cabinets already and that we would have to wait until the cabinets were delivered. Then he would have someone come and pick up the ones that were going to be replaced and put the new order in. He did the opposite of what he had told us originally. He ordered the cabinets before the cabinet installers came to measure for the cabinets. This was the cause of all of our problems with the cabinets being late and having to be reordered. After this is when I started to have difficulty getting in contact with Thomas. I would call him, leave a message and never get a return call. Or I would get a hold of him, he would say he was with another customer and would call me back to answer my question. He never called me back. I would end up having to call him again. I do not think that this is how you train your employees to treat customers. I had told him form the beginning that since I am a teacher I wanted the kitchen completed before I returned to work on August 25th. He assured me it would be plenty of time. If Thomas had waited to put our order in until after the installers had come to measure this delay with the cabinets would not have happened. My husband and I were left in the dark and due to the lack of communication on Thomas’ part we decided to purchase our flooring and countertops elsewhere. If Thomas had simple returned our phone calls and answered our questions instead of blatantly and rudely ignoring us, we would not be as upset as we are. It seems that Thomas ordered our cabinets and once he got his commission, he forgot about us. We would have continued with the countertop and floor we had selected from the Hawthorne store and we would have placed our order with them. Because of the lack of customer service that we received we will never recommend Lowes to anyone who is considering remodeling their kitchen and certainly will not shop at your store again.

After reading most of the Invalid complaints on this site..I actually found one that is valid. I work for lowes and I feel your pain...the way that the salesperson handled the entire situation was very unprofessional..especially knowing that you only order after the installers measure..That's the same for any of our departments.

I am so Sorry for your inconvenience. :sigh

This is a complete drop of the ball by the sales associate who helped you. First, the only thing you should have paid for on that first night would have been the detail fee to have the area measured out, then over the span of a few meetings you would have to go through each and every inch of your kitchen design.

When you are finished designing it then and only then should the cabinets have been ordered. I believe your incident to be the exception to the rule as to how I have seen most kitchen cabinet departments ran.

dude

How about racial discrimination. The Hialeah store in Florida hires racial discriminating people.

Yes in hialeah, florida that employees name was obrian. I am asking the state of florida to look into it as I was the one who dicriminated.

I think it was her attitude that made it worse. Since I have her full name if I see her working there or anywhere else I will make sure to point her out.

As far as sparrow's comment goes, I am a cabinet specialist at Lowe's and the employee mentioned in the complaint did not do things correctly. The reason the installer measures BEFORE cabinets are ordered is to ensure the correct sizes are ordered.

And as far as being too busy to follow up with the customer, that is INSANE because anyone who has ever worked reatail knows that the customer is number one priority, whether they are "pissy" or satisfied.

I don't like all my customers (in fact, I dislike most of them) but that is no reason to neglect them. My job is not to like my customers, it's to give them a new kitchen and great service, which this employee obviously did not do.

Complaints! Do your flippin job right and customers would not complain!!!!If you were waiting for cabinets an extra 6 weeks I doubt you would be too happy either.

How about you do your jobs and enjoy it instead of having an attitude all the time.

Get a life or get another job were you do not have to work with people. I wrote this especially since I used to work in retail and I understand the business!!!Before you respond to someone with an idiotic answer think about what you are going to say or don't respond at all.

Tsk, Tsk.

Too many complaints about ridiculous things. The poor guy was busy, had other customers to deal with, and quite frankly, some pissy customer worried about what day their cabinets get delivered is not top priority in a retail enviroment.

Ahhh....a teacher! That explains A LOT, here!!

WORST people to have to deal with! Well, College professors, but I digress......I'm sure that if the sales specialist in cabinets would have done EVERYTHING the way you wanted, it still would have been "wrong".

Just a hunch on my part, folks, just a hunch. (But I bet a correct one, if you read some of my other posts about Lowe's customers).

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Excess instalation charges

recently we purchased a microwave with exaust fan from lowes and was charged $109 for labor and instalation / the installer did a very nice job / the contract stated that any modification was extra such as wireing or removeing or cuting cabinents etc /i didnt have a problem with that / however we were charged $55 extra to (lay) a 1x3 inside the cabinet as the opening for the vent was to large and there was nothing to bolt to / also the vent pipe was replaced with a flex pipe / this was called modification / i would call it normal instalation / i did not expect this from lowes

Listen, if you don't know a thing about installation of products, don't go assuming anything. When you have to build out or pack out anything from a cabinet to a door, it will cost extra.

Are you seriously that *** not to think someones additional time and labor are not going to cost more? Next time do it yourself, but I can only assume you don't have the first bit of knowledge how to use a level or hammer.

Anyway to get a extra buc from consumer! At least he showed up ! :( :(

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Lowe's Checkout Cashiers

Their cashiers have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the entire cities of Riverside and Corona, Ca. Worse than the DMV or the IRS, if you can imagine . I only notice it there and no where else. Most businesses value their customers and train their employees in common courtesy, but not at this store. I would really be surprised if no one else notices and says nothing. I have dealt with the public before and know what it entails. Nice customers were a real joy, I sure didn't treat them like bums. If a Home Depot were closer, I would driver all the way around the block so I don't even have to look at the place. Thanks for letting me vent. Jim.

Haha, oh yes, Lowe's cashiers are extremely surly.

Thats why my 5'3, 125 lb. self is a customer loading queen.

Get a life. It's people like you that make me hate going to work.

Here I fixed your complaint for you:

Lowe's CUSTOMERS have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the...

Their cashiers are surly?

Wow...is this near Venice Beach? Do the children of Hulk Hogan work here? I'm not sure if you know the meaning of the words you've used here.

Cashiers are a hard breed to hire. They usually get paid low wages, and have to deal with JERKS all day. You are probably one of the jerks that come in there day in and day out giving them ***, and when they see you their moods go in rapid decline mode.

I'm sure you are also one of the people that claim to spend 5 million dollars every year and try to get everything for 75% off too.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"