State: California Product: Lowes Advertisement Clear all filters (2 of 8 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Sacramento, California - Delivery of used and dirty 800-series dishwasher

I ordered Online Lowes by last Thanksgiving a Bosch 800-Series dishwasher and paid almost $900 for that. About 3 weeks later on Dec 15, Lowes Citrus Height delivered an used and dirty dishwasher to my home. There is still much water, vapor, and even food inside the tub. Right after the delivery, my wife checked and saw that and called Lowes Customer Care to complain about this. It was an used, returned item; i.e. not a brand new one as we paid for. Today Sat Dec 19, I returned the dishwasher to Lowes by Calvine Rd, Sacramento CA. Again lot of headaches with that store at the check in counter: - They said it was a special order. That is why I have to live with that. My reply would be that I don't care about what order, as long as I paid a brand new one, I should receive a brand new one. With a similarly used Bosch dishwasher, people can have it with half of the price in SearsOutlet. - They said I bought from Lowes Citrus Height, I should have to return to Citrus Height, not to Calvine Lowes. My reply would be I ordered by Lowes Online. Delivering the product from wherever belongs to Lowes, not myself. I even told them I called your store-Calvine before the return, and got confirmed that I could return to your store; i.e. not having to drive to another city-Citrus Height. - They kept saying that I paid by cash in Citrus Height, so they need a receipt. My reply would be I bought Online and paid with my Lowes credit card; i.e. something wrong with their computer system. Finally I asked to talk to their manager. When the appliance manager came, I showed her the dirty part, the dishwasher door full of stains. I told her the tub was full of water and even food. Her reply would be that normal as they run water for testing. I just don't know how to say to her. She should have known that all tests should be done by the factory; i.e. not by the store. Any returned item (i.e. like from Macy's or Costco) needs to be marked "Returned". It is illegal to ship an used, possibly defective item to customers as brand new one while the advertisement as well as payment agreement are for a brand new product.
Review
Service
Lowes Advertisement
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Riverside County, California - False Advertisement.....They immediately run out of the advertised item

Mira Loma, California Store Very bad customer service, took 10 minutes to find an associate just to find out that they ran out of product they advertised a few days ago. The ad didn't say anything about limited quantities or no rain check issued and they didn't even try offering a comparable item. The associate started arguing about advertisement and was just rude. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people. Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people....Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery.
mstevenson918

Had the same experience at their Ocala, Florida store. Rude, lazy employees.

And they hang sales flyers on more expensive items then try to substitute a much cheaper item. We picked out a bathroom vanity that had a sales flyer attached to it but there weren't any of that vanity boxed up so we asked an employee to see if they had any in stock and she said she would check which color do we want and I said the exact one there and pointed at it and added the white one. She said ohhhhh THAT particular vanity isn't on sale..the one that is on sale is one without any drawers. I said well why in the world would you hang a sales flyer on THAT vanity.

Put it on the one that is on sale...Like. ..DUH !!! But then we saw that was a common practice throughout the store. I guess some people will go ahead and pay the higher price because they liked the item they believed was on sale so much that once at the register they won't say no take it back and bring me the less desirable sale item.

It's a VERY low down, dirty practice, is VERY misleading, and is FALSE advertisment.

If it isn't an illegal practice, it certainly should be !

Sounds like you went in to buy plants. The ads often show a variety of plants at a given price.

Lowes and most other stores don't have acres of land out back where they grow plants. The get shipments in form various nurseries.

You can't expect them to have an unlimited supply of every variety of plant on hand every day. You have unreasonable expectations of a store that sells live plants.

@Anonymous

@ Anonymous: YOU have to be a Lowe's corporate cronie who trolls these boards making up excuses for extremely poor customer service. And I'm here to tell you, you may as well stop defending them because first off there is NO excuse for horrible customer service and secondly after the experience I had with Lowe's I am here to post after each one of your snide, rude posts and shut you down from trying to make the customer feel inadequate or to blame because apparently after having such a bad experience they must feel like the ONLY mistake they made was to attempt to shop at Lowe's in the first place.

The original poster is by far in the right to expect an equal item if Lowe's marketing employees are too *** to put the disclaimer of limited supplies, sorry no rain checks.

But even with that disclaimer I wouldn't go shop at the store. The correct and customer service thing to do is offer an item of equal value or a rain check when they have another shipment in.

@mstevenson918

It's a well known fact that Lowe's and Home Depot hire companies to contradict any negative comments against them. It's a new thing called internet reputation management. That's what this guy is.

@klaatu

Well its ONLY making them look worse. (IF that's possible) He comes out immediately slamming the original poster and Lowe's customer!

He is an incessant bully that I hope Lowe's wakes up soon and realizes he is only making the situation go from really really bad to horrible! He tries to make them feel *** or like whatever issue they had was their fault somehow. Instead of acknowledging and fixing the REAL issue...HORRIBLE customer service ! It's soooo simple to fix.

IF Lowe's really cared about their customers.

View more comments (4)
Review
#611961 Review #611961 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111