State: California Product: Lowes Cashier Clear all filters (9 of 78 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Chico, California - Cashier

4.7
In general, I love Lowes. Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff. That's great, and that's why I keep coming back. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. At a check out aisle, I only had two small PVC adapters I wanted to buy (value -- a couple of dollars). Apparently, that little purchase raised her suspicions. She asked me, "Only those two items"? The question made me feel like she didn't trust me and thought I might be trying to steal something (hidden in my pocket or somewhere or there might be something else wrong with my purchase). Who knows? But the question put me on the defensive. Here I am trying to support their business, and the cashier disrespects me. That's why I frequently consider shopping at Amazon since they don't want to ding shoppers with micro-aggressive questions that make them feel like a thief or otherwise devalued. Lowes, please train/retrain cashiers to show as much respect for customers who spend two dollars and much as customers who pay two thousand dollars (let store security handle shoplifters). A lousy cashier can ruin an entire shopping experience. So, stop asking that type of question. It's offensive. Lowes tries hard to serve the community’s home improvement needs. So, I’m confident they’ll do something about an occasional bad apple.

Lol, micro-aggressive questions. Pull the stick out if your *** my friend. You think way to much of your self

“micro-aggressive questions” That’s a new one. Where did you get that term from, your shrink?

Relax and take your medication.

I’m sure it was an innocent question. Quit being so micro-sensitive.

Your an idiot. Please, this must be a joke. No one can be this dumb.

OMFG, are you kidding me? She asked you “only those two items” probably to try to engage you in conversation about your project/task.

Why is theft automatically where your mind goes?

Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. I also bet you’ve never worked w the general public.

@WOW

I don't want to be engaged in any casual conversation when I interact with a cashier. A pleasant smile from him/her would more than suffice.

Oh, yes, if anyone has a guilty conscience, it would be the cashier. Most folks who work the cash register are fine, but some of them may have to deal with their unconscious biases, and this is something Lowe's needs to monitor or they can forget about my comment and I'll just shop elsewhere. No problem!

G.B. America that we have so many choices!

@Anonymous

"lways seems to be a friendly staff person "Then you negate your first comment about friendly people. DB's such as yourself are the reason we have cashiers and such that don't want to be friendly not knowing what kind of @#$# a *** like you is on that day.Stay home next time loser.

@Anonymous

"Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff" is a true statement. I never said there always seems to be a friendly cashier available at the register.

No "negation" here.Sadly, you are giving a reason why you are unfriendly instead of apologizing for being that way.

Customers pick up on that unfriendly attitude and avoid shopping at certain stores or avoid certain cashier lanes. The tone of your comments says it all!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Cashier

Lowes - Cashier Review from Escondido, California

I shoped at lows in escondido ca. I picked 2 electric ceiling fans. Took to cashier and asked for installation service. Because of distance an extra $35 charge. I was told in order to save the extra $35 to purchase the fans at the miision valley store. I went to mission valley store and was told that their contracted installer co. Was no longer working for lowes and no other installer was contracted. This is in the middle of summer and s big outfit like lowes did not have installers. What a crock. No more lowes for this customer. Their services suck. Beyond the greeders in stores their services and merchandise is 2nd rate. Jim syno

Lowes - Cashier Review from Mountain View, California

I didn't notice the caulk I grabbed with other items was leaking out the top til I got to the cashier. I went to get another and had to stand in line again. It wasn't my fault the tube was leaking.

And the other folks who were in line behind you should have waited for you to get back to the checkout, or better yet let you jump back into "your place" in line when you came back. So sorry you were inconvenienced. It may be easier for you to check your purchase before you get in line.

Damaged or defective

Lowes - Cashier Review from Long Beach, California

2.1
Will not shop Lowes again: too many times needed items are out of stock or misplaced on shelves. Prices missing creating problems at the cash registers. The biggest issue that removed Lowes from my DIY store is that they would not recognize my veteran status. Granted, I had forgotten my ID card , but at 70yrs old, my Veteran cap and my original "dog tag", I can't believe the store manager would not approve the discount-a mere 10%. I don't fault the cashier who seemed fearful of making the decision. I ask for the manager. I wrote the corporate office and got the same response. Had I gotten an apology from corporate and an explanation of policy I'd consider shopping again. But my letter did not support trust on my claim as a vet nor did I get any apology! No more lowes for me, my family or anyone who I share my experience.

Why should vets get a discount? You guys always expect a handout. Makes me sick.

Lowes Cashier Review

I was at the lowes in florance ky no one ask me if I need any help or greeted me very rude people when the the checkout and the cashier name pamela was very rude throw my stuff Ina bag and didn't say anything to me
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Cotati, California - Accused of shoplifting after returning merchandise for exchange

We recently bought several granite umbrella stands from this store. When we arrived home and unpacked, we found one of them cracked in half. No problem at this point, we understand these things happen. We returned to the store and waited in line for 30 minutes at customer service. The woman that helped us (small, with glasses) looked at the base and asked us "if we were sure we didn't crack it when unpacking it. Basically accusing us of the damage. We said "no" we did not crack the stand. She then stared at her computer for five full minutes. Next she got on her cell phone and walked away so we couldn't hear her. She came back in 5 minutes and said she would allow a "one time" exchange. I asked her what she meant by that, and she said she was just repeating what her supervisor said. I asked to speak to her supervisor but was told she had just left the store. She looked at her computer and said there were 5 more umbrella stands with our color in the garden department. We were told to "go find one" and them come back and stand in line again. We walked across the store to where they keep the stands and found they had zero stands in our color. We verified there were no more "in back" with another employee in that dept. When we asked if the inventory system had a mistake, he said the inventory system was "a mess" and he never relied on it. So we compromised and selected one with a different color. We went back and stood in line for 20 minutes at customer service. By chance, we ended up being helped by the same girl that "helped" us before. She couldn't understand why we chose one of a different color and said that they couldn't do an exchange on that basis, even though they are the same product from the same manufacturer. We pointed this out, and she left to "call her supervisor" again. This time she was gone for 12 minutes. She came back and said since her supervisor was now in a "good mood" she could move forward with the exchange, but there would be "a lot" of paperwork. This next phase took 15 minutes, where she stared at her computer screen and typed maybe 6 words during the whole process. Finally, she handed us a receipt without a word. Never in this whole process, which took almost two hours, did she offer an apology or thank you for our patience. But what happened next is why we will never visit a lowes store again. We walked through the checkout stands and were almost through the door when the alarm triggered and a automated voice told us to return to the check stand. I stopped, turned around, and saw a 20 something man running towards our family. He grabbed out cart and muttered something about "shoplifting" and began walking back to the check stand with our cart. Both of my children were so scared by the alarm and the aggressive nature of the cashier that they began to cry. I followed the cashier back to the checkout stand. There was a line there, and about a dozen people heard this cashier say to me "Now, did you forget to pay for this item?" I explained to him that this item was an exchange and gave him the receipt. He examined it closely and said her would have to "verify" the receipt with customer service. He opened his cell phone and turned his back to me. A few minutes passed and he turned back to me. He said customer service was busy and that I would have to wait a few minutes for them to call back. He asked that I stand to the side while he helped other customers. He checked out 5-6 customers. My kids were still shook up by his demeanor and the alarm, so I walked back up to him and asked him how much longer we would have to wait. He gave a very condescending look of exasperation and said he needed to checkout his customers and that i should be more patient. At this point, I had enough. I told him I was walking out the door and would never be back to any Lowes for any reason. He said "Fine, but don't be surprised if the police are knocking on your door later." I said - that would be great, because the police are more reasonable than anyone at lowes. As I walked out the door, the alarm went off again and again my kids began to cry. All of this over defective merchandise. A $29 umbrella stand. Never again.

Lowes Cashier Review

Norman store female cashier dressing with hoohie mama shorts husbands thinks discussing what lowes alows a dress code such as this
Lowes Cashier

Lowes false info from cashier and manager

I was going to purchase a CharBroil quantum Gas grill Saturday, June 12 and was told by a young lady at the register that I could get a free re fill and she asked her csm lady who was at the product pick up desk and the csm approved. I told her I did not have my tank with me to exchange so I told her I would bring in the tank Sunday to do the free refill exchange so she said ok. I came in with my tank for the exchange the following day Sunday morning and wanted to purchase the Quantum grill so I went to the register and it was a different young lady being another day and shift obvious, I explained to the cashier reason I brought the empty tank so I could get the free refill they had promised me from Saturday evening and they told me it would be no problem on Sunday. I was denied. I wasted my time and gas, I lugged a tank around for nothing. Sadly i should have gotten it in writing. I do not trust them anymore as the cashier who denied this deal i was promised by Lowes the day before showed pleasure in her denying me what was promised to me. Poor service, never returning and will spread the word to my friends and home owners.

The cashier should have rung you up for a free propane tank and marked it NL ( not loaded)so that when you went back to pick it up, all you had to do was show them your receipt.

Lowes Cashier

Lowes is the worse place to work at.

I worked the loews in Fresno CA and let me tell you that was the worse job! When i was first hired i was never told how many days you can miss, when you start getting vacation, holiday pay or anything. When i asked a head cashier or my supervisor i never got the same answer. Then there were days i worked a 6 hr shift and only received one 15 min brake. I called a head cashier and told them i needed a brake and all they ever said is "OK i will try and send someone", that never happened. So i told my supervisor about it and he didn't care, and i never even got paid for it. Pay roll person said it will be on the next check but it was not. Not receiving my brakes happened to me 8 different time my whole 7 months working their. Then one day i was working a closing shift and i felt sick all of a sudden and told my head cashier i was going to get sick. So i ran into the bathroom not even making it i thew up. Several of my co-workers saw me get sick and go into the bathroom. So after that i walked up to my supervisor and told him i got sick and needed to go home. He looked at a head cashier by him and said "did you just hear what she said? she wants to go home" and laughed. Then yelled at me and said " your not sick your just hungover you can stay". Well for one i was not even 21 at the time and i was actually sick. So i told him no I'm going home i get a doctors note. That was my first time ever going home, i never missed a day of work. If my supervisor did not like you he would show it and treat you like ***. Then the HR manager was just as bad . I got married and changed my name and went to my hr and asked her if she could change it with Lowe's. She told me you need to make copies and i said i already did. Then she said well i have alot to do right now so come back later. I came back 3 times and still it was never done. I later found out if she dose not like you she wont help you. She also seemed to be very fond if your male. Their was this cashier working who dyed her hair with red highlights and the hr told her that's against dress code she had to wear a had. The phone operators daughter who worked their also had the same color hair but never got told anything and didn't have to wear a hat. Just because she was good friends with management and HR. I feel that lowe's in Fresno ca is the most unorganized, hostel, law breaking place to work at. Its not only the store its the whole company. I called lowe's corp 3 times about not receiving brakes and they didn't seem to care nothing was ever done. So i quit and i tell be to think twice before applying at lowe's!!!!!!

lol being cashier is literally the *** job at lowes lumber, paint, appliances or receiving is where its at man

I also work for lowes on the east coast.... and fifteen minute breaks are NOT mandatory.

If you get them you get them. And a fifteen would be the MOST you would get for a six hour day. You are not entitled to a lunch until you work seven hours.

Lowe's can be ***, but by being a cashier you chose by far the *** department at Lowes to work for.

Stop ***. You sound like a bratty kid.

This comment from California sounds similar to what I hear from cashiers at the store I currently work full-time at in North Carolina; not getting breaks, double standards, lack of common human dignity towards cashiers. They really get the short end of the stick working at Lowe's.

And to top it off cashiers are required to clean public bathrooms and break room. It's no wonder there has been nearly 100% turn-over on the front end at cash registers and customer service in less than one year.

I have been with Lowe's, coming up on my 6th year. I have always loved it there.

My HR is amazing and my Admin ASM is awesome.

I have no complaints and no intentions to leave anytime soon. =]

@Anonymous

Ha, you might not have a choice to leave one day. I had 7 years in and then a new lezbo store manager comes in and wrongfully terminates me because I was a male.

I have worked for Lowe's for over 4 yrs. I have worked in 3 stores and been a department supervisor over every dept in zone 3.

In one store was over all 5 depts in zone 3 at once. I know everyone at some point hates their job, But to say is the worst place to work is so far from the truth. I honestly think if you take advantage of everything Lowe's teaches you, and offers it is a very good company. Where else can you get such awesome benefits??

I make $7 more an hr then I did at Home Depot for the same position. You wont always get along with your supervisor, ASM, Or SM. But if you work hard, strive to succeed and are willing to work hard and learn, then you can move up. All I can say is if you hate working for Lowe's any of you...Quit!!

No one makes you stay, And if you hate your job that bad I am sure your work refects it, and no one wants you there anyways. So do everyone a favor...

While I have to agree about the grammar and usage in this individual's review, my experience as a multi-year employee at Lowe's makes me sympathetic to her situation. The corporate culture in this company in one of extreme favoritism, from top to bottom.

If you're "in" with management, you can get away with things that would get anybody else fired (I mean this quite literally, as I have personally witnessed many examples of management and their friends doing things for which they have recently fired other employees they did not care for). My store recently went through a complete managerial shift in which corporate basically came in and forced all of the Assistant Store Managers to transfer to other stores, while firing the Store Manager and HR Manager. The previous management crew was a great team to work with.

Since the change, we have had nearly 50% turnover in my store, partially from utterly senseless firings, partially from people who don't like the sword dangling above their heads every single day quitting and moving on. When I first came to work for Lowe's, it was the best company I had ever worked for, and it is now by far the worst.

Firstly , I would greatly appreciate that if you're (notice it's the correct form) going to make a point you do so in a well thought manner. This often requires one to use proper syntax and grammar.

Second , it is indicative of Lowe's policy to only give you ONE 15 minute break ( notice once again the correct usage ) per 6 hour shift and it is not guaranteed. With that being said ma'am , I hope you will be more successful in your further efforts which should also include a freshmen English comp course

First Born Triplet
@Anonymous

Who cares about the spelling and grammar, we know what this person is talking about. Not to mentio speaking about correct grammar you forgot the period in your last sentence. Just saying.

Luckily for you, you can't even master the English language. Want some fries with your #swag?

First, learn how to write correctly.

Brakes are on Cars. breaks are what you take at Work. Did you go to a School?

Your grammar denotes your level of education. Frankly, I think you're not very trustworthy and probably complain too much.

F.U. University

I have my degree 2 fingers for U (also)

Sounds like your situation is an isolated case. I currently work for Lowe's, and I also worked for Lowe's in 1999; when I had a near fatal automobile accident. I was in intensive care, and wasn't aware of any of this until I was discharged; My pay continued, my grown children were out of state, Lowe's contacted my kids, and my immediate supervisor, and next in command came to the hospital,informed my kids that if "They needed anything!" to let them know.

Sounds like you are one of those looking for an excuse for your "LACK" of responsibility, and ownership of your personal behavior(s).

Maybe "rethink" your life!

Ricardo

lowes is the best place I ever worked, maybe you should report those people instead of letting them *** you, kind of makes sense there are plenty of laws in place to cover employees maybe if you took the time to look them up you wouldn't have that problem and could rid that store of the bad managers. try working for a grocery store you'd be begging for your job back at lowes

MajinMareg

I don't think it's lowes problem you don't get brakes. They don't even sell car parts.

I work at lowes and love it. Good pay and benefits, reasonable expectations, and management has never been a problem.

I do my job well and am well liked. Best company I have worked for yet, hands down.

Contractor for Lowe's. They call our crew for all the difficult and important installations/builds.

We have a great customer satisfaction rating. It's funny how they fail to register your name for a particular job type, even after hiring you to do the work, all the way up until the job has been done for over a month. This means you finish a contract but don't get paid for the work until 5-6 WEEKS later. But god help you if you're in the middle of an install and cannot answer the phone immediately.

I work with every store in my state, barring two locations. They ALL have this problem. How on earth can you HIRE someone for a job and not approve them for that until AFTER it's been done for over a MONTH?

Only one store here has it together and doesn't commit this act of stupidity. Bottom line, they wont have installers for much longer if they continue to treat us this way.

I'm a manager at Lowe's and if this guy would have ever asked me how many days he was allowed to be absent he would instantly be on my *** list. I don't know how he made it through the interview process.

He used brake instead of break! ***

@Idk

I agree with what you said about this employee but if you are a manager or assistant manager at Lowe's you are also an ***. What a low life job. You are either uneducated or have a low IQ to do what you do.

@winemagnet

Amen.

@Idk

Lowe's sucks. The Management team is really bad at my store.

We have become Lowe's - Mart. The store manager was really good at one time. Then she hired an HR Manager that thinks she runs the show. A use to be dept.

manager from Wally world. Bottom line they do not care about the people that work under them. The store manager needs to take her store back.

Tell the HR Manager and the ASM That she is the boss. I love what I do here at Lowe's but there are a couple of managers that need to be put in there place.

I work at Lowe's in Llyod New York and have been there little over a Month and personally I love it. The employees are all friendly and talkative, and its real laid back. No fighting, no drama, just good vibes.

You're an ***

I worked thier at the same time I know who the cashier was who dyed her hair and the phone operators daughter is. I was a head cashier and it was just as bad for me too.

The managers are jerks and a lot of the cashiers were always trying to come up with excuses not to work, the hr is awful.

Managers were always trying to fire people, the customers were the rudest and most disrespectful customers I have ever felt with. The list goes on and on I finally quit last year and have never looked back.

Reality69

Thank you Realistic!!

Any company with multiple locations will have multiple personalities running them and multiple personalities working under the various managers. Of course there will be good ones and bad ones.

This isn't rocket science folks. it also isn't indicative of a whole company. I've worked for Lowes for 14 years and the company has always taken care of me. Rather it be time missed for out of work injuries or making changes to my insurance to include my non married but live in spouse.

401k company match to 4 weeks of vacation next year (3 weeks currently).

Anyone who blames their problems on a location or 2 simply is NOT a realistic thinker.

@realistic thinker

You have a charmed life at Lowes then, but there are some Lowes stores that treat their employees not very well. If the manager likes you, you will have a good experience, if they do not like you, they will treat you awful!

After reading your complaint and seeing that you cannot spell basic words correctly or use proper grammar, it is obvious to me why you didn't like working there. It seemsthat mMcDonalds is more suited for you since you only need to ask "would youlike fries wwith that?". Perhaps you need to reflect upon yourself and your capabilities before you bash a good company, maybe the company was too good for you.

iv worked for lowes for about a month now im a cashier and i don't think its that bad.. i think its cool how we get a 15 min break before lunch and after lunch and get paid for it most jobs dont have that, its really not hard work we get an hour lunch and get the days we request off..

so don't think its that bad. i really like working for lowes the pay is pretty good too., :)

I have worked for lowes for 5 yrs, March 31st 2013 is my last day. 'm not being fired or teminated, I'm leaving because this compnay really sucks, I have been a very succesful sales specialist, dont call in sick and did my job very well, management loves me and begged me not to leave.

The corporate leaders at this company have no idea how to motivate or treat their employees, those who support them are just enjoying the koolaide while it lasts, The lies, descete, misguided promises and their LEF is elementary at best, nobody supports it because its not going to happen, how do i know this? Because the corporate leaders dont even know how to make it happen, I;ve heard the lies and promises for 5 years and nothing has changed for the better, its gotten much worse, please dont mention our commissions, OH!! did i mention our losing our commissions, and they said they were doing us a favor???

lol..

what a joke.. Good bye and iwont be shopping here either..

@Leaving now

Great Comment by Leaving Now. That is right on the money.

I've been with Lowe's now for Just under 5 years and while I have to say that not everything about Lowe's is perfect, overall I'm pretty happy with my time spent with Lowe's thus far.

I've worked in two different stores one twice and while each store is unique I have found and certain things are considered more important than others at each store.

Overall Its not a bad place to work at all.

The benefits are good, pay is decent considering what the job requires and while Management can sometimes be a pain id strongly recommend lowe's to anyone as a good place to work

Those of you claim to have worked for Lowe's and weren't treated well all I have to say to you is remember you worked for just one store that store's views dont necessarily speak for the company as a whole.

I've worked at lowes for over a month now, and my location is fantastic. We get breaks on time, unless extreme circumstances, and our HR manager is one of the nicest people ever.

So really, what this seems to be.. is that.. if your managers suck or you have a bad attitude / don't get along with everyone.. Your workplace sucks. No matter where you go.

Everywhere has its perks and downfalls. I'm an extremely easy to get along with worker, but my other job's managers are just horrid. No paid breaks, no holiday hours, extreme understaffing.. It could be worse.

I have worked for Lowe's for 3 years and have dealt with the same hr issues, manager issues, and corporate issues. The hr at my store in Ky has her own click that she keeps happy anyone not in this click are treated unfairly, this hr hired people that were at our store for 1 month to a full time sales specialist just because he was a nephew of the a lady in this click.

I have been there 3 years and am still stuck in the same dept as part time, and they always give the worthless lazy *** people the jobs and good treatment the hard workers get treated *** and the lazy *** get gold. deff do not work here!

employees aren't trained for equipment they are using...there aren't enough employees to cover all the departments so they expect the few on to do it all never giving breaks when they should...general managers don't listen and don't care what their employees are experiencing...it's all about the profit and their bonuses...they give one employee phones/beepers from several departments and expect them to answer within 3 calls even though they may be helping a customer...not impressed with lowes both as shopper or wife of one employee. I can see why there is such a turnover of employees...a few weeks and you've had it!!!!!

I believe Lowes has outlived its usefulness; they are and will always be number 2 no matter how many stores they close down. If you really want to see a cluster, work at the corporate offices.

Rarely will you see Individuals being hired who are actually qualified for positions, as a matter of fact Lowes corporate office promotes from within so don’t bother applying for any position that actually requires an education, just get on as a call taker and BS your way to the top. I worked long enough for them to see individuals with no education being promoted over individuals who had 4 year degrees in the applied fields and sure I believe in giving everyone a chance but when the individual without the education is also an ***….I saw this with 8 different individuals. The problem is not the employees but the managers, since these managers are the same people who BS their way to the top.

Basically you have individuals who have been spoon feed into cushy positions that don’t know anything outside of Lowes and therefore can’t really make any modern useful decisions. My advice is don’t waste your time with second rate company, if you have an education look for a company that values that.

I think it is funny when people bi%^% about this stuff. If you are a *** employee and do the minimum well of course they want to get rid of you.

It's not because they have some secret reason it is plain and simple you suck and they need to find someone who will do it without the drama or special needs that you require. They wont fire you because your sick but sick alot or call in sick alot to me says you dont want the job. If you really wanted it stay and suck it up go come and get better.

In todays economy its so easy to find better help from people that want to work. For the rest of you dont worry we will pay your welfare while you do s*&^ like your use to.

#501950

I just got hired and think it is a fine place to work. You people just *** too much about having a job. You have a 401k , option to purchase stocks.Go on welfare then and rot

Fired me last week for something I didn't even do. Worked there for 2 1/2 years and this is the thanks I get?

The HR manager tried to make me confess and I wouldn't since I never did anything wrong.

They just moved the store and already they are losing a ton of money because the sales are not there. I'm pretty sure they will close before this year ends.

I'm sorry, but your grammar is horrible. You said you are married so you are too old to make those mistakes.

I'm not a big grammar person, but you continuously used brakes and their, leaving out a 's' in a plural word, and just misspelling things.

Not to be rude or a grammar nazi, but grammar is very important when it comes to having a career or society in general. It doesn't have to be perfect, but there are some things that should come naturally to you when writing.

Not really demoted; my misunderstanding. But I'm still not really happy. Hopefully things will get better.

alyce1

I've been working for Lowes for over 3 years. Never got the full time they promised me in the beginning, so I went back to school.

Had to give everything but my blood type to have my availability changed even though there are others here who have theirs done on a regular basis. Finished, took another class, and have been looking for a job, going on interviews, etc. on my time. Also, my spouse and I have multiple doctors and I schedule our appointments on my time.

Now, my mgr. is trying to strongarm me into changing my availability back to what it was before. Can he do that?

Might I add, instead of increasing our hours, he continually hires new people! And cuts our hours even more!

I worked for lowe's for no more than six months. In a six month span I managed to report more than half a dozen individual occassions to HR about sexual harrassment in the workforce.

I was approached by several coworkers and asked bluntly if I was a *** and I was even referred to by a zone manager as a "she-male" to my roommate (at the time known only to management as a coworker), my hours were cut shortly after and I was moved to elictrical, a department I loathed being an advocate of nature and natural growth. I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect and disregard. It was only for my own entegrity that I didn't persue a lawsuit. Every inch of my moral fiber wanted to proceed as my attorney advised me to but I couldn't persue the ideal that had become America's "sue-happy" image.

I am proud of the country we live in, I believe in it's people and stand behind them 100%. I believe when tyrany knocks, heroes will answer... and that's what we are made of. I refuse to believe we are all money hungry mongrels baiting the next free ride that comes along as we are too lazy to work our ways to redemption.

I worked with incredible individuals that encouraged me to persue a lawsuit and despite lack of documented evidence I had plenty of eye witness testimony. I plead with you all - don't turn this country into the sue-happy nation we appear to be! Harbor your negativity for awful companies with words. Reach others and prevent their growth and make them see their flaws within their downward spiral to failure.

When we band together against immorality we send a stronger message than a single multi million dollar lawsuit for some lazy *** who refuses to earn his keep in this world and who would rather live off the wealthy. Please don't support this company until it changes it's ways, support it's advisary!!!

Show them they were wrong, show them we "the people" will chose, we always have and always will - not the wealthy..... Reggie

I have worked for Lowes for over a year now. I took the jobs to pass the time while I was in school and to pay a few bills.

Lowes is a job, with a corporate board that is no longer in touch with its associates. Failed policy after failed policy work their way down the ladder to demoralize and stress their associates to the max. I work with a great bunch of people, however management is forced to instruct managers and specialist to perform the more than can be accomplished in a 39 hour work week. As a Dept manager I am required to schedule(Kronos is terrible, and time consuming), Keep counts of over 2000 products in my dept, 10 to 20 reports weekly, keep sells up(which should be my primary focus), keep up with training, handle customer complaints, keep my dept fronted and faced, clean, audit my specialists' sales as well as my own, keep up with 3 communication binders, and I sacrifice much of my family life due to their rotation.

As for the pay its not bad considering the economy, and the fact i work in appliances(spiffs). Probably in the 40 to 50k range.

Benefits are great and affordable. With all this said I will be leaving Lowes at a point when I find a position in my chosen degree of study to pursue a career.

OK ,i was approached by Lowes who really wanted me to come to work for them .I was an Officer in the US Navy ,got out and worked for *** Edison , Motorola , Grumman Aerospace ,and Caterpillar.

assure

Lowes Corporate told me they were looking for highly qualified people to advance their tech side, and train others to do what i have a Masters in doing and no complaints from previous employers . So i went there thinking this worth a look see . Now i am here t tell you guys ,and you at Lowe's who i know read this stuff . Being what i am ,does not mean i am anything that resembles you. You allow your managers to yell , threaten , belittle and hurt your employees directly in front of your customers and others .

You run on the old kiss *** system of merit. And that *** four day training BS, with the screwed up computers with a battery of test that contradict themselves, and you can never get a question right? Just showed me you are one sadistic bunch of SOBs.

I told you how screwed up that testing was, so you told me i didn't have to take it. YOUR missing the point *** hats ! Earlier i saw a racist HR lady relentlessly make am 18 year old Hispanic girl cry because she walked outside with your *** vest on ? Is that so important to you that your doing that ?

Your P$L guy showing off to a Tech guy me, showed me how he was using your security cameras to look in peoples windows in the surrounding homes .Yet some guys were stealing a 1000 ft roll of copper wire, that i caught them rolling out the back door and you send this event to this P&L *** after i called the cops ?

And the store manager acted like it was no big deal ,in fact got angery at me for reporting it ? Telling other managers to watch out for me because i may rat them out. I tell you what ,i was issued a HARK card from Sandia and Los Alamos Labs while working for Motorola. And i am contacting a man i met while there who is high up in the FBI .

Your paranoia of cell phones with cameras being on your location now is very clear .And brother do i have plenty to show and hear .You do not treat people like this , and the Company's i have worked for never dreamed of doing what you do as some twisted policy. To those poor people who are working for you ,your policy of reporting to a manager. Is like reporting to Clyde Barrow that Al Capone is stealing money.

Just got demoted today; I think the writing is on the wall. Lowe's sucks. They're trying to get rid of me, I just know it.

0175

We just recieved a memo about posting things online such as you tube and twitter and the like. they can kiss my ***.

freedom baby freedom. this is what there worried about instead of the slave treatment that they dole out everyday to there employees who are pounding the cement making there 15 billion profit possible. *** you lowes. each employee should unionize or start stealing.

there return policy promotes it. rock on red vests

northy76

I worked at Lowes for about 3 months and I'll never get those 3 months back. I liked the store manager and HR, well most of the higher ups actually but there was way too much high school *** in that place.

Everyone was screwing everyone, drugs ran rampant...real sh$& show.

As soon as something else popped up I bounced! It really is what you make of it, I had a horrible impression so I left for greener pastures!

#200058

All I can say is there are labor laws in this "county" of ours and breaks and lunch are a part of them. If you do not take your break you should be payed accordingly. Mr.Lowes if you like working for free be my geust...........

@ been there....i guess i'm lucky to work at a lowes where the store mgr cares about his employees. Our store has finished in the top 5 in the region for the past 5 years, which you know, if you have "been there', means cash in the pocket of every employee in the store..plus a drawing for a new car.

also they now have quarterly incentives for every employee and we have cashed in every quarter. I guess i come from the old school....you get from your job what you put into it.I've seen *** like you and mama chico come and go...mostly go. Whiners.

Lowes has an open door policy for complaints. Try using it.

Welcome to the Blowes, I mean Lowes world. The only thing Lowes cares about is getting money out of the customers pocket.

Employees are nothing but "sheep to the slaughter". You hung in there for 7 months. That shows strong character. Unlike those who quit after their first break.

And for the one who took 5 breaks in 6 years (providing they had 5 fingers), you are a fool. Those breaks are given for a reason. It is for rest and to relieve stress. Apparently you need neither.

Just how brown is your nose? You are apparently one of the pets of the store, a store ***.

HANDY GIRL

:grin

LOWES SUX TO WORK AT!

Okay lows hardware, you need to get over yourself there. You also display an attitude as well.

I'm sure Chicos Mama did not come up on this site writing this review with the intention of perfect grammar or spelling either. Majority of the states do have employee work place right laws. Which do specify break requirements. 6 or more hours usually requires a 30 minute break or 1 hour break.

In addition to your regular break there IS to be a 15 minute break in between some where.

So what if you take them or not. This person clearly was being treated bad. This person was not honored their regular break or 15 minutes.

So what because you claim you did not take your breaks because you did not have to that means you're better than everyone or a super hero? I have had terrible working experiences myself in Lowes and other jobs. It's not the attitude in the person being treated badly all the time. It's also who is managing or directing.

It's a competitive world out there and people are eager to take out those not desired because they feel intimidated or want to find success. So, lowes hardware my friend you lucked out at your location. Chicos did not as well as myself. That does not mean to dump on Chicos because your experience is good.

I have stories of awful work experiences (not only from lowes), but my point is just about every work place you will find disrespect from someone anywhere. As my Dad always says there is always a doosh bag everywhere. You just have to learn when to stand up for yourself and when to brush it off to get by. Chicos did stand up for their self.

They gave it 7 months when most individuals feel are treated bad quit sooner than that. I hope Chicos can find a better working environment.

And Lowes Hardware or anyone reading this, I suggest you to google search the term WORK PLACE BULLYING. It's a real term now that is in the works to be incorporated into the employee right's laws.

Loes harware nope someone like you whos a hater dont bother me at all. Once again your worong i had a good attitude their never got a write up so you cant say that.

Why do you care so much who care if i didnt like working their its not like you own lowes dont take *** so personal. The spelling thing your not a teacher you work at a *** store thats it so please if you were actually a teacher then you could say something but your not.

Touched a nerve there huh? I'm very happy working for lowes.

I don't need to take 15 minute BREAKS.I'm guessing your attitude is the reason you had problems.

You could have gone to the district hr manager and filed a complaint.Nice language by the way. And please..please..if your grown..learn the differance between BRAKES and BREAKS!

@lowes hardware

If you really like Lowes you have a few brain cells missing.

@happy ex employee

Lowes is a job in retail. That means, by definition, you have to put up with a lot of ***, but yes all in all, Lowes is a great

company to work for. There will always be whiners that can't handle retail.

lowes hardware you the *** *** for not taking brakes and yes that the great part of living in ca if your job treats you like *** you sue them and win. Sorry mr i am 21 im grown.

No i didnt cry if you actually read something i said i told him no im leaving. I dont cry over fat supervisors yelling at me so maybe you should grow up and not speak if you dont know what your talking about. Its your bad you work for a *** store.

Yes it took me 7 months becasue IM NOT A *** PERSON AND QUIT A JOB WITHOUT FINDING A NEW ONE. So dont even write anything you dont live in california so you dont know anything about the laws.

I should have said I can count the BREAKS on one hand because that is my choice not to take them. I laugh at the younger workers who watch the clock waiting for their BREAK.

I don't know california law but I would like to sit in on a trial because a supervisor talked bad to you.Did you cry?

Grow up and move on and learn to spell. It's BREAKS not BRAKES..or is that a california law too?

No your wrong in california there a law which you work a 8 hr shift you get 2 BRAKES and a lunch. As for being 21 a supervisor can not talk to you like thats or you can sue the store in california.

So it took you 7 months to find out you hated the job? And I've seen lots of people under 21 drink. I've been with lowes 6 years and i can count the 15 minute breaks i've taken on one hand.The problem you have is you wanted "brakes" which is something you put on your car.Try taking a "break" next time.

@lowes hardware

If you want to skip your breaks and suck up to management that is up to you.But federal law is two breaks and a lunch in an 8 hour shift.

@happy ex employee

Not a federal law. Some states require it.

Not the U.S. government.

View more comments (65)
Review
#195539 Review #195539 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111