State: California Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (16 of 297 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

I will never buy from Lowes again

I bought a Bar-B-Q grill. I was promised a delivery of 8/29. The delivery guys delivered it and from here my ordeal started. I called up Lowes and they promised a replacement to be delivered on 9/1. On 9/1 I called Lowes to check on the delivery time as I had not heard from them. The manager at West Hills, CA store from where I brought the grill told me it will be delivered between 5:30 and 7:30. I stepped out and at around 12:20 PM i receive a call they are there to deliver the grill. I was almost an hour away from home and told them to reschedule as I was given a different time. I was told they will deliver on 9/2 between 9:30 and 11:30 AM. I stayed at home and when they did not arrive at 11:30 I called the store, I was on hold for almost 40 minutes and during this time I was disconnected at-least 4-5 times. Finally I was able to get hold of the manager and he told me they do not control the delivery as it is outsourced and we will get a call from the delivery company. Finally, in the evening I went to the store and they put the notes in the system for a delivery on 9/3. I have still not received the grill and I have been on the call with them for 30 minutes. This is one of the worst experiences and I do not plan to buy from Lowes again.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Worst customer service

Refrigerator disaster at Lowes Home Improvement Center

3.1

Update by user May 14, 2017

Hubby just returned from Lowes and Conrad the manager that walked away was waiting for him at the door. Jerry came home with 2 new shelves and the water filter.....Hopefully the 5 day ordeal is done.

Update by user May 14, 2017

Well as expected GJ Transport Solutions a independent delivery service arrived early but we were ready. They had the old one out of the house and new one installed in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks Jesus. But as soon as we started looking the water filter was missing and one of the door units was broken...OH MY GOD...so off to Lowes again to talk to Dwayne one of the managers/sales person to get these new issues resolved.

Update by user May 14, 2017

Husband went back to the Lowes store later in the day and the delivery service told them we refused the unit because it was "used". When in fact they told us the unit was damaged.

The ground plug prong had been cut off by someone. That is why it was not installed. The store did not have the refrigerator we had purchased and could not find another in the area. They kept trying to up sale another which would cost us additional $500 plus.

We finally settle on the same style French door but the color would not be the black we wanted. Something about a dark chrome, never heard of that. Hope it works. Not going to pay one more penny at this point.

Well today is Mothers day and all plans have been cancelled due to a call saying delivery will be today between 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM.

We will have everything ready for them by 11:00 AM because we were told if it wasn't ready even if they arrive early they will not wait the 20 minutes for us to get things ready and just leave saying they will be back later maybe. Will let you know what happens.

Original review posted by user May 13, 2017

Well what a ordeal dealing with Lowes in Pittsburg. Bought a refrigerator on Weds. We needed it right away and to bring it home when we purchased it since ours had quit working completely (compressor) Got a great deal. But that was when all the good vibes stopped. The guys that loaded it slide the back of the frig. into the back of the truck and ripped a water line on the back but we didn't discover it till we got it home and got the water hooked up and water went every where. Called Lowes and got a huge run around about how we had purchased an open box frig and that it was sold as is....really???? But your loaders are the ones that damaged it in the first place and the appliance didn't say AS IS and no one mentioned AS IS. The manager James we were talking to they don't have to inform us of that it's on the receipt. So I grab the receipt and guess what "there was no where on the receipt that said AS IS. Then he changed his tune. He said he'd go check and see if they had another frig like it and would have it delivered the next day. Called back they did and when the delivery company arrived they told us that the power cord was damaged and they would have to return it. I thought that was strange because the manager we spoke with said he had personal inspected the frig. and had tucked the power cord up in the unit. LAIR!!!!!! Lowes tried to reach the delivery company so they could return cause they were sure there was nothing wrong with the power cord. 4 hrs later they said they had not been able to contact them, so they would talk to them at 7:00am when they came to get today's deliveries. So Jerry goes down to Lowes this morning at 6:30am so he can be there when the frig. arrives and find out what happened. What is the next step will be. After several conversations with numerous rude Managers. Eugene, James and another one with no name tag. The truck at that point was over 3 hrs late. They were high pressuring Jerry to except another frig. of a different manufacturer that did not fit what we needed. Tried to sell him another refrig. at additional cost to us. One for those *** managers actually walked away when Jerry asked for a game plan if the refrig. on the truck was actually damaged (which at 10:00 was determined that the power cord had been cut and couldn't be delivered ) the manager just turned and walked away without answering him. By this time it was best for Jerry to leave or someone might get hurt, he was beyond pissed. So here we sit. Saturday morning with a defective frig. and hoping this will get resolved tomorrow because they said even if they could find a replacement frig. it could not be delivered till tomorrow. Don't want to impact delivery's scheduled for today . So.....will see what happens tomorrow. Have to cancel all plans we had for Mother's Day so we can be here for delivery since they will only give a 4 hr window for when they might get here. to be continued........
h.kitchener

Why the intense need to buy a fridge from Lowe's after all the trouble they gave you? You should have just cancelled the purchase and gone elsewhere. That Lowe's location obviously doesn't care much about customer service.

Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Managere danny and dwane
Cons
  • Conrad
  • James
  • Loading staff
Preferred solution
train thier managers and staff to handle and resolve issues in timely manner
Tags
  • Loews customer service

Lowes Manager Review

My assistant manger jeff is sleeping with my head cashier marisa . she has told me they are cheating the system . im not sure what to do i feel uncomfortable knowing all this not only that they are stealing but im sure there is some rule about mangers dating employees .
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Adelanto, California - Unfair business practices; misleading advertising

Lowes - Unfair business practices; misleading advertising
I browsed the holiday liquidation display today and the display shows a big sign 75% off. In the display were glass craft blocks which are $10.98 each. I decided to purchase four for my wife. At the customer service counter they informed me they were not on sale. I spoke with Zwey, the manager, who insisted there was nothing wrong with the display that I have to read the fine print. The discount print was about 2-3" block letters. I never did see any fine print. These items should never have been on display comingled with holiday items if not included with a 75% discount. It totally misinforms and misleads the buyer. The attitudes of both customer service clerk and manager have much training also. Just a simple purchase like this will cause me not to shop there ever again.

It doesn't matter much, because from what I know of their corporate environment paired your "review" , I can say you're not the kind of customer they want: bargain scraper, complainer, social media stalker, returns 70% of merchandise for for a refund.......etc,etc,etc

Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Corona, California - Careless employee rolled eyes and shrugged shoulders

Just wanted my merch. card transfered to another card due to inability to check balance online. Lady told me merch cards are like that. She was wrong and didnt want to hear what i had to say, nor did the manager. worst service i have ever experienced in my life. never shopping there again and will tell everyone i know my story. Just wanted my merch. card transfered to another card due to inability to check balance online. Lady told me merch cards are like that. She was wrong and didnt want to hear what i had to say, nor did the manager. worst service i have ever experienced in my life. never shopping there again and will tell everyone i know my story.

If you have so much money on a merch card that you can't keep track of it, it probably means you've returned a ridiculous amount of stuff without a receipt, which means you've already been treated better than you deserved. Be a responsible adult and save your receipts, loser.

The balance of a merch card can be checked at any register in the store, you *** ***

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Would rate zero stars if i could
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Customer service was unbeleivably
Tags
  • terrible service from manufacturer

Lowes in Brawley, California - Purchased a Hitachi drill/impact drill combo

Lowes - Purchased a Hitachi drill/impact drill combo
there was a special going on through the Lowe's website for a hitachi drill combo kit that was priced at $159 for $55.95. I checked in my area so see if there was any available and to my surprise it was in stock. I purchased the combo, I received the confirmation number, and the purchased was charged to my debit card. A few minutes later I get a call from my local Lowe's. I was on the phone with the store manager and she was explaining to me that the item was in stock but it was missing the battery and charger. I asked he if she could order the missing parts and I would pick them up some other time. She refused and told me that it was not possible. I told her I was on my way to the store. After arriving I get greeted with a very sarcastic manager. after showing her all my paper work and explaining to her that the purchase has gone through on my debit card she goes on to tell me that the order has been cancelled and that all she could to is give me a 10% discount on another combo kit which was priced at $179. I ask to talk to cor prate, and after talking to the "Carlos" the corporate suit he goes on to tell me that there is nothing he can do and that the final decision is with the general manager. In the end I ended up getting charged and with no product.

Never order online and pick up at the store. I did last year and not only did they not have it in stock at the store like the website said it did, I was charged for the item and never got my money back even after complaining.

Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Manager Review from San Francisco, California

3.6
Was at store in florida on panama city beach Had worse exsperience was in plumbing department had store employee helping find parts need fix my tub When guy helping me had manger walk up start yelling At him for being in wrong side store. When manger notice me. He just walk of. . So aš was leaving see that same manager think name dewane or wayne can't remember . But told him how was unprefesional what happens . He just seem he did not care what i was saying. I will not shop there again. Homedepo be my new store shop

Store going done hill fast

*** Avoid Sunnyvale Lowes ***

This Lowes location should be awarded best in class *** for worst attitude and highly Incompetent Manager Ordered a couple of internal doors 2 weeks back, paid in full. 2 weeks later receive a phone call saying, the order isn't placed, because of internal error. Please come over to store to re-order, our system should hopefully be working this time to take orders! The store manager "ALEX" has a really bad attitude towards me, for asking why the delivery has not done. And my money hasn't been refunded either so far... I am going to consumer court for justice... Personal Note: I felt this attitude towards me is be because of my skin color.
#920515

always have to throw the racism card in. pathetic!!!!!!

They found an error and contacted you. They could have said nothing and played dumb when you finally called and asked where your order is.

Errors happen and when they try to be up front and fix one you act like a ***. Don't expect the court to do anything for you. They tried to make things right and you are acting like an ***.

The court won't reward you for that. Your color had nothing to do with the store managers response, it's your acting like a donkey that didn't go over well.

#919787
@Anonymous

No white lies please, you fixed nothing... I have sufficient proof and knowhow to deal my situation with the justice dept - don't worry. You should focus more on your leftover customers than *** customers and monitoring pissed-consumer mailing lists :)

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Lack of response
  • Attitude or customer service
  • Poor customer service
Problem with delivery
Full refund

Lowes - Manager Review from Riverside, California

I have worked for lowes for over 10 years 5 of which are as a salaried manager. The only reason I stay is for health insurance. The company is so big that Niblock doesn't know or care how people are treated in the store. My store manager makes me work well past the 48 hour work week. Calls me on my days off all of the time, retaliates against me if I take vacation day's, example I took one vacation day to have three days off he changed my opening shift to a closing one and told me that I need to stay 3 hours past that. Now on Christmas Eve he said I have to stay til 8 pm. He constantly takes your only weekend away from you, yet he ALWAYS gets his weekends off and never stays late. I'm mentally exhausted. I've been at this store 5 months and have brought in significant new pro business ( good family reputation going back to 1940's in this county) so people/ contractors trust my name. 5 months ago pro was -6% now I'm +2.5%. Yet I'm treated like a second class citizen. It's a "boys" club. Yet I'm a woman bringing in the dough. My other compliant is my peers the sit in the ASM office, and treat employees badly. Denying their vacation because they don't like them, and our HR Manager, she comes in late leaves early and makes faces behind associates.

Welcome to big box retail. A big part of your problem is taking a salaried position.

It doesn't cost them any more payroll to tack on hours to your 48. It helps their bottom line rather than paying a part time or full time employee to work more.

You will find your boy's club is not so much of a boy's club as a who's been around taking abuse the longest and is now treating their employees the way they were treated. You're the new kid on the block if you've only been there 5 months.

@Anonymous

5 years as Asm almost 6 but 12 with the company. No new kid here.

@Zen68

If I am to believe your post it says you have been at the store for 5 months. You may have work for Lowes for 12 years but at this store you are the new kid on the block and have to prove yourself all over again.

@Anonymous

I get having to prove my self but that doesn't excuse these peoples behavior. Or treating people the way they do.

I would love to see undercover boss come in. It would make Niblock sick.

My last store I was in for 4 years and was treated similar.

Proving yourself doesn't mean people get to treat you like ***, it means you give results and do your job.

View more comments (3)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes Manager Review

Sorry service wife an I went to get blinds the help said blind cutter was out come to find they are to dam lazy to cut them . Manager needs to fire some *** I'll never step in jonesboro lowes again .