State: California Product: Lowes Warranty Clear all filters (9 of 114 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Vista, California - Poor Warranty Service LG Range does not work

1.7
We strongly do not recommend buying the LG gas oven/range model LSG4513ST due to quality issues. We also strongly do not recommend buying the LG gas oven/range from Lowes due to poor repair service, and the lack of good faith to honor the purchased extended warranty. We purchased a LG oven/range, LG refrigerator, and Bosch dishwasher from Lowes for our kitchen remodel, including a Lowes 5 year extended warranty. Our LG oven/range was installed April 2017, and we immediately observed that the control panel would signal the oven had achieved programmed temperature, but bake or broil items were undercooked. We observed the control panel would signal the temperature had been reached in about 5-10 minutes, but the oven interior took about 45 minutes to reach temperature The LG service technician in October 2017 stated that the oven/range function was normal. In October 2018, the oven/range began turning itself off after being programmed for bake or broil. Lowes service has made five service calls during November and December 2018, without fixing the problem. Lowes notified us that our extended warranty was invalid after four service calls. The extended warranty was confirmed valid after we threatened legal action. On January 28 2019, Lowes Service phoned and indicated the oven was to be replaced. On Feb 1 2019, Lowes Service reversed their position and decided to schedule a repair appointment for Feb 7. We have not had a functioning oven for four months.
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Handling of service and warranty issues
Replace defective range
Tags
  • Extended Warranty Service

Lowes - Warranty Review from Redwood City, California

Purchase Larson door from Lowe's & had them install it. Within 1 year door had alignment problems & same installer came out. 8 months later door had problems & I called Lowe's for a recommendation on an installer. They kept telling me it was out of warranty & could give me the number for Larson. Extremely poor customer service was provided. I informed them I called them because they said if the door had problems to call and I was willing to pay for repair.

Lowes in Beverly Hills, California - Dishwasher extended warranty

Just worthless, lowes cant even schedule a service call right so the vendors never show up to repair. Scheduled a repair and told Lowes to schedule me for the last appointment of the day but when I call the vendor to verify they said Lowes scheduled me for first thing in the morning. Dishwasher has broke 5 times in 18 months and qualifies for their warranty buy back but al I get is "I am Sorry" and no answers. I asked for a shipping address so I can send them the broken dishwasher since I cant use it and they hung up on me. If you need to get some sort of answer use Facebook and public shame them on Social Media, had a call from a supervisor within the hour and got some answers but still not all to every question I had. NEVER AGIAIN go buy from Home Depot.
Poor customer service
Resolved Featured

Resolved: Lowes in Sunnyvale, California - Misleading Information For Warranty

Lowes - Misleading Information For Warranty

Update by user Apr 30, 2015

It took several weeks, but lowes executive management worked out a compromise with me which was not perfect, but the best of a bad situation; the manufacturer of the water heater ( Whirlpool) was not interested in accommodating the customer at all, so Lowes stepped up to the plate and we had a deal.

Update by user Apr 08, 2015

After a long phone conversation with the executive offices, and a potential resolution of total replacement at no cost to me, I was contacted by the local Lowe's Sunnyvale Ca., store manager to tell me that the proposed solution by the executive office was NOT going to happen. I was very surprised to say the least.

The local manager called Whirlpool to see if they would extend the 6 yr hot water heater service contract to a 12 year; but they, of course, said no. So, I was told that the ONLY solution was a partial refund to compensate me for the error on Lowe's part. I would be STUCK with 100% of any cost after 6 years. Not what I wanted to hear, since my original request was to purchase two hot water heaters that have at least a 10 parts/labor support by the manufacture or with the additional purchase of extended warranty.

My decision was made for me by a no win option from Lowe's; take the money or nothing. So I took the money, and still now have a product that I do not want, and a personal liability for all expenses after the 6 yr of service.

Go Figure, IS THAT FAIR ? Only if I do not need service from year 6 and beyond.

Original review posted by user Apr 02, 2015

I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters (6 yr coverage from Mfg) and the 5 year "extended warranty" from Lowes. Was I surprised to learn that the Lowes service coverage is ONLY for the 5 years ( after the first year from Mfg) for labor only; I was under the impression from the BIG letters on the front pages of the web site that it was a 5 year extension after the Mfg service was over ... or a total of 11 years. NOT TRUE according to customer service. When I originally talked to a sale person I was told that the 5 year warranty was in addition to the Mfg warranty. When calling customer service, and explaining the situation, their answer was to return the water heater for a refund. But the labor was at my expense. This certainly is not very practical; after installation, the cost of return is out of line with the value involved. The customer service department is only lip service and is not really there to "assist" the customer .... they just take the complaint and "file" it under your phone number. AND worst, then they say " is there anything else I can do for you today?" THAT IS AN INSULT TO ONE'S INTELLIGENCE. If corporate is reading this, maybe there will be a correction ..... stay posted.
Preferred solution
I want now, as originally requested from Lowes salesman, two water heaters with ten year warranty(s)

Lowes in San Diego, California - Stainless Steel water leak damage

We purchased a $3000 refrigerator with a valve leak wich caused a stain of in the door, we called for it to be repaired and it took a month to respond, we were told that they change the door but they came to only repair the valve now they stain on the door is cosmetic and they refuse to change the door. We were told we can not talk to the CEO because he does not take phone calls. Now we are stuck with a refrigerator that we just purchased a year ago with a warranty that is good for nothing. We will never buy from lowes again!

Can you please tell me what company is going to let you talk to the CEO?!? You must be a ***!

Also, Lowe's does not have their own repair service. So if you have a problem why don't you write a review on the contracted services' page, rather than Lowe's.

Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Gave us the run around
  • Unwilling to help
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
I want my door to be repaired or my money back!
Tags
  • Water Valve Stain

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Lowe's doesn't care about customers

I have had several negative experiences with Lowe's within the last year. 1) the interest rate charges by GEMB is outrageous. When I contacted GEMB to see about lowering the interest rate they were absolutely uncooperative, so I closed this account. Lowe's should not use GEMB (nor should any other retailer). Their interest rates are unreasonable and not in keeping with the rest of the economy. I realize it is GEMB charging the rate, but Lowe's should not turn over the credit aspect of their business to such a notoriously horrific credit processing company! 2) Lowe's does not stand behind their products. I bought a clothes dryer that broke within the first three months and wanted it replaced, but instead my only recourse was to have it (poorly) repaired. It has since broken twice more, outside warranty. Forget Lowe's - my son has been able to fix it both times, at no charge and without lame excuses, waiting on hold and being disconnected. 3) rude employees. I just had a very negative experience with an employee who was supposedly in 'customer service' that I came up against when trying to return a product that failed to work. I eventually got a refund, but that was after much huffing and puffing, overly dramatic keying in of my credit card number, sighing and slamming of cash drawer after retrieving my $8.14 cash refund. Who needs this place?

I find it amusing that you want to return a 3 month old appliance like it is a tshirt that didnt fit. How would your car dealer handle this?

Yeah bring it back and we will give you a new car.

No they warrant it. I agree that the cashier was rude with you slamming drawers and huffing and puffing must have ruined her day.

Lowes extended warranty

Poor Service. I am now 2 months into getting my Washing Machine Fixed. I have the extended warranty and it has been an absolute waste of time. 1) Filled out Extended Warranty on line, no response. 2) Go into store, they put me in touch with person online (Good) set up a new time( 2 days to wait, Good), but I am not contacted by that said company until they are @ my door step, but I find out Lowes had my number wrong. 3) Seems I pissed that said company off for not having some one home. 4) Reschedule, give info on error message, brand of washing machine (Samsung) and serial number 5) Service guy comes to house and confesses that he knows nothing about Samsung, but will have to research machine after confirming error 6) unfortunately can get the machine to get error, yet I told him it needs to take a little while and will show it self. 7) Service guy leaves, machines get error and need to start again 8) Call Lowes get another service guy out, beg with Lowes to send a company on list that is has been certified by Samsung (Can be done on Samsung's site in 1 minute) 9) They send out a new company that has know idea how to service See note 6) This time error occurs, service guy unplugs machine, plugs machine back in and it goes away, says fixed, yet we plead with him we already did this to no avail. 10) Goes away, 5 minutes after we get error. 11) call back and he needs to order part 12 ) we are know waiting for part from Lowes to be delivered. .............. My opinion is that extended warranties are a rip off and only add to the pockets of those at the top. It would be better to hold that money in a trust until the product breaks. That way to can get a reputable company out to fix your product instead of the contract person that works out of their house.

just bought a lawnmower, and to make a long story short, lows took about 3 months to replace it. in the meantime, i had to pay to get my lawn cut.

@Robby

Retail contracts have NEVER included loss of service clauses. Plus, these contracts have NEVER had guarantees of service efficiency or time frames.

Just not worth the stress.

Especially if you knew of the actual reasons for the delay. Retail consumer contracts are NEVER consumer friendly.

Gary-- Paso Robles, Calif.

Bought a lawn mower-Troybuilt-$362 with Lowes protection Plan

on 5-7-13. On October 8, 2013 it quit running while cutting

the grass. Could not turn over engine. They now say warranty is

no good. I must pay $140.00 to fix it. My advise, never buy

anything from Lowes and expect to have it covered by the warranty.

Better yet don't buy anything from Lowes.

@Gary

Troybuilt comes with a 2-year warranty. You purchased an additional year or two only. ("3" or "4") year plan. Why? The plan does NOT take liability under mfr warranty. The terms and conditions tell it all, if not deceptively and in mouse print. IF any reason for failure in any year is deemed to be "user error," you're SOL. This includes anything related to gas, charging, oil, etc. Plan also excludes all other maintenance items such as belts, oil issues, blades, filter, etc. Buyer beware is the rule, and the law.

Plus, the mfrs "dealers" are usually not part the "extended" network.

BTW, Mowers motors last 10 years with proper maintenance.

All I need is an agitator, never heard of one breaking, but this one did..Two and a half weeks to get someone out to look at the problem and tell me what it is. Won't send me one, have to have a "specialist" tell me it's broke.What a joke..last extended warranty i'll ever buy. Guess now that i've made everyone mad, including the guy who couldn't speak english, i'll probably never get it fixed!

I too am a Lowes customer, who purchased a Samsung washer and dryer April 2010. Dryer went out a week ago.

Immediately contacted Lowes Extended Warranty Service, waited for a week for a service person to come out and do a diagnostic check of my dryer that was blowing cold air. I knew that the part needed would be a heating element, but he didn't have the part and said he would have to order it. Meanwhile, I still have clothes that I cannot wash - family of five with two young children. Contacted Warranty Customer Service again to file a complaint and also got someone who did'nt care whether my dryer was ever fixed or if I even had one.

Also lost a whole day due to this matter.

Don't think that I will ever purchase another extended warranty and maybe not even major appliances from Lowes. :(

Purchasing lowes extended warranty was a waste of money! I will never again purchase anything from these *** We purchased a fridge a few years back and got the extended warranty (HUGE mistake) about a year ago we started having problems with the freezer so we called lowes and they had a company (mr appliance) come to fix it....

They "fixed" it but nothing changed, our freezer still didn't work. We called lowes again and it took them forever to get the appliance company to come out again. Long story short, the appliance company came out several times for almost a year but never managed to resolve the issue. Well in the middle of lowes not doing anything about it my warranty expired and now they've left me hanging.

They had another company come out to look at it and when the company called them with an 800 estimate, lowes advised them to leave because my warranty was expired!!! No ***! They knew it was expired before they sent them out! That was the whole point of them hiring a different company...

Because mr appliance couldn't fix it. DONT SHOP AT LOWES

All I can say to this is every customer I haved sold appliances to have given me outstanding reports on the extended warrenties.

All I can say is I am on my 10th repair service for my washer and dryer with Lowe's. 3 times I have taken off work and they have no show no called.

Ordering the wrong part seems to be their specialty.

I will never again as much as buy a pack of gum for Lowe's. Unbelievable!!!!!!

We bought a whirpool dishwasher from you inn 4/2010. We purchased the extended warranty; it started rusting on the front in 12/2011.

I called and was scheduled with All Valley appliance, they called to confirm my appointment and had a different time that I was given by lowes, they were rude and could not give me a time that worked with me. I called lowes back and was given a time with Active appliance, they did the same thing. They were so rude. I googled both companies and they had some really bad reviews.

I called back and was given an appointment with General Appliance. They again called me and gave me a different time. I rearranged my schedule to fit the appointment, the night before they left a message at 5:30 changing my time, they didn’t ask if it was okay, just that they were coming in the afternoon instead of the morning. I tried calling back put was hung up on several times.

I left a message with the company and no one called me back in the morning, I called was told it was an emergency and so I again rearranged my schedule to accommodate them. The guy showed up took a quick look and took a picture; he was at my house a total of 2 minutes. I tried talking to him but I could hardly understand a word he was saying. He threw a paper at me with the company number and told me to call them.

I called and was told it had to be authorized. This was on 2/3, I called on 2/15 and was told it was not covered. I asked why didn’t call me and was told it was not there responsibly to call me. They were so rude!

I am so frustrated everyone I have talked to has been so rude and acted like they were doing me a huge favor by coming to my house.

I called Lowes and was told it was not covered. I have looked at all my paper work and it does not say that this is not cover. I was told when we bought it that it coved everything!

The tech never even opened the dishwasher to see why it’s rusting.

They are sending a second tech out to look at it. We are getting ready to replace out fridge and oven and we will not be buying whirpool and we will not be shopping at Lowes!

#392069

Our washer failed in mid November and the Lowes vendor, Universal TV Techs has not been able to fix it in two tries. We are now scheduled for a third attempt next week. The washer will have been broken for 6 weeks at that time.

Lowes extended service department doesn't care and their vendor is rude and has no concern.

I purchased a Sumsung front loading Dryer from Lowes 2 yrs ago. I have the 4 yr extended warranty. The dryer suddenly stopped heating.

Monday: I called the warranty number, they said no one is in our area to service the dryer, said they will call back next day.

Tuesday: They called me, said they can send someone next Monday! A whole week??? I told them that is unacceptable. So I called the Lowes store where I bought the dryer. They agree that I should have service in 2-3 days at most. They tell me there is another service center in my area. I call the warranty number again, tell the what my Lowes store said. They say they will investigate this other service and call me back next day.

Wednesday: Warranty calls me back, they can't use the service that Lowes suggested, I will have to wait til Monday.

I would NEVER buy another warranty from Lowes, Never!

I have had numerous problems with Lowes stores where I bought an item and each time I have had to go online and file complaints with the corporate office in order to get anything done. I highly recommend that if the store does not listen to you, go online and write your complaint at their corporate office,they will contact the store and get the problem resolved for you.

Honest4Sure

@Anonymous & @ D.C. - Extended warranty plan administrator makes agreements with repair services who accept their fees, not necessarily the best, the qualified or the fastest. You're better off saving the money and going through the mfr yourself if you ever have an issue.

What a terrible customer service problem! I have a Samsung refrigerator less than two years old.

It developed a sudden water leak from inside th cabinet, flooding the kitchen. I called the extended warranty number and was told that no service available for a week. I objected to the long time with a non-functioning refrigerator. Mwas told that they would look for another repair service and call back.

Called next day ad gave appointment for following day. I called service vendor and was told that no appointment existed and that soonest would be a week or more.

extended warranty company is terrible. Lowes customer care hasn't offered any other solutions.

Not ideal, but Lowes does recognize that when they sell products that fail the customer expects some recourse to be available to them from the store that sold them the product. The cost of an extended warranty doubles the warranty time and the product can be replace at the local store no questions asked.

Certainly better than Home Depot. Home Depot current store policy is any customer who has a problem and that product is covered by a warranty they are directed to that vendor. The local store will do nothing and cannot do nothing. This has resulted in a flood of HD customers complaints being posted on the web - what else can they do?

Recently HD response to the flood of bad publicity has resulted in a "SocialTeam". Customer Service surfs the web and posting the message "I would like to look into this for you as soon as possible. If you could email me @homedepot.com, with your contact and information, I can assist. Thank you in advance - Social Media Resolution Expediter, Home Depot ." When you do contact them them, they give you the email address of the vendor.

Which is exactly what the local store did. THAT IS ALL THEY DO. HD what is wrong with you?

I speak from costly hard learned experience at Home Depot. I recommend you just pay Lowe's extended warranty, it is better than what the other store is going to do for you.

Lowes is now selling their own extended warranties because of the bad customer service from their previous warranty company. The reason why the previous company is so bad is because a few years ago they stopping using good service centers and started using the cheapest technicians they could find.

I heard they use the same service center that is owned by Sears so I think it's funny the previous post says that Sears is good and this one is bad when they are the same company. At least Lowes cares enough about their customers to not renew their contract with the bad extended warranty.

Lowes repair service is not good, and not worth paying for. Home Depot is bad too.

In my experience, the only appliance warranty repair service that's any good is Sears - it's far from perfect, but they have a real service organization with trained techs and supplies of parts. If you can get the same deal at Sears, buy from them for the warranty service

Had a bad experience with the extended protection plan with them too. They had someone come out only to have them tell me while something is wrong with the machine they can't tell what - so they can't fix it.

Lowes response was they could send someone else out - but if the same thing happens again I have to pay for the service call.

#205377

We have been very pleased with the Lowe's service on their Extended Protection Plan. We have had two occassions to file claims.

Both were handled quickly, efficiently, and with no hassles. We will continue to buy the Plans when we purchase from Lowe's.

#201743

I am three months into an Electrolux dryer repair with the "so called Extended Warranty co" from Lowes. Spent a fortune on High End Washer and Dryer from them.

8 visits , more than that many parts ordered and installed and finally escalated to the store and the corp Execs. Asked to have the machine replaced and was denied. All of the people at the store are great but they are helpless when it comes to getting results from the Warranty co, its a different company. FYI...Lowes has fired this current Warranty co recently and plans to take it elsewhere,(but has not done so yet) so we are victems of this change over.

Im dumping my year old $1500 dryer back on the door step of the store and buying another one elsewhere.

The 8, four hour windows ive waited over the past three months and the dryer not working have cost me more than that already. Beware if you buy an extended warranty at Lowes.

View more comments (20)
Review
#203050 Review #203050 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Poway, California - Lowe's Refuses to Honor Extended Warranty!

Another "Do Not Use Lowe's Extended Warranty Plan" complaint because Lowe' refuses to honor it. I have been trying to have my Samsung front load washer repaired since last JULY. La Mesa, CA Appliance has been to my house numerous times and cannot repair it. La Mesa Appliance told me more than once to "bolt the washer to the floor", which voids the warranty. I am still in the process of getting this resolved. Lowe's must not pay fair market appliance repair because their vendors (La Mesa Appliance) treat the customers/consumers horribly. I am just beginning my process of the paper trail. I will be contacting the BBB, Lowe's Corp. Office, etc.

I am having the same problem only they are telling me they are not going to honor the contract due to where they conveniently put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the door where it was wet and rubbed by the door.

The only sticker out of several that has any wear at all! I refuse to buy from Lowes again.

I have to agree. Still trying to get a replacement burner for a Fridgaire stove since Nov 2009.

First company said "stove was grease issue and will not resolve". Hah, stove was clean. Grease was on serial tag down below. Second Jan 2010 company say ordering part.

Nothing yet and Lowe's EWP has been less than helpful. :(

I would call the number on the bottom of your receipt. Its a complaint/compliment hotline for lowes that sends you to corporate office. The complaint is taking then sent back to the Lowes store that sold you the appliance, they have a timeline to resolve your issue and send it back to corporate.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Huntington Beach, California - Warranty Service

I recently purchased a pressurized toilet costing 528.65 bucks installed. I was told this was one of the best. After about 6 months, the toilet base cracked and fractured completely around its base making it completely unusable. I took the supposedly one year warranty with pictures of the broken toilet base to Lowes where I purchased this toilet. The service Rep??? said they would have the plumbing contractor call me for a scheduled time for examination of the toilet to determine what was the cause. (To many Hippos on the toilet??etc.) It was finally determined by the experts? that the toilet was defective. This toilet replacement was to be installed the following Monday between 8a and 12p. I was not back at home till around 9:30 A that day. A message on my answering machine was left for me for re-schedule in two days. I called back and said that was not acceptable, and they said that the plumbing contractor was booked up and could not reinstall the toilet for two more days. I asked the contractor(plumbing service) how much time they spent at my door waiting?? Obviously, they went right on to their next job without a "sorry we missed you and will come back later to install". They were not located across town and only 10 min away from my address and had the replacement toilet on their truck!! The main problem with service nowadays is the fact you have to deal with to many specialists?? and you have your phone strapped to you like a papoos! Today we are just a number with large these impersonal corporate stores. Personally, I'm willing to go back to the few mom and pop stores that offer consideration and personal service even if the cost is a little higher.(Surprise, the cost is even less!) sincerely, Eugene F. White, Born when a time of personal service was important to business owners (Not Wharehouse Corporations!)

register appliance warranty

You are a true ***.

So you are mad that they did not wait there for you to get home? Good thing they didn't or they would have waited there all day.

Their service for you seems perfect to me. They tried to fix your problem, but you weren't there when they made the appointment with you.

Oh and by the way...do the mom and pop stores offer a 1 year warranty on their installations...last time I checked they did not. I've had things installed by mom and pop stores in the past and when something went wrong...I was given the "Oh well" response. It seems to me like Lowe's was more than happy to make you happy, but once you showed that you were unable to work with them, and wasted their time and money even more...they wouldn't help you right away.

So you expected someone to wait at your door for an hour when you were given a time frame?

Eh, even most mom and pops will only wait a few minutes before they leave.

What ever happened to the time an age when people kept appointments...

View more comments (3)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111