State: California City: Palm Springs Clear all filters (4 of 4926 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Palm Springs, California: Online prices

2.5
Lowes review - Online prices
I looked for travertine tile before memorial day . I found a tile by Faber that was what I was looking for the price at the time was 84 cents a foot. I was unable to find a store local so I began to look closer to LA. I notice the cost listed was not the same. When I asked the corp office they told me it was normal for the prices to very. I do not understand how the same store can have so many prices for the same item. By the time I was able to order an item I was being charged $4.48 a tile 1.99 a sq foot The price would cost me over $2,000.00 extra for the same tile. It's now over six months later I am still trying to get my purchased fixed. I have been told this is how they do business. So many of the tiles are damaged they can not be used all in the same room due to the tiles colors not matching one another. There not even close to the same color I have since found out the tiles are not the same number. Lowes refuses to accommodate me. I don't know what to do next.

If you ordered Travertine there is no dye runs as they are natural products that have variation. Also they are a fragile material which is why there are so many with other issues.

Did you order all the tile at the same time? If you didn't you will have different lots and the colors may vary.

It's not uncommon for prices to vary in chain stores due to local competition. One store may be selling at a lower price due to the price at a close competitor.

View more comments (1)
Product
Tiles
Cons
  • Prices online
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes review in Palm Springs, California: Who chooses these repair companies!!?!!?

I have a four-year extended warranty on my w/d combo. Called for repairs to be done to non-functioning washer. Was told that the companies which provide service are all sixty miles or more away from where I live. There are two or three EXCELLENT repair companies I have used locally.....and who are recommended by contractors as well. Using someone that far away is inefficient and decidedly UNgreen. Travel time alone & gasoline will use up any "savings" which might have come from using the other guys. PLUS, I sit here unable to use the appliance, unable to do a laundry.....and I'm looking at a weekend with no one available. Ultimately, I decided to use the company of MY choice and HOPE that Lowe's will re-imburse me. This is NO way to run a business and another reason NOT to spend the extortionate amount of money that it costs to buy the extra warranty.

Using the repair company of my choosing, the parts were ordered, installed and everything done as promised.

The happy news is that Lowe's reimbursed me for the repairs....and SAID they would look into using a more local company for repairs.

We'll see.

Alan C

In year 1, the mfr is solely responsible. After that, you are at the mercy of the plan administrator.

They choose the repair companies not on efficiency but on who accepts their fee schedule. In the long run, you lose.

You're right, of course. Instead of asking the department head, I SHOULD have read the fine print. But Lowe's had used the company I chose before.

again, my original note was not just about me being ticked off with ME but the about the idiocy of not having a local service. As it turned out, Whirlpool KNEW about this particular problem and ALSO knew that the part they were sending might not be the ONLY part required. That would take a SECOND mailing and a THIRD visit from the out-of-town repairmen.

Whirlpool knew because, apparently, this problem has occured before. But that wasn't in the fine print anywhere.

Next time you buy an extend warranty take the time to read it before you buy it. If you want your local shop to fix it check with them and see what warranty companies they work for and buy from them. Lowes has no obligation to reimburse you for repairs made by other shops.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes review in Palm Springs, California: Sales Specialist did not complete order.

I requested that Lowes install a security/screen door from a Sales Specialist on June 6, 2011. An installer came out to measure the door two days later. When the sales specialist called with the measurements, I told her that he measured for the wrong kind of installation. She said that she would send someone else out to re-measure. As of today, August 16, 2011, no one has come out. I have spoken with her and a supervisor and no one has taken care of this problem. I am appalled by the lack of professionalism and unreliability of such a large company. I will take my business elsewhere.

thats probably because you are a ***

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Palm Springs, California: Stall on replacing a newly purchased range with scratches.

We purchased all new kitchen appliances at Lowe's in June 2010. The stove had scratches on the top panel. According to the installers, these scartches are caused by the packing materials shifting during transportation. I went back to Lowe's and asked the appliance sales person to replace the stove and he agreed to do so and supposedly placed the order. Several weeks went by and nothing happened. I went back to the store and spoke with another person. He placed another order. A couple of weeks later, nothing was ordered. The store manager this time agreed to order.

Contact Lowes Customer Service