State: California City: San Diego Clear all filters (8 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in San Diego, California - Will not accept returns with credit card purchase

1.5
All my returns have 'always" been with a credit card and no receipt. They recently changed their policy to receipts only. no WARNING!!!! They said I should have had a 'my Lowes ' account. WHAT...never heard of this. I'M PISSED!!!!!! I will have to take my $125.00 loss. I called Lowes Corporation about this. After 30 min. on the phone...they cannot find a record of my receipts since the company recently changed there policy. I have wasted 3.5 hrs today including some drive time and phone calls. I will never never ever enter a Lowes store again!!!..and glad to tell others about this failing store. Just look at their financials and massive layoffs. Home Depot is eating them alive.
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Full refund

Refrigerator Review

Purchased a $2400 refirgerator after 3 months it started making noises. After 5th service person to my hoyse my refrigerator is still broken. The worse customer service on the planet.
Bad quality

Lowes in San Diego, California - Stainless Steel water leak damage

We purchased a $3000 refrigerator with a valve leak wich caused a stain of in the door, we called for it to be repaired and it took a month to respond, we were told that they change the door but they came to only repair the valve now they stain on the door is cosmetic and they refuse to change the door. We were told we can not talk to the CEO because he does not take phone calls. Now we are stuck with a refrigerator that we just purchased a year ago with a warranty that is good for nothing. We will never buy from lowes again!

Can you please tell me what company is going to let you talk to the CEO?!? You must be a ***!

Also, Lowe's does not have their own repair service. So if you have a problem why don't you write a review on the contracted services' page, rather than Lowe's.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Gave us the run around
  • Unwilling to help
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
I want my door to be repaired or my money back!
Tags
  • Water Valve Stain

Lowes in San Diego, California - Extended warranty issues

I purchased a Whirlpool Washer with a Lowes Advantage 4 year warranty.After about 15 months I started to have problems with the washer. Over the next 3 months I had service appmts approx 6 times finally averdict that they could not figure out what was wrong and I had not reached the repair threshold so now the confusion starts that eventually led to a partial allowance after another 2 and a half months went buy. The problem in the end was the lack of responsiveness of Lowes Corporate and the stalling, I believe hoping I would give up. I would not buy from them again, the aggravation and lack of real conern was just min d boggling and I would buy from a different stor like Bestbuy and try their extended warranty. Lowes is just not worth the aggravation and I have never experienced poorer customer service in my life.

Same thing with my Lowe's Advantage extended warranty. Lowe's pockets the money and you are left on your own.

Lowe's does not care about its customers, they just want your money upfront.

It will hurt them in the long run though when people wise up and do not go back there to purchase appliances.

Learn from our mistakes.....do not buy an extended warranty on any appliance from Lowes ever.

twowilies

Did you ever read the conditions of coverage? The fact of the matter is that Lowe's has no obligation once the machine is in your home.

Our store (yes, I'm a part-time employee) will step in and help for a period for 4-6 weeks by replacing the units and dealing with the return ourselves. It is the manufacturer who holds the responsibility for repair (normally through and outside contractor) after the initial warranty period, the responsibility passes to the extended warranty company.

Calling and complaining to Lowe's will do no good, they are out of the loop, there is nothing at all that they can do.

@twowilies

Your wrong! Lowes sells the products and sells the warrantees!

They are 100% responsible for the problems to the products they sell! Because they do no stand behind the warrantees is what makes people mad and upset! That is not customer service!

When you are talking about washers and dryers you are talking about putting people in a huge inconvenience when they break down and they are not usable. You expect the company that sold you the product and the warranty to stand behind it, not go to a corner and hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@***ed Off

:eek Try this for a little better understanding of extended warranties. Lets say that you bought a car from Joe Blows auto, Joe does not repair vehicles but can supply you with a CONTRACT with an outside provider, AFTER THE Manufacturer's warranty runs out.

You have had the vehicle for 6 months and a problem arises, or 14 months to get it out of the manufacturer's warranty. You don't call Joe Blow and expect him to repair it. You call the people that you have a CONTRACT with. There is the source of your problem.

If you are dissatisfied with the contractors service or lack of service, the sue them in small claims court for every penny that you can think of. You don't complain about the guy that sold the dog that bit you, you go after the current owner for not taking care of their dog.

joshperl

I also bought a maytag washer from Lowe's that is now 18 months old, and also broken. I am under Lowe's Service Advantage extended warranty, so I was under the impression Lowe's would make it right.

I've since had 5 service calls, easily wasted over 10 hours handling appointments and calls, and still no satisfaction. Lowe's keeps sending out service companies that cannot fix it, keep billing them, and yet, I have no working washing machine.

I have asked them to just replace it already, but there seems to be a long process of difficult hoops to jump through to be able to do this. I am really disappointed in Lowe's too

Good luck, Best Buy isn't any better.

marc52055

I feel your pain. I am in the exact same situation now, although in Massachusetts. Good luck to you.

View more comments (6)
Loss

Lowes negligence broke my toe

after over a month waiting to be settle, proving and given all receipts, lowes offer is way lower than our demand letter which what there offering is practically losss wages and are not considering my husbands pain, almost 4 months out of work, and medical expenses.......We thought lowes would be more accountable and step up for there negligence but now we will refer it to an attorney, I guess than they will say should of considered our offer.....lowes have the worse claims examiners because they dont communicate nor answer calls, with this happening to us we will never shop nor recommend this store anymore.

:cry :cry :cry

I'm sure Lowe's is shaking because of your demand letter! Their attorneys have probably reviewed your case and decided you don't have one.

That's why you haven't heard any response. Go try to scam somebody else!!

lowes has more money than you. Get an attorney and get it done correctly.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in San Diego, California - Loew's customer service

I've had problems with my local Loews store in Eastlake Ca. I have attempted many time to talk to the store manager when i had issues but to no avail as he was never available. I've called the customer service number in the past. This is the only way to actually get a response from this store Manager. This time i wanted to speak to someone higher up then a store manager. I wanted to make sure that upper management was aware of issues concerning this store manager. After a week of dealing with the customer service people I've given up. For me to give up it takes a lot. Every Time I called customer service I requested to speak to someone above and over the store manager. Each time I was was informed that someone above the store manager would contact me. My first return call came from the store manager. He informed me when customer service say they will have someone from the senior management team call me they mean the store manager. I attempted this again and insisted someone outside the store call me. The next call that came was from the assistant store manager. I was eventually informed that the customer service reps are not allowed to have anyone else other then store management contact the customer. How can you bring store manager issues up to their superiors if it is company policy that customers are not allowed to talk to anyone above the store manager position. I did not give up easy but the last straw was when I did find out who was above the store managers. In this area it is the Marketing Manager Scott Kipp. I left several messages for him to call me. I even left a message with the Escondido store manager Fernando last week. He told me he would contact Scott himself and have him call me. Today I received a call from Fernando and he stated he was now acting Marketing Director and that I should tell him my problems. Can you believe the nerve of this company and Fernando, they are willing to say anything to prevent the customer from voicing his complaint with anyone above a store manager. So adios to Loew's their are two Home Depots right down the street.

LOWE'S you *** *** L_O_W_E_S!! Maybe if you could get the name right you might just get your complaint heard!!

Ghost rider,

My apologies for mispelling Loews name in my last response. But to your point yes I was in touch with the correct Loews.

maybe your calls weren't returned cause you called the wrong number. You need to call "LOWES" not "LOEWS"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your comment on my complaint.

Yes I get it that most problems can be handled by the store assistant manager. In this case the complaint partially was about the store management. Going to the assistant management was not the most correct course of action.

If you have a problem/complaint with/about the store management the one place that you do not want to go is to the people that you want to file a complaint about. The most appropriate place would be their superiors. I hope you would agree.

Hi Tim,

As far as your comment "if corporate won't talk to you.....it's because you are being unreasonable".

I would agree to your point if corporate considered my complaint then denied my request to talk to them, on the grounds that my complaint was without merit. Loews policy I came to discover is that corporate has a no direct contact with customers other then the store management team. It's not that corporate would not talk to me because I was being unreasonable it was because corporate set up their system to prevent any customers from being able to make direct contact with anyone in corporate management. Or that fact anywhere except the store and customer service. Customer service who's sole job is to place you back in the store.

#420305

If corporate wont talk to you.....its because YOU are being unreasonable

View more comments (4)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in San Diego, California - Lowe's Blows

enough said . . . *** customer service, customer service reps who talk like they know everything but obviously don't. I ordered a corian counter top & custom cabinets. The cabinets are beautiful but the sales rep neglected to tell me I need scribe & kick plates. OK, just another 2 weeks wait for that! The corian became a nightmare when 3 days before it was to be installed, a Lowe's rep called & said it was going to cost $360 more because they underestimated the square footage. (What a great way to make your customers happy, "it's only gonna cost you $360 more." I questioned that estimate, & while on the phone he came up with another estimated sq ft. Needless to say, since March 19th I've been dealing with a few *** at Lowe's Blows. Avoid that place & save yourself alot of headache!

Yeah the same thing happened to me, but I knew it could. I signed a paper stating that "this contract is just an estimate and final cost will be determined after the feild template is complete".

You signed that paper, correct? Its unfortunate that you are bashing Lowes for something you failed to read, there is no weight to your claims that you were dealing with *** I wouldnt make a practice of signing things without reading them.

Yeah, you sound like one of those "5 figure bonus" *** at Lowe's Blows! You are another good reason not to go there, upper management who can't spell probably doesn't much give a *** about anything except that big paycheck.

Give us a break, you can't possibly be in any sort of management position with that poor spelling! (Except at Lowe's Blow perhaps?)

Lowes is a very reputable company, if you are unhappy with your serice, contact an a memer of upper management and voice your converns. There is no need to badger a company over on un-knowing employee. Thank you for your business, and getting me my 5 figure bonus :)

View more comments (2)

Lowes extended warranty

Poor Service. I am now 2 months into getting my Washing Machine Fixed. I have the extended warranty and it has been an absolute waste of time. 1) Filled out Extended Warranty on line, no response. 2) Go into store, they put me in touch with person online (Good) set up a new time( 2 days to wait, Good), but I am not contacted by that said company until they are @ my door step, but I find out Lowes had my number wrong. 3) Seems I pissed that said company off for not having some one home. 4) Reschedule, give info on error message, brand of washing machine (Samsung) and serial number 5) Service guy comes to house and confesses that he knows nothing about Samsung, but will have to research machine after confirming error 6) unfortunately can get the machine to get error, yet I told him it needs to take a little while and will show it self. 7) Service guy leaves, machines get error and need to start again 8) Call Lowes get another service guy out, beg with Lowes to send a company on list that is has been certified by Samsung (Can be done on Samsung's site in 1 minute) 9) They send out a new company that has know idea how to service See note 6) This time error occurs, service guy unplugs machine, plugs machine back in and it goes away, says fixed, yet we plead with him we already did this to no avail. 10) Goes away, 5 minutes after we get error. 11) call back and he needs to order part 12 ) we are know waiting for part from Lowes to be delivered. .............. My opinion is that extended warranties are a rip off and only add to the pockets of those at the top. It would be better to hold that money in a trust until the product breaks. That way to can get a reputable company out to fix your product instead of the contract person that works out of their house.

just bought a lawnmower, and to make a long story short, lows took about 3 months to replace it. in the meantime, i had to pay to get my lawn cut.

@Robby

Retail contracts have NEVER included loss of service clauses. Plus, these contracts have NEVER had guarantees of service efficiency or time frames.

Just not worth the stress.

Especially if you knew of the actual reasons for the delay. Retail consumer contracts are NEVER consumer friendly.

Gary-- Paso Robles, Calif.

Bought a lawn mower-Troybuilt-$362 with Lowes protection Plan

on 5-7-13. On October 8, 2013 it quit running while cutting

the grass. Could not turn over engine. They now say warranty is

no good. I must pay $140.00 to fix it. My advise, never buy

anything from Lowes and expect to have it covered by the warranty.

Better yet don't buy anything from Lowes.

@Gary

Troybuilt comes with a 2-year warranty. You purchased an additional year or two only. ("3" or "4") year plan. Why? The plan does NOT take liability under mfr warranty. The terms and conditions tell it all, if not deceptively and in mouse print. IF any reason for failure in any year is deemed to be "user error," you're SOL. This includes anything related to gas, charging, oil, etc. Plan also excludes all other maintenance items such as belts, oil issues, blades, filter, etc. Buyer beware is the rule, and the law.

Plus, the mfrs "dealers" are usually not part the "extended" network.

BTW, Mowers motors last 10 years with proper maintenance.

All I need is an agitator, never heard of one breaking, but this one did..Two and a half weeks to get someone out to look at the problem and tell me what it is. Won't send me one, have to have a "specialist" tell me it's broke.What a joke..last extended warranty i'll ever buy. Guess now that i've made everyone mad, including the guy who couldn't speak english, i'll probably never get it fixed!

I too am a Lowes customer, who purchased a Samsung washer and dryer April 2010. Dryer went out a week ago.

Immediately contacted Lowes Extended Warranty Service, waited for a week for a service person to come out and do a diagnostic check of my dryer that was blowing cold air. I knew that the part needed would be a heating element, but he didn't have the part and said he would have to order it. Meanwhile, I still have clothes that I cannot wash - family of five with two young children. Contacted Warranty Customer Service again to file a complaint and also got someone who did'nt care whether my dryer was ever fixed or if I even had one.

Also lost a whole day due to this matter.

Don't think that I will ever purchase another extended warranty and maybe not even major appliances from Lowes. :(

Purchasing lowes extended warranty was a waste of money! I will never again purchase anything from these *** We purchased a fridge a few years back and got the extended warranty (HUGE mistake) about a year ago we started having problems with the freezer so we called lowes and they had a company (mr appliance) come to fix it....

They "fixed" it but nothing changed, our freezer still didn't work. We called lowes again and it took them forever to get the appliance company to come out again. Long story short, the appliance company came out several times for almost a year but never managed to resolve the issue. Well in the middle of lowes not doing anything about it my warranty expired and now they've left me hanging.

They had another company come out to look at it and when the company called them with an 800 estimate, lowes advised them to leave because my warranty was expired!!! No ***! They knew it was expired before they sent them out! That was the whole point of them hiring a different company...

Because mr appliance couldn't fix it. DONT SHOP AT LOWES

All I can say to this is every customer I haved sold appliances to have given me outstanding reports on the extended warrenties.

All I can say is I am on my 10th repair service for my washer and dryer with Lowe's. 3 times I have taken off work and they have no show no called.

Ordering the wrong part seems to be their specialty.

I will never again as much as buy a pack of gum for Lowe's. Unbelievable!!!!!!

We bought a whirpool dishwasher from you inn 4/2010. We purchased the extended warranty; it started rusting on the front in 12/2011.

I called and was scheduled with All Valley appliance, they called to confirm my appointment and had a different time that I was given by lowes, they were rude and could not give me a time that worked with me. I called lowes back and was given a time with Active appliance, they did the same thing. They were so rude. I googled both companies and they had some really bad reviews.

I called back and was given an appointment with General Appliance. They again called me and gave me a different time. I rearranged my schedule to fit the appointment, the night before they left a message at 5:30 changing my time, they didn’t ask if it was okay, just that they were coming in the afternoon instead of the morning. I tried calling back put was hung up on several times.

I left a message with the company and no one called me back in the morning, I called was told it was an emergency and so I again rearranged my schedule to accommodate them. The guy showed up took a quick look and took a picture; he was at my house a total of 2 minutes. I tried talking to him but I could hardly understand a word he was saying. He threw a paper at me with the company number and told me to call them.

I called and was told it had to be authorized. This was on 2/3, I called on 2/15 and was told it was not covered. I asked why didn’t call me and was told it was not there responsibly to call me. They were so rude!

I am so frustrated everyone I have talked to has been so rude and acted like they were doing me a huge favor by coming to my house.

I called Lowes and was told it was not covered. I have looked at all my paper work and it does not say that this is not cover. I was told when we bought it that it coved everything!

The tech never even opened the dishwasher to see why it’s rusting.

They are sending a second tech out to look at it. We are getting ready to replace out fridge and oven and we will not be buying whirpool and we will not be shopping at Lowes!

#392069

Our washer failed in mid November and the Lowes vendor, Universal TV Techs has not been able to fix it in two tries. We are now scheduled for a third attempt next week. The washer will have been broken for 6 weeks at that time.

Lowes extended service department doesn't care and their vendor is rude and has no concern.

I purchased a Sumsung front loading Dryer from Lowes 2 yrs ago. I have the 4 yr extended warranty. The dryer suddenly stopped heating.

Monday: I called the warranty number, they said no one is in our area to service the dryer, said they will call back next day.

Tuesday: They called me, said they can send someone next Monday! A whole week??? I told them that is unacceptable. So I called the Lowes store where I bought the dryer. They agree that I should have service in 2-3 days at most. They tell me there is another service center in my area. I call the warranty number again, tell the what my Lowes store said. They say they will investigate this other service and call me back next day.

Wednesday: Warranty calls me back, they can't use the service that Lowes suggested, I will have to wait til Monday.

I would NEVER buy another warranty from Lowes, Never!

I have had numerous problems with Lowes stores where I bought an item and each time I have had to go online and file complaints with the corporate office in order to get anything done. I highly recommend that if the store does not listen to you, go online and write your complaint at their corporate office,they will contact the store and get the problem resolved for you.

Honest4Sure

@Anonymous & @ D.C. - Extended warranty plan administrator makes agreements with repair services who accept their fees, not necessarily the best, the qualified or the fastest. You're better off saving the money and going through the mfr yourself if you ever have an issue.

What a terrible customer service problem! I have a Samsung refrigerator less than two years old.

It developed a sudden water leak from inside th cabinet, flooding the kitchen. I called the extended warranty number and was told that no service available for a week. I objected to the long time with a non-functioning refrigerator. Mwas told that they would look for another repair service and call back.

Called next day ad gave appointment for following day. I called service vendor and was told that no appointment existed and that soonest would be a week or more.

extended warranty company is terrible. Lowes customer care hasn't offered any other solutions.

Not ideal, but Lowes does recognize that when they sell products that fail the customer expects some recourse to be available to them from the store that sold them the product. The cost of an extended warranty doubles the warranty time and the product can be replace at the local store no questions asked.

Certainly better than Home Depot. Home Depot current store policy is any customer who has a problem and that product is covered by a warranty they are directed to that vendor. The local store will do nothing and cannot do nothing. This has resulted in a flood of HD customers complaints being posted on the web - what else can they do?

Recently HD response to the flood of bad publicity has resulted in a "SocialTeam". Customer Service surfs the web and posting the message "I would like to look into this for you as soon as possible. If you could email me @homedepot.com, with your contact and information, I can assist. Thank you in advance - Social Media Resolution Expediter, Home Depot ." When you do contact them them, they give you the email address of the vendor.

Which is exactly what the local store did. THAT IS ALL THEY DO. HD what is wrong with you?

I speak from costly hard learned experience at Home Depot. I recommend you just pay Lowe's extended warranty, it is better than what the other store is going to do for you.

Lowes is now selling their own extended warranties because of the bad customer service from their previous warranty company. The reason why the previous company is so bad is because a few years ago they stopping using good service centers and started using the cheapest technicians they could find.

I heard they use the same service center that is owned by Sears so I think it's funny the previous post says that Sears is good and this one is bad when they are the same company. At least Lowes cares enough about their customers to not renew their contract with the bad extended warranty.

Lowes repair service is not good, and not worth paying for. Home Depot is bad too.

In my experience, the only appliance warranty repair service that's any good is Sears - it's far from perfect, but they have a real service organization with trained techs and supplies of parts. If you can get the same deal at Sears, buy from them for the warranty service

Had a bad experience with the extended protection plan with them too. They had someone come out only to have them tell me while something is wrong with the machine they can't tell what - so they can't fix it.

Lowes response was they could send someone else out - but if the same thing happens again I have to pay for the service call.

#205377

We have been very pleased with the Lowe's service on their Extended Protection Plan. We have had two occassions to file claims.

Both were handled quickly, efficiently, and with no hassles. We will continue to buy the Plans when we purchase from Lowe's.

#201743

I am three months into an Electrolux dryer repair with the "so called Extended Warranty co" from Lowes. Spent a fortune on High End Washer and Dryer from them.

8 visits , more than that many parts ordered and installed and finally escalated to the store and the corp Execs. Asked to have the machine replaced and was denied. All of the people at the store are great but they are helpless when it comes to getting results from the Warranty co, its a different company. FYI...Lowes has fired this current Warranty co recently and plans to take it elsewhere,(but has not done so yet) so we are victems of this change over.

Im dumping my year old $1500 dryer back on the door step of the store and buying another one elsewhere.

The 8, four hour windows ive waited over the past three months and the dryer not working have cost me more than that already. Beware if you buy an extended warranty at Lowes.

View more comments (20)
Review
#203050 Review #203050 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Warranty

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111