State: California City: San Jose Clear all filters (13 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in San Jose, California - Bad delivery process and management system

2.2
We tried to schedule delivery for 3 days in the roll. my husband confirmed Sunday delivery between 12 -4. they called this morning to want to deliver between 10-2 but they came outside our house at 3 pm and knocked on the door without ringing door bell and they took a picture of our house and left. At 3:15 pm, the manager Jose or whosever could have told them to come back and at 3:40 pm. They said sorry they are done. I am surprised how communication was done. They could have called us at 3 pm. They could have rung the doorbell at 3:00 pm when outside. They only said. We knocked and no one answered. It was raining and we have been expecting someone to ring on doorbell since 12:00 pm. I am very disappointed with the Lowes customer system. I understand it is Sunday, but the whole communication was off. At the critical moment, they could have reached out but they did not even try to call because it is raining outside. We have our kitchen light on and we have been home all the time. I don't believe they said they waited 15 min outside while not ringing our door bell or they could have called us but they did not. Even when we asked them to return. They said they are done for the day???? They don't really act on customer-centric problem resolution process. I got so disappointed at your brand Lowes. I thought you guys are smarter than that. It took me 30 mins to finally reach the manager. By then, the shipment guy are gone. I will return this fridge and I also will make sure all the media heard about my experience.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Used to like their quality and brand
Cons
  • Bad communication and manager responses by jose
Loss
Full refund

Lowes in San Jose, California - Horrible Delivery 2x failed attempts

2.1
They take your money but fail to deliver. Literally. Two failed attempts. Lousy communication. No one can coordinate. You spend 3K you expect at least adequate service. Got a full refund and going to sears.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Store manager apology
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Disconnect from store to logistics and dc
  • Never delivered

Lowes in San Jose, California - Refrigerator

On July 2012 I bought a samsung refrigerator at the Hammer lane store in Stockton. Since then I have called the warranty department four times to fix it. First it wasn't cooling. Second the ice cubes were not coming out. Third the ice cubes were not coming out. Forth time the refrigerator is not making ice cubes. They have replaced the thermostat, the ice dispenser twice, and now they will replace the ice cubes maker. I don't know what will be next. This refrigerator is a lemon. Why don't you replace this lemon? I am very upset at this situation. The refrigerator is in an empty house, I don't even live in this house, so the refrigerator is not been abused. The appliance is on 612 Burnham Ct. Stockton, CA. I wonder what it would be like if the refrigerator was been used a lot. Please do something to fix this problem. Thank you for your help. Sincerely, Alberto Garcia phone 408 561-8685

Your complaint is with Samsung, not Lowes.

I'm assuming you have the extended warranty which is doing exactly what it's there for, fixing your fridge.

Ice makers are the #1 issue with fridges.

They will not replace your fridge due to ice maker issues. Period.

Don't necessarily blame Lowe's. They didn't make the fridge. Your initial mistake was in buying anything with the "Samsung" name on it.

View more comments (1)
Product
Samsung Electronics Refrigerator
Pros
  • Good response
Cons
  • Bad product
Reliable warranty

Lowes Staff Review from San Jose, California

1.8
What can one say about my local Lowes store. When it opened a few years back I was excited that I no longer have to shop at Home Depot. I now have a choice. The last three visit included employees ignoring customers, employees uninterested in their job, employees using inappropriate language amongst themselves when in ear shot of the public. Cashier lack of friendliness or enthusiasm in performing their duties. Also lack of response from store management. Kudos to management if their goal is to emulate Home Depot or Walmart (no service at the highest profit). If management is serious about customer feedback then look at Costco, OSH and yes Taco Bell. I have noticed Taco Bell employees to be friendly and knowledgeable. For pete sake they are a fast food joint. How very sad how lowe's has fallen short of just basic customer service. To employees- if you don't enjoy working their than quit. Stop abusing the customer with poor service. I've been an advocate of supporting my local business. But with these recent experience at this location I am now forced to take my business to Amazon.
#1119703

Lowe's isn't a "local" business. Try looking up what that means.

@Anonymous

They obviously meant local store as in the location nearest their house. Reading comprehension is important, so look it up.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lowe's GE Dishwasher - Received Damaged

I ordered a new GE Dishwasher and it was received damaged. I called Lowe's about it and they told me they would get a new replacement one out to me and pickup the damaged one the next day. Lowe's never showed the next day. I called and they didn't know what I was talking about because the pickup and replacement was never put into their system. Now I've got to wait another week minimum for the replacement, and another day for them to pick up the damaged unit. I also had to pay a second time for their lack of responsibility for their duty to get it to me right on the first time. It's not over yet. My suggestion is, Don't buy from Lowe's.
Lowes Replacement
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Damaged goods
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Ge Dishwasher

*** Avoid Sunnyvale Lowes ***

This Lowes location should be awarded best in class *** for worst attitude and highly Incompetent Manager Ordered a couple of internal doors 2 weeks back, paid in full. 2 weeks later receive a phone call saying, the order isn't placed, because of internal error. Please come over to store to re-order, our system should hopefully be working this time to take orders! The store manager "ALEX" has a really bad attitude towards me, for asking why the delivery has not done. And my money hasn't been refunded either so far... I am going to consumer court for justice... Personal Note: I felt this attitude towards me is be because of my skin color.
#920515

always have to throw the racism card in. pathetic!!!!!!

They found an error and contacted you. They could have said nothing and played dumb when you finally called and asked where your order is.

Errors happen and when they try to be up front and fix one you act like a ***. Don't expect the court to do anything for you. They tried to make things right and you are acting like an ***.

The court won't reward you for that. Your color had nothing to do with the store managers response, it's your acting like a donkey that didn't go over well.

#919787
@Anonymous

No white lies please, you fixed nothing... I have sufficient proof and knowhow to deal my situation with the justice dept - don't worry. You should focus more on your leftover customers than *** customers and monitoring pissed-consumer mailing lists :)

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Lack of response
  • Attitude or customer service
  • Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund

Lowes in San Jose, California - Employment issues and training

Was approached, after 6 months, that there was attendance problem. What was not taken into consideration was that someone had changed my schedule numerous times and had me coming in all hours that were contradictory to my actual schedule. I was never informed that I was to dispute these changes and the person who was changing my schedule was the very one who stated they were taking care of the changes. So now there is a write up regarding the attendance and somehow I have to try and document the changes in the schedule for 6 months. This is what I call overload and overboard. Lowes is a wonderful company with poor people who go against the grain of Lowes and make up their own policies and procedures. They feel they can do what they want and they themselves can make another person's life miserable and NEVER get caught. Unfortunately, alot of larger companies, who have hired the complicated people never do catch up with any of them until it is too late.
Review

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lack of professionalism and honor of warranties sold

1) Appliance Heros came on June 18! They were suppose to get the parts within 3 days. That means Friday or Monday June 20th or 22nd. They did not call me at all. I called them on Monday and they said it would come on Tuesday. No call from them. I called back again, they said on Tuesday it did not come in. Wednesday rolls around, no call from them. I call them and they tell me it finally came. Fine sure I'm being patient it happens. Because it's so late already they say they can come on Friday June 27. Finally they come on Friday. By now it's been 9 days. The technician can't fix it, he says it's the main board that's defective. He calls his supervisor and says the part is defective the family has been without a fridge for a week, can we expedite the order? The supervisor says yes ok I'll get it ordered and expedited. 2) I call on Monday June 30th to Appliance Repair Heroes. First they put me on hold and tell me the parts department is busy. Then after 1 hr I call back and say I'm still waiting. This woman named Lisa Desoux answers and tells me my part is due in on Wednesday. I get very upset as they promised expediting it on Monday. Now we're promised delivery by July 2nd (2 days before July 4th) I call Lowe's and am very upset. I told them I need it expedite it's going to be 4th of July and I need my fridge. I tell Lowe's that it is unacceptable I want my refrigerator fixed, it has been more than Lowe's tell me sorry Appliance Heroes are closed. I tell Lowes the story and they say they can't do anything until they contact Appliance Heroes. Still nothing from either businesses. Finally I get a call on Tuesday from Appliance Heroes saying that they cannot expedite it but want to schedule me in for Wednesday or Thursday. Appliance Repair Heroes tells me that they will try to get it to me and asks me for more flexibility. I tell them I can have someone home all day. Appliance Repair Heroes says great. On July 3rd, now it has been more than 15 days. I call them on July 3rd to ask what time they are coming, they said oh we're coming between 3-5 from what you told us originally. Ok what the heck?! I asked my family to stay home so you could have flexibility to come earlier! Ridiculous. Ok fine, I wait until 3-5, the technical comes over still can't fix the fridge, tells me that he will get his office to fax the paper in when he gets back. I call Lowe's and they tell me that they cannot accept my paper and need to contact Appliance Repair Heroes. Guess what?! As I said before I told Lowe's it's cutting too close to July 4th. 3) Now instead of accepting a copy of the paperwork from me so that you can replace my refrigerator, you want to call the Appliance Repair Heroes and get back to me in two business days. 4) Now I have been without a fridge for 19 days. By Tuesday July 8th it will have been 20 days! I am completely unsatisfied with your service.
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in San Jose, California - Pattern of horrible customer service..

We recently had a home fire and are in the process of rebuilding our home. We have tried to shop the Terre Haute Lowe's home improvement store, but every single time we go into the store, we have a horrible customer service experience. They have lost thousands in revenue just from me. They really need to get rid of almost every employee, and replace them with people who are actually helpful and want to work. Right now, all of their employees act like they are annoyed if you have a question, and they act like they are too busy to help. So far, my bad experiences have been in plumbing, kitchen and appliances, and flooring. I'm not giving them a chance for any other bad experiences. My name and email: Seth Stockrahm Sbstockr@yahoo.com

So you want them to feel sorry for you because your house burned down. Whatever happened to do it yourself?

Sounds like you have a bad attitude.

Lowe's sucks a big time

Could it be your attitude? It's odd to find that no one in the store meets your expectations.

Because you are working on a large project are you expecting everyone to ignore other customers they are already working with and be your personal shopper? (You'd be surprised at how often this happens.) As a salesperson, there isn't much more irritating that having someone interrupt a discussion of details of a customers project by someone thinking their project is more important and urgent.

Each project deserves the proper attention and time to assure the details are correct. Have patience if you want yours to go smoothly as well.

Ania216
@Anonymous

You must be working there. Anonymous, huh?

That is because they ony pay min.wage you will not get anyone knowledgeable for that little money

@me

The people who are acting like that may only make minimum wage. I'm paid $18 an hour and have never had a customer complain about my service.

I go extremely out of my way to make people happy when they walk in my door. Even when they are quite clearly in the wrong.

One, maybe two bad experiences.

To compound your problem you write to this useless site instead of to Lowe's.

I can see why your house burned down.

Ania216
@YouAreTheProblem

It's more than one or two bad experiences, I can assure you of that. However my house hasn't burned down.

What THAT has to do with anything, anyway?

Furthermore, this site isn't useless. I am emailing links to all of my friends, raising awareness.

Their houses btw will not be burned down, to your dismay.

Lowe's is unresponsive, write all you want. :grin

View more comments (8)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2445 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lowe's appliance install failure

Lowe's refuses to do simple water hose hook up for new refrigerator - basically does not complete refrigerator installation by leaving the waterline unattached, will not use the copper line currently available and do a simple shut off valve attachment - requires a plumber to complete the install. Wastes time of customer, does not complete the purchase installation, refuses to honor commitment of full installation. Not an example of customer service to emulate. Might want to consider not outsourcing the final contact with the customer to a third party - creates poor communication or no feedback, requires second, third calls to the customer service dept at Lowe's and then the call center then puts you on hold to direct you to the store.

The problem here is communication. Lowe's is supposed to install appliances but if something is not up to today's code, they won't do it.

This means that if you have an older home that had older appliances hooked up and working when you bought the home, Lowe's will not install the new appliances if the older ones were not hooked up to today's standards. When I bought an old home eight years ago, there was a lot better communication. I did what I needed to do to make everything fit in it's space and prepared the area for installation. This was done with the advice and guidance of the salesperson.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of communication by salespersons today. If you tell them that the appliances are going into an older home, they should be advising you on the various preparations necessary before you order appliances and have them installed. This would avoid all the frustration of appliances not fitting into the space because of unknown factors regarding the measurement of the appliances and the possibility that your appliance may not be able to be hooked up if the home does not have the specific requirements. Regarding the refrigerator hookup, simply letting you know what Lowe's will and will not do ahead of time would have avoided the frustration of believing they were going to connect it and then being told you need to get a plumber.

Your employees may be laughing but the customer is not. Train your salespeople in appliances to better communicate with the customer, and you will avoid having frustrated and angry customers calling you with complaints.

#741957

Lets Clarify, This was a "Free Delivery" not an "Installation" as you claim. These were not "Third Party Contractors" They were Lowes Employees.

It is not their responsibility to do plumbing work at your home. If they were to connect your water line and it leaked Lowes would be responsible for any damage that occurred. It is a simple liability issue.

So either pay to have someone do the simple task of hooking up your water line, or man up and do it yourself. If you go to Lowes and talk to the Plumbing Pro there, I'm sure he can set you up with the knowledge and materials needed to do this 5 min task.

If the DELIVERY DRIVERS connected your plumbing and screwed up, you would run to Lowes demand they pay for everything because they weren't LICENCED PLUMBERS.......that's why hook up is additional labor...would you expect a car mechanic to perform medical surgery...NO!!! Stop whining

Their install guys are not licensed plumbers... local plumbing codes help you by not allowing delivery guys to do your plumbing.

If they install a shut off valve and connect it and it leaks, do you think your homeowners will cover the damage??

The obvious answer is no. Get a licensed plumber to install the valve and I'm sure he will connect it at no charge.

Actually it waste the time of Lowes Delivery Team. Now, once you get your plumbing up to code like it's suppose to be before they deliver the refrigerator, they will have to make another trip to finish the installation.

It is not the job of the delivery team to put in shut off valves, update your old plumbing etc.

You are suppose to have the plumbing up to code so they can hook up the waterline to the proper fitting/shut off valve before they deliver the appliance. You should have to work in the appliance department for one hour and see just how ridiculous your complaints sound from the employee's side.

View more comments (4)