On 9/12, I ordered a $2300 Generac standby generator over the phone from Lowe's on-line with the caveat that it be delivered no later than 9/26. They promised curbside delivery to my home on or before 9/26.

I was told the generator direct shipped from the vendor in Wisconsin. On 9/26 morning I call Lowe's to get an eta. I am advised the tracking shows item has been delivered and signed for on 9/21. I call FedEx to track shipment myself.

FedEx delivered my generator to Lowe's on-line distribution warehouse in North Carolina on 9/21. I call Lowe's customer service back to let them know that Generac delivered the generator to THEM and ask for an update since it has not arrived. I am told someone will get back to me within 72 hours. So I demand some real-time information and am told that my "incident report" can be upgraded to priority if I wish and in that case, I will hear back from them within 24 hours.

Next day, I get a call informing me that it left NC on 9/22 and was on its way to me. I'm given a new FedEx Freight tracking number. I call FedEx to track the shipment and am told it will be arriving to Petaluma (2 hours from me) on 9/30. I ask FedEx if there is some way to expedite this shipment and I'm told if Lowe's had shipped this item with FedEx Freight Priority, it would've arrived in Petaluma on Wed., 9/28 and delivered to me on Thurs., 9/29.

But since Lowe's elected to trade time for savings and shipped it FedEx Freight ECONOMY, it was put on a train instead of a truck and will be getting to Petaluma sometime Fri., 9/30.

However, FedEx only delivers to my remote coastal location once a week, on Thursdays. Therefore, the generator will be delivered on Thurs., 10/6, making it ten days late.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Overall lack of organization.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 04, 2016.

Comments