Verified Reviewer

I have tried numerous times to contact Heaton through my local Lowes to let them know that they will need to convert a dryer to propane before they install it, but the Lowes people all say they don't have any way to contact them, and the messages I get from Heaton all say: "Your appointment is confirmed for 7-08-2021 between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm. If you have any questions please contact your personal coordinator at .

Have a great day!" So I don't have a personal coordinator or a phone number, and the people who were originally going to convert the dryer (they couldn't because the dryer itself, which had been delivered October 23, 2020, in its box, turned out to be badly dented when they opened the box), told me that it would take most of a day to do the conversion. So my guess is that Heaton doesn't know the dryer needs to be converted. The first people who came had to come back a second time because they hadn't been told that and they said it would take way longer than the time they had been given. For some reason those people are no longer the installers; instead it's this Heaton company.

Those people also didn't know how to convert a dryer, but they watched a lot of YouTube videos before they came back to do it, when they discovered the dented dryer. So I am feeling beyond frustrated with working with Lowes - I actually ordered this stackable washer-dryer back in early fall, did finally get the washer installed October 23.

Please help! I want some installers who are experienced with converting gas dryers to propane and have the time to do so.

User's recommendation: Order appliances from a truly local business where you are dealing with a single person or a few people that you know.

Preferred solution: Assurance that the installer knows what the job is and is trained to perform it..

Lowes Pros: Lots of products, Good prices.

Lowes Cons: Several delivery issue, Hard to contact by phone.

Location: 1801 Fordham Boulevard, Chapel Hill, NC 27514