5.0

I purchased carpet from Lowe's in early Dec.2016 for two bedrooms and four closets for a total of 528 square ft. at the Brownsville TX store #2468.

Their contract installer for my area, Laguna Vista TX, is Vintage Tile out of Mc Allen TX. The carpet arrived to be installed Dec.20th.I was going out of town Dec. 23ed for Christmas. I had moved all the furniture out of the bedrooms, except the beds and I moved the clothes out of the closets to keep damage to a minimum because I have had carpet installed in the past with some bad results when the installers moved my furniture.

In my opinion Vintage Tile now takes first place in terrible carpet installs! They didn't take the doors off any of the entrance ways to the bedrooms or closets. They didn't bring a carpet stretcher. They only knee bumped the carpet to the tack strips.

They gouged some of the baseboard in a bedroom. A handle in each of the bedrooms was pulled off the door because the carpet was higher then that they removed and drug on the new carpet when opening the doors. We wanted the carpet tucked in the entrance ways of the bedrooms so when they installed the strips to do this they cracked the tile in the hallway! In each of the entrance ways to the bedrooms they cut the carpet so there was a seam two feet inside the doorway.

There's more, but Christmas wasn't very Merry. When they finished they asked me to sign off on the job and I asked them to leave. I called Lowe's and spoke to Joy Escobedo, the installed sales coordinator and explained the problem. She and her associate Ryan came to my house, took pictures then called Vintage Tile.

Vintage sent another installer out to the house who took measurements and ordered all new carpet to reinstall. These guys did a good job. Asked Joy about some kind of compensation for this mess, so she and assistant store manager, Bobby Hopes, made me an offer to my satisfaction.

I read some of the other complaints posted, but in my case Lowe's store #2468 in Brownsville TX took care of my problem. It's my Lowe's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vintage Tile And Stone Carpet Installation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 19, 2017.

Comments