1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

So we purchase cheap Lowes carpet to install in my mother-in-law's finished basement. 600 square feet, easy job.

The installers show up and I'm there to supervise. I take a vacation day off from work. Two guys, two separate trucks. I see padding, but no carpet.

Hmm. So they rip out about 2/3rds of the old carpet and move furniture to the one remaining carpet side. They come upstairs and tell me they're going to pick up the carpet. Uhhhh ok...that's a half hour round trip wasted when you should have picked it up already, but whatever.

An hour goes by and they're not back...uh oh. Two hours go by and they show up. Guess what? 'Uhhhhh the store messed up and they don't have your carpet in stock.

They'll give you a call.' Ok genius....you had 3 materials to pick up and you only got two. Do you tear a roof off and then realize you don't have shingles? So after turning 9 shades of ticked off for an hour and a half, I spring into action. I go over to Modern Flooring America and make arrangements with them.

They show me the carpet is in stock...awesome. So I go back to Lowes and go back to the flooring area. "Welcome to Lowes can I help you'. 'Yeah you can, because I'm pissed off'.

I had their attention at that point. They try the pissed off customer BS of can we give you money back, blah blah blah. I told them, I want my money back in full...because if the job is this screwed up to begin with, I hate to see what the final install looks like. They give me a full refund in cash at the service counter.

Now let's review how epicly bad they skrewed up: 1. Didn't check the carpet inventory before starting the install. 2. Tore up the carpet without considering #1 above.

3. Didn't contact me to apologize. 4. Didn't contact me to make arrangements for another carpet that was in stock (while the installers were still there).

5. Absolutely no contact from the store until I walked in 4 hours later. The only saving grace is they left the pad in place. Not only did they do more damage than simply not doing nothing at all...they simply didn't care.

We had another bad carpet install from Home Depot last year so I wasn't going back to them. At least the Home Depot guy had enough brain cells to bring ALL the material when he came.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Flooring Installation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 06, 2017.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1299426

Time to find a good carpet place! We have bought from a local place that has been in business for decades and never had a problem with carpet, vinyl, etc. Of course, they only use professional installers, not the fly-by-night ones the big box stores use.