160 Forty Foot Rd, Hatfield, PA 19440

If you have lots of time and money to waste, in addition to not being bothered by the plethora of issues that will result from your install I encourage you to purchase from Lowe’s. I ordered beautiful carpet from Lowe’s and the fourth installation team from the horrific and second rate company Ultimate Home Services has just left my home.

I have stepped on nails, I have found broken nails in my carpet, corners are peeling up from the careless install. I was ensured I was getting a foreman brought out this time and it was the same guy from two visits ago who had no interest in looking at the issues I was having. He fixed one corner and left. This time I had to plead with the team to please not leave, if they could please double check the four rooms in which I have carpet.

I am so distraught and wish more than anything I had gone to Home Depot.

When I called Lowe’s customer help they were quick to tell me that I need to deal with the installer, Lowe’s is stepping out of the situation.

After calling two more times I finally reached an agent who was willing to help me and escalated my issue wIth the installer who wasn’t returning my calls or even answering their phones.

I just left another message and did not sign the work order as I am going to check the work myself.

Please heed my words and save yourself the trouble of an identical situation. I wish I had read reviews more closely.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Carpet Installation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Cons: Have never had worse, Low quality, Lack of professionalism, Anything about their customer service.

• The Work
  • Bad Customer Service And Delivery

Comments

For every person complaining about Lowes that is heading to Home Depot there is one complaining about Home Depot and heading to Lowes.

h.kitchener

You might not be satisfied with buying carpet and having it installed thru Home Depot any more than through Lowe's. These big box stores sell the carpet to you and then give the installation to some local contractor.

Therein lies the problem: many of them are not so competent, but will accept the low fee paid by Lowe's for the installation as they need to have jobs and make money. Over the years, I have found it is best to do your homework when buying carpet and other flooring by talking to friends, neighbors, etc. and then avoiding the big box stores altogether. Go to a smaller, privately-owned carpet/flooring place that has been in business for a number of years and who will more than likely have a few installers it uses all the time who are very good at what they do.

The small flooring store will take responsibility for the job, unlike a big box store.

I do hope you didn't pay Lowe's in full until the job was done and to your satisfaction. There is always small claims court if you did.