1407 Lakeshore Road, Gilford, NH 03249, USA
2.8
Layout of Store

We went to Lowe's to try to buy carpet.First of all, we had to go back three times, waiting 45 minutes each JUST TO GET SERVICE.

I should have stopped there. During one of those visits, we had customer service try to get us a sales person. Multiple people answered the phone as she kept trying the next person and all said they wouldn't go help. Note: the store had almost no cars in the parking lot, nor people shopping in the store as it was dinner time hours.

It's not like we were there at 9:30pm at night. Next they charged us $51 for the carpet measure. When we got the quote for the carpet they gave us $43 for the carpet measure in credit. The remainder was to test for lead paint (which, by the way, they did not give us results for) WHICH THEY DID NOT TELL US ABOUT.

When I complained, since the room was an addition with cedar planking and no paint until the 2000s - they said "you should have told us that" --- but no one ever talked to us about a lead paint test so why would I have told them that? They said it was $51 to measure and never said anything about lead paint testing. NEXT: when we got the quote, our $1.68 per square foot carpet was suddenly $1.78 per square foot. WHAT????

When I complained about the price change, the woman (Paula at Gilford Lowe's) stated that the prices had changed and they didn't know the prices until they quoted it, and the prices on the carpet was out of date and that wasn't their fault. I am so grateful I took photos of the carpet and price otherwise I think I wouldn't have noticed this change. NOTE: She eventually and I do mean EVENTUALLY offered to honor the stated price but not until I said I had a photograph of the price! They also wanted to charge us over $100 to move exercise equipment (a basket with stretch bands in it, and a ROLLAWAY treadmill) - ie.

over $100 for five minutes of work. During the measure they never talked to us about this, because OF COURSE we would have said thank you we'll do that part ourselves. They also charged us an adder for moving furniture when it said moving furniture was free. Note we have since gone to another place that states that they charge to move furniture and yet they charged us 0$ because we had so little furniture.

This furniture move part is in the noise, but the exercise move charge is ridiculous. So anyway - we didn't order and probably shouldn't have gone back after we couldn't get service the first time we went.

It's too bad because we really thought the carpet was great, with great colors for the price - but it wasn't the price.I don't Lowe's Flooring even 1 millimeter after this experience.

Review about: Lowes Carpet Installation Estimate.

Reason of review: False Advertising. Extremely poor customer service (first lack of, then poor/uninformed consumer/ then just plain rude.).

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

"This furniture move part is in the noise"

wish i knew what that meant

"adder"

Any of several groups of venomous snakes of the Viperidae family

not much to do with carpet