State: Colorado City: Denver Clear all filters (22 of 4916 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Louisville lowes refuses to honor the low price guarantee policy

On Sept. 30, 2016, i bought one bag CEMEX Cement Mix (item number 364001) from Lakewood Lowes (10555 West Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO) at $2.3/bag. Then i went to Louisville Lowes (1171 Dillon Rd, Louisville, CO) to buy the same product, they wanted to charge $9.5/bad, and refuse to honor the low price guarantee policy. Their excuse is that they bought that product at arougd $6/bag, so they can not sell that to me at $2.3/bag. However, I went to Westminster Lowes (5600 West 88th Ave, Westminster, CO), and they agreed to charge me $2.3/bag.

Why didn't you buy more at Lakewood? Was it their last bag and it was damaged so they gave you a big discount?

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
they need to say sorry for not following the low price policy they promised
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes Customer Care Review from Denver, Colorado

Went to lowes today aug 7 to exchange a grinder I bought may 22 I was told by the tool manger her name is debbie they had none in stock so I walked over to look at other ones that one was the only brand so I asked the manger debbie if she could sell me the display well when she walked over there was one on the shelf then we go back to do the exchange and some how juan david said it got bumped out so then he has an employee steve get on the computer he calls IT that takes another 25 mins finally he did the transaction as cash.I bought 2 other items I payed cash for the amount was 3.13 I handed him 20.00 and 13 cents he in return gives me fifteen dollars back so I told he owed me $2.00 more needless to say very unorganized and very unhappy customer.
Lowes Customer Care
Problems with payment

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Bad Whirl pool Washer and Dryer

I purchased the Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum from Lowes Just over a year ago. We had a house fire and lost our washer and dryer. We looked at a number of stores trying to find the best ones that we could. We went to Lowes and the sales lady I spoke with there talked me out of the front loaders that I wanted, she said this set of washer and dryers were much better then the ones we were looking at. She said that the washer was the best on the market and if she were to have kids still at home she would get this one because it has the biggest drum in a washer that you can buy. We were just moving in our new place so we hadn't used the washer very much. A few months after we got them I called in and had a service man come out. The washer was not cleaning our clothes and the dryer won't even take my own hair off the clothes. The service man said Lowes hooked up the hot and cold incorrectly and to try this that he was sure that it was the problem. He also told me in this large washer all I could wash at one time was 4 to 5 shirts or 3 or 4 pants and even though we have the big drum not enough water is put into the wash to clean the clothes. I put every wash on the heavy duty and extra rinse and still nothing comes clean. I use bleach on my whites and all of them are now cream nothing is white any more. I will also use oxy clean and that does not help either. I even took clothes over to our neighbors house, she has a front loader and asked her to wash the load and her washer cleaned our clothes. I called the same serviceman, he came back out and said nothing was wrong that Maytag top loaders do not clean clothes well and it is working the best it will. This is the worst set of washer and dryers I have ever used. They do not clean even the simplest marks and stains on clothes. All our clothes are ruined from these washer and dryers. I don't know who to talk to or where to go but I want a different washer and dryer that actually cleans our clothes.

My Maytag top loads work great.

Hey look at it this way! At least the salesperson at Lowe's got her bonus commission from Maytag!

That's why she way pushing that Washer dryer set! Kind of makes you yearn for the old days when local appliance retailers took some accountability for their actions.

To bad they've all gone out of business because of cheapskates like you!

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • False info from your sales pro
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Replacement with a different washer and dryer
  • defective products

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Purchase and Install

I attempted to purchase a garbage disposal and installation. Sign said to tell the cashier that I wanted install. Stood at the understaffed check out area for about 15 minutes to get to the register. Slow because nothing was marked (in lumber area) with a sticker so they had to keep going to check a price. Once finally there I was charged for the disposal and paid, but was then told I had to go to plumbing to order the install. After standing there for a bit the lady finally got to me, asked a bunch of questions, filled out some things on the screen and got up and walked away. After about 10 minutes someone asked if they could help. I told them the story and they went looking for the other lady. She was found up front at customer service waiting for me to magically show up. I trudged up there with dog and disposal in hand signed the paper work, and then walk back to the opposite corner of the store where I was parked and where I originally paid for the disposal. That afternoon the installers called and said they would call to set an appointment. They did call back 2 days later and set an appointment for 10 days out. They later called back (about 3 days) and changed the time. The appointed day came and they did now show at the appointed time, but rather claimed that WE had the time wrong. The time they wanted to come at a time when we had clearly told them we would not be here. They said they would have to reschedule for two weeks out. Finally a call to the store got them to agree to be here the next morning. The individual was very displeased that I bothered him and offered no apology. Aurora, CO.
Poor customer service

Lowes Countertop Install Review from Denver, Colorado

2.9
My husband and I remodeled our kitchen. We had Lowe's install our granite countertops and undermount sink. We were pleased with it at the time, but a year and a half later the sink fell down. They had only used epoxy to adhere it. I called Lowe's and they said it was out of warentee . They suggested I call a local company to fix it. When I called them the owner said he could just devote half of his business just to fixing Lowe's installs. He said the proper way to install an undermount sink is to brace it to the cabinets so it doesn't fall. Lowe's does not stand behind their installs. You are better off having a local company install so you have a better warrantie.
Warranty issue

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Delivery of Dishwasher

My wife and I bought a dishwasher online from Lowe's of Westminster, 5600 West 88th Ave., Westminster, CO. When I called to set up a delivery at 10:15, I asked for Wendy and was told she was on lunch break. I called back two more times over the next two hours and was again told she was at lunch. Finally, I was told she was on vacation. I was transferred to a gentleman to whom I complained about the Wendy confusion. He got mad at me, took my info, and said he'd call me back. Another gentleman called me back and set up a delivery time for the following Monday between 8 and 12:30. I called over the weekend to confirm delivery time and was told by a confused lady that whatever the scheduled time was that's when the dishwasher would be delivered. She didn't seem to have access to the delivery info. At 11:15 Monday morning I got a call from the delivery team saying they would deliver between 12 and 2. They apologized for the delivery time screw-up at the store but they would try to deliver by 12:30. They arrived at 12:30 but were unable to take away the old dishwasher because they couldn't touch it and they would return when we disinstalled the washer ourselves. No one during the entire purchasing and delivery time period mentioned that we would have to disinstall the washer ourselves and that the delivery team wouldn't do so. No we have to disinstall it ouselves and call back to schedule another pickup time. Is this any way to run a business?

I don't understand some people. Big Cry Babies.

A dishwasher is considered an installation, not a hookup. That's like expecting a delivery guy to hook up a gas dryer- not gonna happen.

If you call over the weekend, expect weekend service. Later today, why don't you try calling your bank about something important and see what happens- it's a Saturday after 5PM EST- they won't be there or the people who do the bulk of the work/know what's going on won't be there. Don't insist that businesses operate on your terms and then blame them. Do business at normal times and in normal ways and you'll find things go smoother.

They gave you a clear delivery time and you asked so many questions about it you screwed it up on your own by confusing everyone you could talk to about it.

Next time, instead of thinking this is 1950 and "wendy" is your buddy, tell the person who answers the phone that you need to set up a delivery. Problem solved.

THEY ARE DELIVERY DRIVERS, NOT INSTALLERS.

In your complaint you say you bought the dishwasher online. I don't see anything online that mentions installation and removal of the dishwasher.

It does offer free delivery. You may have shopped in the store and seen signs mentioning installation but they also show a price for this service.

Why would you assume they would send a plumber to disconnect your dishwasher when you didn't pay for it. Don't blame Lowes for your assuming they were going to do something that you didn't order.

View more comments (3)
  • dishwasher delivery

Lowes quietly cancelled garage door order

I placed an order online for two garage doors 6/22/13; the estimated delivery to the store was 7/12. Lowes sent me email confirmations and a survey request after this date, but never notified me that the doors were ready for pickup, so I called 8/11 to find out if they were ready. The customer service rep told me that his system showed that the order had been cancelled by someone at Lowes on 7/1, but there was no indication of who had cancelled it. Nobody ever notified me that the order was being cancelled. I have not checked yet to see if they charged my credit card.
Lowes Delivery Service
Loss

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Where is everyone/ANYONE!

In looking for assistance for our basement remodel---new washer/dryer, carpeting, paint, cabinets, there was NO ONE to even say hello. After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to.... Home Depot greeted us at the door, took us to their home improvement section, introduced us to a sales person and GOT OUR BUSINESS! If 'Never stop improving' is Lowe's motto, they would have to START ANY TYPE OF IMPROVEMENT prior to continuing to improve on it. Can't believe people shop there as we will never be back and I'm sure whoever 'they' are won't miss our business.
Judson

Anonymous wrote - "After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to...." It would be THE PEOPLE in red or blue vests you ***!!!

I so agree with the comment about being greeted. I feel you don't need to be greeted to do your shopping.

I work in retail and while I do it of course because "I have to" and it's apart my job. How is whether you are greeted or not going to affect your shopping for items you should already know what you're looking for? Some of you really have no understanding how retail works. We as an associate have no control over how much people get staffed for the day.

Sometimes there are even call outs and 50% of the time no one comes in to fill in for those call outs. So guess what that means? Less people with MORE stuff to get done. People kill me always having an attitude when they have to wait because an associate is helping another customer and are so impatient.

Then some even have the nerve to try to be rude in cut in front of others.

Go shopping when you're going to have patience. We're sorry you have to look for someone to help you but keep in mind associates have other tasks to do other than sitting there doing nothing waiting for a customer to stop by and ask for help.

When in Lowes, use the "call buttons". They are on a timer.

To most Lowes employees, they are the "button of death". Don't be afraid to use them.

There isn't any law that I am aware of that says stores have to have somebody at the door to greet customers. People that think they should be greeted at the door, should go and visit friends.

I'm sure the Lowe's employees wore something that identified them as store employees. As far as that goes unless you are blind you should have been able to find the items you were looking for, and when you got to those respective departments there more than likely would have been an employee or two in the department.

If you can't find different departments in a store, maybe you need a caregiver to help you shop. Grow up!!!!

@anonymous

First, I completely understand about the lack of employee's. As a prior employee, there were many times at closing when we were lucky to even have 10 people store wide.

However, with that said, employee's also have lunches. It is very common when we do not have the hours to be better staffed, that one employee is covering 4+ departments. Red vests are hourly staff, blue vest(s) are store/assistant managers.

I would suggest next time going to the Customer Service desk [where there is someone 100% of the time, mandatory, and often the only register open while handling phone calls and incoming orders placed on-line] or better yet to the person watching the exit [most likely the Head Cashier], and ask if there is an available manager to help because you could not find someone. And for the love of all that is holy, please do not be snarky or *** their heads off! They can not leave the front end to assist you, and it is [normally] easier to get an Assistant Manager than it is to have us try and call a billion people trying to find one to help you. Chances are if you did not see one walking from Appliances to the Front End, then they are either a] taking their mandatory and much deserved lunch or b] helping another customer.

P.S. I have been to Home Depot a few times, and while my last trip was actually pleasant with plenty of staff and helpful at that, my two or three times before there was also plenty of staff but no one said hello! If you do not bring it to someone's attention and chose to instead walk out and scorn them, then it can never get better!

they probably won't miss you, because someone just got pissed off and home depot and went to lowes

View more comments (5)

Lowes Hassle Free Online Shopping -- True Lie

I purchased two "allen + roth" lamps from Lowes. One was fine, but the 2nd one didn't contain all the parts. I called the 866 number on the installation guide. They never heard of the lamp (seriously, they didn't know about a lamp they were supposed to support). I called Lowes customer service. I got a lot of apologies, but the customer service person wanted to know what store I ordered it from. I didn't order it from a store--I ordered it online. Now I'm waiting for someone to call me from a store I never visited. And Lowes online ordering is supposed to be 'hassle free'. I'll never order anything from Lowes again!
Lowes Installation

2.1
Compare Lowes vs Home Depot

Latest Question

Lowes Questions

Lowes did not install a range correctly

Lowes "professionals" installed an electric range for us just over a year ago. It is in a house where the range is not used very often. Just after the warranty for the range expired, the breaker started tripping whenever the oven was turned on. We called Lowes who sent a repairman out to investigate the problem. The repairman said that the range was not correctly installed - they did not tighten the bolts for the electrical which was causing the problem. It fried the entire electric block - he said its lucky we did not have a fire. When we went back to Lowes to discuss the installation, they told us that is should have been an issue during the warranty period and they would not cover the cost. The manager, Joe, was not at all apologetic and said there was nothing he could do. Too bad we own several rental properites - this was the first and last time I ever purchase appliances from Lowes. I should have stayed with Sears where the service is great.