State: Colorado City: Denver Clear all filters (22 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise = no go

We purchased a dryer on Thursday afternoon. We scheduled delivery for Friday morning between 8 and noon. Guess what, they never showed. I called them back after the delivery window and made arrangements for delivery this morning. We setup a specific window, since we work nights. They still haven't made it to our place. I called, they are "on their way." We are "the next delivery" (once they leave the store). The store is only about 10 minutes away from hour house, and it has been well oevr an hour. Next time, I will bring my truck and take it home myself.

Then do it yourself and stop being a baby. MAYBE your NOT the most important customer in the world

Here is where it starts.. STORE MANAGER... he just kinda walks around and well... I'm not sure what he does..

If he listened to concerns, things would run better I guess... or maybe his managers would listen to their people.. assuming the STORE MANAGER sets the example of course... and if that works they would follow up on issues and fix them instead of thinking its not their problem and walk around like the store manager. Delivery can't do much if they have no support and they are not managed.

Or you could have a store manager who does try but his AREA HR likes to cover up everything because she doesn't want to look like she can't handle her job..

Keep on complaining... or just contact the Federal Trade Comm.... If you want change you have to take action!

regardng Lowes If you buy anything from Lowes check around for lower prices at Best buy,Sears and other stores( also internet prices) and Lowes will match their price plus give you 10% in addition off your bill. Also I have found if you have a problem with a Lowes store go to their internet website and file a complaint and It will be taken care of Guaranteed. hope this helps

"Guess what, they never showed. "

You don't sound very smart.

U need to keep in mind that there are other deliveries going on not just yours. There is a window for a reason.

You're right next time you get your truck and take it home yourself. Delivery is there for convience and if you are going to ***** about it don't use the service!

View more comments (4)
Review
Loss

Lowes - Installation Nightmare - Manager Incompetitance

OCT 2008: This past week, we bought two sets of mini-blinds at Lowes, Louisville, Colorado. There was a sign posted - $70 installation which we confirmed with the floor sales staff. The following day we called to set up the installation. After being transferred to the wrong person twice, we set up the initial appointment, where their sub-contractor comes to your home to measure your windows. The charge was $35 for the measuring, which could be "applied to the total contract cost." So far, so good. I then took the measurements and had the blinds trimmed (for free) at Lowe's. I then had the floor sales staff call the installers to let them know we were "good to go" and to put us on their list -which we understood could be about a week wait. Again, so far, so good. Then the trouble started. After I left the store, we received a call from the person at Lowe's who handles the installations that I needed to come back to the store "to sign an installation contract." I requested that it just be faxed. No can do, they said. I then asked to speak to the store manager... After a long wait, DAN answered. At best, he was perfunctory, but mostly unhelpful if not uncaring. He said not only could we not do a fax, but he started blaming the floor staff I spoke with at the time of sale for telling me I could handle this over the phone. He also blamed the installers who came to our home, saying they shouldn't have given us the measurements of our window wells before we signed a contract - (Say what? The measurements of our own window wells?). It gets worse. As directed, I had my fiance go to Lowes Louisville that same evening in order to "sign the contract." I expected this to be a five minute procedure. My fiance spent over an hour in frustration in the store. One other note: Because of the height of the blinds and the fact that the old blinds had to be removed, we had been told that there would be an additional $15 charge per window blind. Fine. That would mean, I figured about $70 more, when including the credit we had already paid - $35 - for the measuring. At first, the staff at Lowes hasn't any idea of what contract we need. After my fiance gets me on the phone to speak with the floor staff, they say "Oh, I think I know what you need." After a great deal of delay, I find myself on the phone once again with the store manager - DAN - who this time has had my fiance already sign a installation contract for well over $200! In addition, Dan is disputing that Lowe's even has a sign advertising a $70 installation offer, says he can't see it, and questions whether we even saw it. Again, he's blaming his floor staff. Again he's blaming his installers who came to our home for letting us photocopy their paperwork. If this wasn't unprofessional enough, he begins to argue with me about Home Depot, who is located about a half block away, who has a "whole house" 10 window treatment installation for an amazing $118. I'm trying to tell Dan, if he wants to keep our business, he might want to help us, not rudely defend himself and blame others. As it turns out, Lowe's won't allow my fiance to get back the paperwork (contract) she signed. After I get Lowe's staff back on the phone and demand it, they do allow her to cross off her signature. Furthermore, they keep the paperwork she brought to the store and even kept our receipts for the blinds. My fiance left, feeling completely disrespected. For the record, we have invested over $40,000 into two homes during the past four years, and have spent thousands at both Lowe's and Home Depot. From now on, it's Home Depot who gets our business. Buyer beware. Lowe's, in our experience is disorganized, lacks competence and shows little ability to work with frustrated customers, at least when this manager is involved. *****************************************

Going through the same thing now with Chattanooga TN store. Inept, incompetent, disorganized, and indifferent customer service!!! Never again.

lowes in louisville is just not a good store. we had the same kind of thing happen with windows.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but seriously, we do allow faxed, signed contracts in our store. We have done several, all with the approval of management.

And, not just with one department, but with all, be it appliances, flooring, cabinets, window/walls. Again, I have only worked in the one store, but our installed mgr/sales mgr have allowed this to be done on different occasions. Perhaps it is a state by state thing? Do not know.

And our district installed sales manager is in quite frequently and always goes over the contracts.

Again, when I have brought this up, I have been told by these people that faxing is OK. I too, feel that the customer should (needs) to be physically present.

Sorry retailer4life, you are wrong on one very important point. You may have faxed contracts before, but that doesn't make it right.

Email your AIM and they will confirm you can not fax a contract. Big no no.

I too am a Sales Specialist with Lowes, and YES he is right. (sorry)

The contract is a legal binding document and we can not have a photocopied signature when audits come thru or there is big trouble.

As for the fine print YES it is there, the sales staff should do a better job at explaining things like this. On behalf of the employees that provide quality service to their customers everyday at Lowes I apologise.

If you did not take this complaint to a corporate level, you should. You would be surprised to find out how much you can get accomplished.

PCLouisville, that Lowe's store manager is full of ******! I am a sales specialist with Lowes and know for a fact because I have done it, is fax a contract to a customer for an install, have them sign it, and then either bring it in or fax it back to us.

Our fax # is on ALL of our printers in the store. Now, on to the extra installation charges, Yes, there is a $70 blind installation posted in ALL of the Lowe's stores, perhaps this particular store manager should read his own advertisements?? But, and a big but here, as having worked in other retail establishments before Lowe's, ALL retailers could do a MUCH BETTER job with the fine print, be it Lowe's Sears, Home Depot, or all the others. The $118 HD offer is very similar to the Lowe's offer, "basic installation", which again, I wish all the stores would deliniate thouroughly for the customer to understand fully.

This simply means what it says....basic installation of regular size blinds, no unusual sizes, widths, heights, etc. I wish all the retailers would simply state "starting from $79..." And having a knowledgable sales specialist and management team there to help you, and listen to you, and be able to explain everything would help immensely as well.

Again, the way you were treated in this Lowe's was wrong, it's obvious to me as a Lowe's man that the specialist did a poor job of explaining the basic installation and the manager did an even worse job of rectifying the situation. Hopefully in a few months (or sooner), these individuals will be gone, and Lowe's can again earn your business.

View more comments (7)