1010 E Liberty St, York, SC 29745, USA
3.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Sep 07, 2017

there has been no answer to my complaint as of this day

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2017

I purchased a washer on Tuesday the 22rd and was to be delivered on Sat the 26th between 12 and 4PM. I stayed home all day waiting for this washer and called at 3:30 to find out where it was.

I waited online for 20 min. and was told delivery is still scheduled for me. Well at 8:00 Sat night it showed up. I had to take a day off work for this delivery and it didn't show until Sat evening.

This is a very poor way to treat your customers. I use my Lowes credit card and now I am very worried to use it again.

Is this normal and why did I have to call and not someone at Lowes telling me my delivery would be late? VERY VERY POOR customer service

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

I liked: That they are close.

I didn't like: Delivery service, Gave us the run around.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 01, 2017.

Comments

A promise is a promise. How lame to make excuses for poor service and outright lies.

We have had Lowes blow at least 5 delivery dates. They fail far more often than they follow through.

Never again.

What it is is reality in the world of deliveries. Do you think the drivers wanted to be delivering Saturday night?

Unfortunately deliveries don't always go as planned. Appliances are big item and even though people think they are going to fit through their doors they sometimes don't.

You may find the deliveries before your required the drivers to remove and replace doors on refrigerators that they hadn't planned on, they had to wait for people to clear out their old refrigerators, even though that should have been done already and on and on. Until we live in a perfect world, there will be things that put schedules behind.

to Anonymous #1379722

Yes, deliveries can be complicated, and delivering appliances seems like an often terrible and back-breaking job. I don't ever fault the drivers for something being late.

What I do fault is a company that doesn't notify customers if something will be very late or not be delivered at all (the latter was the case for us). It's just polite--a customer spends a vacation day or loses work hours to be at home, so at least make sure someone picks up the phone and talks to them.

It shows that the company cares or at least cares enough to pretend. Communication, that's all.