2.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 11, 2017

Lowes made me purchasemore material than they used and made me pay for large amounts of waste.

Original review posted by user Aug 07, 2017

Lowes built us a deck with poor quality lumber and a contractor that did shoddy work. We complained to Lowes and the contractor and they are not doing anything about it.

I complained to the store, the salesman, and also to corporate. Still no results. I will never again have anything done by Lowes and recommend that no one else should go to Lowes for any contracted work, and if you do, read the contract really close. You could get ripped off.

I went to Home Depot today and told them how Lowes treated me and showed them pictures of my deck that they really did not do properly, or safely. They were surprised.

They said they would do everything they could to have me for their customer from now on. They have really nice lumber there and they will be my place to go from now on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Deck Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 07, 2017.

Comments

I have been in contact with Lowe's and with Corporate and they have told us that they are going to resolve our problem with our deck. They are sending a different contractor out to redo all the things that weren't done correctly.

We are very satisfied with their decision to resolve our problems.

Will let you know when it's finished (after the winter weather) in the spring how satisfied we are then. Everything has been approved from Corporate to begin.

My experience as a contractor doing mainly finish work, is that Home Depot's lumber and wood is far superior to Lowes. Have worked in several different cities with both stores available and I have noted this to be a consistent trend.

to Fightcraft #1379806

AN Thank you for your reply to my review. I bought some lumber just recently from Home Depot and noticed the difference in the quality from both stores.

Also the price seemed to be better. Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.