John M Vcw

| map-marker Vermilion, Ohio

Cannot pay credit card with gift card!

I bought a lawnmower at Lowes. Manager encouraged me to open a credit card to save 20%.

I replied that I preferred to pay with gift cards. He said I could make the charge then pay it off at customer service. Turns out that a gift card cannot be used to pay a credit card! That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

I mean, a gift card is like cash!! So, I paid the bill with a check, then cancelled my credit card.

It sounds like no big deal to some folks, but I should not have been mislead.

User's recommendation: YOU CANNOT PAY YOUR CREDIT CARD WITH A GIFT CARD!!!!! WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!

map-marker Modesto, California

I purchased an $80 floor fan from Lowe’s.

Lowes - I purchased an $80 floor fan from Lowe’s.

The fan I purchased on March 16th. Quit working last night.

I contacted Lowes. The lady I spoke with couldnt find the receipt online. I miss placed mine.

Even though I purchased the fan on my Lowes credit card.

For that reason she said nothing she could do. We are just out of luck!

User's recommendation: Save receipts. Buy protection plans

Guest

In the future staple the receipt for a product to the instruction booklet and file it away. Keep it for at least as long as the warranty lasts. It isn't the responsibility of a store to keep track of your purchases.

roxana b Jmv

| map-marker Corpus Christi, Texas

Lowes has no customer service

I have been doing business with Lowes for 20 years, back when they were good. 4 months ago my 3 year old dryer went out.

I made an appointment with Assurant. There are only 2 providers for Corpus Christin, one in kingsville and one in San Antonio. The one in San Antonio only comes to corpus on wednesdays and only had an opening in 3 weeks. No communication with Assurant at all.

Then a part was ordered and then the part is no longer made.

Then it is. Finally I get it totalled and I order a new dryer. The day before the delivery date a month later I call and was told they never shipped it because they no longer make it. NO emails, no phone calls no nothing.

I took off work unpaid for this.

Now I am waiting for them to mail another gift card in 7 days so I can order another dyer.

The dryer that is discontinued is still on the website. I dont want anything more to do with Lowes but have to use the 1400.00 gift card only at lowes and only a gift card.

4 months without a dryer and they dont give a you know what.

User's recommendation: Do not ever buy from lowes. They dont care for you, just your money

Robert D Izd

| map-marker Madison, Mississippi

Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying.

Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying.
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than... - Image 2
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than... - Image 3
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than... - Image 4
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than... - Image 5

Early in August 2023 we purchased Samsung laundry appliances and a new Samsung Bespoke refrigerator along with extended warranty protection for all appliances purchased. Appliances were delivered as promised, however the delivery and setup crew were very rushed, so we signed off on the delivery before doing a thorough inspection.

As we began to set up our refrigerator, we found that packing materials were not all removed from the interior. It was noticed that the shelving would not properly align due to distortion of the inner shell of the refrigerator. Although not a condition we found acceptable, we relocated shelves and no longer have the right and left side aligned, so this distortion problem is not as evident. The clear plastic cover for the water filter was broken in such a way that it appeared to have a bite out of it.

Upon contacting Samsung on the day of delivery, we were told that this problem was not theirs and needed to be handled by the store we purchased from. Samsung will not get involved until 30 days after purchase. Several conversations with store personnel yielded the following: We can pick up your refrigerator, but will not refund your purchase price. You need to purchase a new refrigerator for future delivery, and we will determine if the first unit returned will result in a refund.

Sorry, but this was not acceptable, so we were back to waiting to contact Samsung once the 30 days since purchase had passed. In the meantime, we discovered that the pivoting door seal between the French doors of the refrigerator only closed 50% of the time, so we needed to be diligent in checking this each time we opened a refrigerator door. The 30 days wait to call Samsung included a video chat that allowed the service department to see the broken water filter cover as well as the activation mechanism for the door seal. Regarding the broken cover, it was stated that this is not a Samsung problem, so we should contact their parts department and purchase a replacement.

The door seal problem was identified as improper door alignment that should have been adjusted during installation.

The suggested solution was to hire the Samsung certified service and installation company in our locale and pay out of pocket for this substandard appliance quality. It was mentioned that Lowes is not a Samsung certified installation and setup provider.

This is an ongoing issue that will consume all of my free time as I continue to broadcast the saga of poor-quality products and service for both Lowes and Samsung appliances.

We also realized that spending hundreds of dollars on extended warranties will not provide resolution of problems until the manufacturer's warranty has ended.

This experience is one where finger pointing between manufacturer and delivering store insulates both parties from taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.

As a positive note, we have been very happy with the quality and operation of our Samsung laundry appliances.

Pros:
  • Convenient location
Cons:
  • No support for customers when purchase is not as expected

Preferred solution: Provide a replacement unit or have the current unit repaired

User's recommendation: Always do a thorough inspection of appliances when they are delivered and set up. Purchase your appliances from a reputable firm that employs their own service department. Always check reviews on appliances as well as providers.

Graig Ven

Incompetent systems, failures, workers

Ordered online, tried just 1 item only as they screwed up a multi-item order for pickup and charged CC ~$150 for <$45 order, and kept charging same items despite being PREPAID. Bank finally denied final re-charge (7 charges processed for 4 items!).

Charged card, was pending on bank site immed.

Today get "payment failed...you have 3 days..."... checked bank site, charge pending not there. Apparently they are not smart enough to wait to charge, when they have a ship-to-store delay... neither are they smart enough to notify us that the pending charge was not a completed transaction and would be recharged at their convenience on an ...

UNIDENTIFIED FUTURE DATE.

THEN THE SITE REFUSED TO ALLOW RE-CHARGE ON SAME CARD even though it is Lowe's failures that caused the issue not our card or funds availability.

Apparently now we need MULTIPLE CARDS to shop online... and 1 item per order, to protect ourselves and our funds.

Worse by the day... disgusted.

Waited 2 years to try online again, after the last fiasco. Plenty of other stores to give our support to, and no longer willing to play in their incompetence mazes.

Pros:
  • Proximity
Cons:
  • Everything else woke third world

User's recommendation: Avoid

Hays Dmo

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Have problem with buys mower,it was misrepresented,now they say i cant bring it back

They said they don't make this mower anymore & can't bring back,on paper they said it was last years model, but it is not its a 2022 model

User's recommendation: Don't purchase till you ask if you can bring it back if it don't work

Guest

Have you bothered looking at their return policy? It's pretty clear that a lawnmower can be returned within 30 days but it must be in its original unopened packaging.

Like most stores you will need to take it to a service center for repair if it isn't working. If there is an actual defect it will be repaired under warranty but you will be charged if the problem is a user error. Manufactures quit accepting returns as the majority of the problems with power equipment is due to the fact that people don't read the instructions. Using stale fuel or improperly mixing oil with the fuel if required or failing to add oil to the engines are the most common reasons a mower won't work.

What difference does it make if it was a 22 or 23 model? You obviously liked the way it looked and the features it had, if you didn't, you wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

map-marker Vincennes, Indiana

Excessive Late Fee Charge

Perfect example of corporate greed. Now I see how consumers get knocked down all of the time, this really opened my eyes.

A $41.00 late fee charge on a $170.00 balance.

Being a prior Lowes employee for 8 years, I'd be ashamed charging that excessive amount. Just cut the card up, Lowes, we are done doing any further business together.

User's recommendation: Do not open a charge card account. Paid 3 days late no grace period.

Glenn D Tks

Verified Reviewer

Help prevent others from going through what we went through. Hopefully sending a message to Lowes to reconsider their customer handling.

My wife and I recently had our flooring installed in our home by Lowes.

The install was done poorly / incorrectly and the installers didn't speak our language. We had to call Lowes installation while the installers were installing the flooring regarding the transition strips since we never received the transfer strips that we had paid for.

We eventually found out what had happened when we drove out to the local store after the installation to locate them.

Our salesman found them in the back room. Evidently, they neglected to deliver it to our home for the initial install date.

The installers installed the wood flooring and carpet without the strips. After the installers left that day we noticed the issues listed below.

We attempted several times to reach out to the installers and Lowes to try and resolve the issue. They never sent anyone out to survey the issue.

I offered / did send pictures to the Store and the installers.

Regardless the job is still incomplete, and we're now told that we need to move the furniture yet again even though this was all caused by Lowes. We refuse to do that! We demanded that Lowes resolve this issue and assume any costs that may be needed to resolve this issue... even if it requires Lowes to contract out someone else to move the furniture for the installers.

We also wanted Lowes to make ALL the necessary calls, surveys, scheduling, setup, etc. from this point on. Again, this was the fault of Lowes!

My wife and I are completely frustrated and worn out by all the phone calls, emails and visits to Lowes!

We are completely dissatisfied with the installation and customer service!!!

1) The Carpet seam is showing / has frays, and the carpet doesn't seem to be stretched out properly. (i.e.

it has loose buckling areas).

We don't believe they had the proper equipment to perform this particular installation.

2) The wood flooring has gaps, exaggerated jagged edges and the threshold part of the flooring pieces are not wide enough and will easily snap.

We supplied them with some of the pictures, some of the correspondence, and the names of some of the people that have been involved to help them resolve this issue and give them a small taste of what we were dealing with.

Nevertheless, they put us right back to the same people we were dealing with to continue this vicious cycle again... still unresolved!

Preferred solution: Partial refund or complete repair at their cost for all necessary work to be done to complete the job.

User's recommendation: Don't use Lowes for installation services

| map-marker Avon Lake, Ohio

Over charging

Lowes - Over charging

Still havent got my refund lowes charged me 2 x for same item I did cancel order I wont use online anymore for any orders

| map-marker Beaverton, Oregon

Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy

Lowes - Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy
Lowes - Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy - Image 2

Yes mines 2 problems Ive been redoing my home and have more than 10000 in reciepts from products Ive purchased at Lowes and every time we go in to get something its overly obvious the employees think were there to steal and I dont understand it Ive never stored a thing for any store that Lowes and I go through register and every single time spending more than $10,000 and its to the point where I dont wanna go back in there I hate going in there I feel like I am being targeted and discriminated against badly. Its very bad so then fast forward I had to bring back a $75 back to my had purchased because it didnt work and they were horrible to me about it and would not take it back because it was 31 days, I couldnt come in any sooner because I had been very sick but they refused to listen to me, and they refused to take this sweeper, and proceeded to tell me Im just out my money.

I dont know what to tell you after I spent all that money at your store after went through all that crap just to get the stuff from your stores and believe me, Ill drive to Columbus to go anywhere. Ill drive wherever I have to avoid your stores if I have to if something is not done about this and I have a lot more money to spend there. Employees need some real customer service training and I think after all the money I spent with you, you couldve made an exception for a day 30 day warranty on a vacuum is all youve given and then you wont give them money back.

If you somethings wrong with it I can understand bringing it back for I didnt want it or something but it was not working. The battery wouldnt stay charged.

User's recommendation: Just choose a different store. It’s too much crap to go through to go to Lowe’s anymore and they’re very judgmental. I’m just putting on that *** consumer about the low stuff yesterday. Where are you at? Where is that sweeper man Mr. Mr. man house to take a picture Jesus Christ.

Guest

The 30 days is not a warranty, it is the window that you can return things to the store. Pull out the paperwork for the vacuum along with your receipt and follow the instructions for getting warranty service on the vacuum provided by the manufacturer.

Guest

There should be a warranty on the sweeper. There should be a phone number to call on the paperwork that came with the sweeper.

View more comments (1)
Jeff C Jwk

Verified Reviewer

Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan

Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 2
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 3
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 4

I have a harbor breeze bathroom exhaust fan that the motor has gone bad on. Fan mod.

80200. No one from Lowes can identify this fan or the motor. I am willing to buy completely new fan if it will fit in ceiling hole that I currently have.

Can you help? The whole situation is starting to stink!

Preferred solution: Info on fan motor or replacement fan

map-marker Buffalo, New York

Unhappy with return policy

Tried to return a broken 15mm 16 sided 3/8 drive craftsman socket which Lowes carries line and took over lifetime warranty When I went to store showed broken socket was told to go get a replacement and bring it back to front desk Came back with identical socket showed clerk , looked at it for 3 minutes said nope numbers dont match , told her this is what you had it is identical to this broken socket , you took over the line and lifetime warranty , said sorry ! After spending thousands through the years at Lowes it is such a petty minute issue that should have been resolved right then and there .. I am retired 70 years old and am by no means destitute, very well financially secure , but while shopping there thought I would bring this item back which I have 3 of everything anyways the pettiness of it all has just frosted me to write !

User's recommendation: Don’t know what to say

Yuri Uyj

| map-marker Douglasville, Georgia

Extended warranty on clothes dryer

I purchased an extended warranty on my Maytag clothes dryer. I was told it would begin the first day after the store warranty ended but Lowes says it runs along with the store warranty!

That makes no sense, why would I spend $$ to buy a warranty that would run with the store warranty??!

I've spent most of the afternoon speaking to Customer service," that is no customer service, 4 rude and condescending people". I will no longer be a customer. I have it in writing on my paperwork the warranty begins on the next day after the store warranty ends but they will not honor it!

So, our 40 year loyalty to Lowes ends now!

I have all of my paperwork from the sale but I will NOT share it online. If anyone from Lowes cares enough to contact me I'll be more than happy to show it to them.

User's recommendation: Don't buy an extended service warranty from Lowes!

Guest

You could also share it with a small claims court as well.

Shawn C Bxa

Mower purchase gone to ***

Purchased a mower online and scheduled a delivery. Had to have someone sign for it as I was at work.

The mower has seat bolts missing and the factory documention is also missing. Called the store and am being told I have to rearrange my schedule so someone can come pick it up, take it back to the store and then I have to arrange my schedule again so a different one can be delivered.

What in the *** kind of garbage is this. I spend $4000.00 on a mower then I have to screw up my work schedule because no one inspected the mower before they delivered it?

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t use big box stores as I had the same issue at Home Depot

Lindsay C Kvd
map-marker Władysławowo, Pomerania

I hate customer service that uses Chat

I remember that when I signed up for a credit card, they offered me a free flower for Mother's Day. A week later, I couldn't remember the details, it wasn't on Lowe's app.

So I called Customer Service, got into chat, and he responded with one sentence every 10 minutes.

I gave up. He definitely needs to find a new job.

Pros:
  • Good locations
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: Apology