Verified Reviewer

Today we went to our local Lowes store to purchase a propane heater. We purchased item# 122001 on transaction #6257****.

It was a Mr. Buddy small propane heater. It does not come with the propane tank needed to operate and we attempted to purchase item # 245562 model# 332773 Bernzomatic propane tank in order to use the previously mentioned heater. We were informed that they did not have in stock by two separate associates.

They offered a 4 pack that was located with the heaters. I told them that I had checked online and they had the item we wanted to purchase was in stock and were dismissed immediately and told that the only option was to purchase the 4 pack that was on that display. We left Lowes and tried to find the tanks elsewhere. .After arriving home, I went online and found that the item we were attempting to purchase was in stock (qty 36).

I called the store to verify availability and spoke to the associate in charge of the department that the item in question would be located. He responded by telling me that according to their system that they had 36 in stock. I attempted to talk to him about how we had gone to the store, bought the heater and were in turn blown off when trying to purchase FROM LOWES, the item they had when w e were there and NO ONE was willing to assist us find, His response to me was "What do you want me to do? "This is NOT acceptable customer service.

I hung up on him, which I regret. I then attempted three different times to call into the store to speak to the manager. Each time, the phone rang for a long period of time before the call was called off and ended. I realize this is a busy time of the year and we are all very busy, BUT there is NO EXCUSE for this treatment of ANY customer.

I know that this is not the way Lowes wants to treat customers, but it IS the way we were treated. Simply try to contact ANYONE in regards to this matter has been frustrating, to say the least. Please forward this up the management chain.

Maybe someone their might still believe in customer service. Michael Lechler

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

Comments

#1966271

It's no wonder Amazon is so popular. I went to Lowes to pick up a tub drain that the showed 5 in stock on their web site.

The had none and the salesperson didn't care.

They could have at least changed the count so others don't come in for an item they don't have. Ordered one from Amazon when I got home, could have saved an hour and some gas if I had just ordered it from Amazon in the first place.

Lowes Reviews