I ordered 3 interior doors(489779611) on 10/29/16 at the Strongsville Ohio store. I was told the doors would be delivered on 10/17/16.

I set my contractor up to pick them up on the 17th. I spoke to a contact at the store late in the morning and was told that the delivery truck did not show up. I than spoke to the store manager and was that the doors would be in on Monday 10/21 for sure. I line up my contractor to pick up than.

On 10/21 around noon I called the store as was told that the truck was not in yet but would be there shortly.(contractor still waiting). I got a call in the the afternoon from a sale assoc, telling me the doors would not be in now until 10/28. Someone was lying to me! No excuse for this type of service.

I am being charged for the contractors time spent trying pick up doors plus the fact that I have my family here for Thanksgiving with small children and no doors for bath room,pantry and basement door which is a safety issue. I was told that the store would give me 15% off. Unacceptable for the aggravation and contractor cost I have faced . I have spent a lot of money at Lowe's over the years but no more!

I also have no confidence that the doors will be here on 10/28. I would hope someone will respond to my email John M Van Drew jmvandrew@att.net 412-996-6255

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being lied to.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 24, 2016.

Comments

Lowes doesn't manufacturer the doors and have no control over backorders or shipping delays. NEVER NEVER EVER schedule a contractor until you know the materials he needs are in fact available and ready for installation.

If you are going to wait till the last minute before having house guests to do a home improvement project make sure you use stock product rather than products you have to order. No matter what you do in life delays can happen and this includes home improvement stores.

I can't believe you are an adult and haven't had to wait in a doctors office because they are running late, gone to a restaurant and had a meal take longer than expected, has a UPS package come a day or 2 late. Thing happen and you only have yourself to blame for scheduling contractors to pick up materials before you were notified they were available.