1400 E Lincoln Hwy, Langhorne, PA 19047, USA
Ease of Use

I texted lowes coperate to see if locations would cut a key fob I purchased online through a vendor. After multiple bot responses thenext day I was told all locations could cut the key I purchased else where.

I go to my local store employee has no idea tries to get a manager on phone, then goes to physically find a manager. Who then says they can not do it. I tell and show them my correspondance with coperate. She calls someone then again says they wont do it.

I leave call complaint line 30 minutes mainly on hold to then get told someone has misinformation and the company will work on it. So hour spent one day and uncut keys still.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments

Why would any store cut a key they aren't selling? What if it gets cut wrong?

You will want them to replace a blank they didn't even sell you and make a profit from. Do the right thing and buy the key from someone who will cut it and guarantee the cut rather that buying a cheap knock off on the internet and expecting someone else to take responsibility for the cut.

#1452059

Probably a security key. They won’t touch any numbered key.

I had to replace a security key and tried HD and Lowe’s. They explained there is a liability involved that they don’t wish to be responsible for. So you wasted your time no reason to head to the web and complain. It’s called live and learn.

Not a ripoff. Not a scam. I’m 100% sure that you told corporate that you were trying to copy some form of special key right? That you sent detailed pictures?

No? Then if you didn’t then they are both right. Corporate was assuming you were talking about some kitchy key from Spencer’s. When you get to the store it’s a specialty key and they can’t do it.

You are trying to get around having to spend hundreds of dollars to get a copy of that special key. It didn’t work out the cheaper way that’s all.