Verified Reviewer

3.1

Original review updated by user Sep 14, 2021

On 7/18/21 my cousin and I walked into Lowes in Montgomeryville, Pa with the goal of renovating my kitchen and bathroom. I also have plans to replace my deck.

I could have gone to the Home Depot which is not far from Lowes. I wanted to give Lowes a chance simply because Ive never shopped there before.

We walked in and we were introduced to David in the Kitchen/Cabinet department. He was nice enough to fit us in that afternoon to discuss our cabinet selections. We felt bad because he missed his lunch.

He took a short break to eat crackers and drink a bottle of water. His computer was very slow and the process took about two hours. He explained that my cabinet delivery would take about four months. We were told to contact ReBath for the bathroom renovation.

When we were finished he directed us to the register and I was charged $49. I was sort of shocked since David didnt mention the fact that there was a fee just to talk to him. So, we proceeded to the kitchen flooring department and ordered the flooring. That took 15

minutes.

I made an appointment with ReBath.

That didnt work out at all. They wanted 47K to do two small bathrooms in my condo. We are considering hiring a contractor and buying Lowes products.

A few days later I called Lowes and to for the next step in the process. The salesman told me to come in and purchase my items because there sale going on.

I want in the next day purchased the flooring on my Lowes credit card. I proceeded to the appliance department and purchased my appliances. My next stop was the Kitchen/Cabinet department. David again had problems with his computer.

There was a problem with the in house measurements of my cabinets. So, I had to go home and wait for Jim from Ultimate Services to measure my cabinets a third time. David told me to stop by the next day.

I arrived the next day and David was again having computer problems. Three hours later, we were finally at the register.

David miscalculated the invoice which took more time. They had to do something to give me $310 back on my credit card. The cabinets ended up being $9,455.23.

When I went home my cousin and I realized we were off about two or three thousand dollars from Davids original quote made on 7/18/21. I figured out that David didnt mention the installation fee of about three thousand dollars.

I called him and mentioned it and he apologized. It appeared he was trying to bury it into the estimate. I told him he didnt have to do that. Is that unprofessional or what?

So, he promised to keep everything on hold until cabinets arrived.

A few weeks later I get a call from Ultimate Services telling me they are coming in to install the flooring. I explained they cant do that because the cabinets didnt arrive yet. Just last week someone called from Lowes telling me they were going to deliver my appliances in just two days. I was furious!

I tried to call Lowes Montgomeryville and got no one to answer. It got so bad that the customer service at Montgomeryville hung up on me when I called. So, I called the 800 number and waited about one hour on hold. I finally gave up and tried they Kitchen/Cabinet department at Montgomeryville.

I desperately said Kitchen/Cabinet to the computer to finally get someone because the customer service kept hanging up on me. I finally got Tim and he straightened everything out. I think the flooring supplies and the appliances are on hold until 10/31/21. I am surprised that the three departments dont communicate with each other.

I got the impression that David was taking care of the logistics.

I dont no whether David abandoned me yet. I didnt get a call back him. I still owe about two thousand for the countertops. David said hes going to call me when they go on sale.

I may have to follow up on that too.

Tomorrow Ill make my a payment of $13,394.12 on my Lowes credit card. This has been a total nightmare. I hope nothing else goes wrong. This is one of my worst customer experiences Ive ever had.

It was suggested that I put nothing less than a 10 on his survey. Im glad I didnt send one in.

Could you check and see if my $49 is refundable? About three years ago I was in Lowes Montgomeryville looking for a hot water heater.

I spent a $35 fee to have someone come out and look at my old one. The guy said my $35 fee was refundable if I purchased a hot water heater from Lowes.

Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania