Let me relate a recent experience with LOWES’ Home Improvement, from which others may learn. I have a small project I am trying to complete, and need to obtain some materials. I attempted comparison-shopping to source the needed materials. The Home Depot web portal was user unfriendly, so I opted for the user friendly LOWES' site, though was unable to find the quantities of the materials I needed at my local store (perhaps that should have been my first hint to abandon LOWES). I then called 1-800-445-6937 for help, and explained my situation, and the Customer Service Agent was kind enough to find the quantities in stock at another store, and create an order (324928727) for the materials. This all occurred on July 9, 2016. Unfortunately, the quantities in stock were in the LOWES' of Smithfield, and I requested home delivery (Lake Royale). The distance between the two exceeds the delivery area for home delivery.

Of course, Lake Royale is outside of Smithfield's delivery area, so I then received a call from a LOWES' of Smithfield cashier relaying a message from the delivery manager that the order was being canceled. I asked why the order could not be transferred to a local store (store-to-store transfer), and was informed that the cashier was just relaying a message. So, I could not argue the point and pursued by calling again to the 1-800-445-6937. After explaining the circumstances, I was assured the order was not cancelled, and that LOWES would facilitate having the order fulfilled by a local LOWES Home Improvement. I received a call (I have a VM from Terry @ LOWES Customer Care stating the order was transferred to the Wake Forrest location and Eddie would handle the process). This was the culmination of more than six phone calls just for one ‘simple’ order. To this day, that order can still be called up on the LOWES portal. But wait, there is more.

After diligently checking the status on line (IN PROCESS - View Delivery Details), I called the Wake Forest LOWES today (July 23) to obtain an update on the order. After receiving quizzical responses on the phone, I was told that Eddie was off today, but they would call him and obtain an update on the processing of the order. Two hours later, I received a call from Parka at the LOWES corporate office stating that the original order had been cancelled, funds credited back to my account, and the process needed to start over again, but it will now not be until another two weeks (August 9) that everything can be available for delivery.

So, I started out with an order on July 9 (324928727), I had to post-pone my small project until July 23 for materials, and now due to the failure of a supposedly reliable supplier, will have to source and continue delays on this simple project. Needless to say, I have no intention of ever stepping inside a LOWES' Home Improvement store again. Their incompetence and customer dis-Service knows no bounds. Managers who care little or nothing for making the process work are truly exemplified at LOWES.

Lesson learned:

1. Using a web portal is great, but sometimes nothing beats brick and mortar for that face-to-face experience.

2. Low prices may be part of their brand, but that should warn the consumer on the lack of Customer Care.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Lowes. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1060 and wants Lowes to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lowes and lowes customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Saratoga, California, United States #1188897

You big baby. Now that you will never step into a lowes again because they couldn't do what you wanted, where will you go? Your expectations know no bounds.