1.5

On 1/15 I have ordered a bath cabinet that was special order - 7 business days delivery. 2 days later received an e-mail that it will arrive 1/29.

Several days later I get another e-mail saying it is delayed and it will now ship on 1/29. Meanwhile on 1/29 order shows as delivered in Lowes website.

After a call to customer service, 20 min wait, useless rep I find out that the order will be shipped today and will take at least 7 business days to arrive. I could've bought in several places for the same price but I chose Lowes :-)

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

If it was the same cabinet being ordered from the same manufacturer you would have probably had delays as well. Stores sell products with an expected lead time supplied by their suppliers.

Once the supplier gets the order they either schedule it for shipping or if it is out of stock they will often let the store know there will be a delay. This is why you get notices that your product will be delayed.

I expect it showing being delivered on the 29th was an entry error in their system. If you need a product right away, shop for products that are in stock at the store, otherwise you need to realize the store can not guarantee when a supplier will deliver a product.

So what is the big hurry ?

How long have you had the old setup ?

Does a few more days one way or the other really affect your vast future ?

That said , I don't like Lowe's for my own reasons.