Lowes - Customer Service unresponsive / delivery charges outrageous
Lowe's Customer Service is horrible. I shopped online and put 3 items into my shopping cart, a total cost of $60-something. What happened next, the truck delivery charges are displayed at $10K, and sales tax as $800. I promptly emailed the CS, thought it might be a glitch... have never received a reply. However later on the truck delivery charges were modified, and it's now $59 for the $60 purchase. What do they do, load the truck with my 3 items, drive it a few miles & charge you the Charter Rates for THAT? Have they ever heard of UPS or USPS shipping? Lesson learned: will never shop at Lowe's again, either online or at a brick-and-mortar store. I have made screenshots of both charges.
(The reason I opted for a delivery is because I am new to the area, but have heard that the entrance to the Gurnee IL Lowe's is tricky and is not from the Grand Ave. although their address is listed as such. I expected maybe $10 or $20 delivery charges tops, but $60? Forget it.)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Charge
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Trying to resolve an issue with installation of storm door . Door installation was faulty resulting in damage to personal property / removal of my personal property by installer /..."
- "I purchased kitchen and dining room floor tile from Lowes and contracted with them for the installation.The tile was laid the wrong way and the tile was laid unevenly. ..."
- "Lowes sucks! I orderd and paid for two 55 packs of osb and two sliding doors online. I drove an hour to the nearest lowes and they wouldn't give me..."
- "I just received my package today. I was really excited about my new shoes until I opened the box. The box was well packed though. When I opened the box,..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "This review is about an experience I have had with my local Jewel Foods store, located at Grand and Hunt Club Rd. in Gurnee. A month ago, I asked that..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- "buena pagina para comprar articulos a buenos precios. tienen de todo un poco, desde articulos para decoracion de uñas a .40 centavos de dolar hasta celulares xiaomi recien lanzados al mercado! la..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."