Verified Reviewer

4.0

Original review updated by user Apr 20, 2021

I purchased a lawnmower on 04/14/2021 at the Midwest City Ok Store. The mower I wanted was not on display, I asked the associate if the Husqvarna Z254F was available, he told me they "were in the back".

I then searched for another associate to help me, that in itself was like searching for Bigfoot, finally I spoke to a guy that said I'd have to go to the back of the store and ask, so off I went, found the merchandise receiving area and was told, "for employees only", told them that was fine that I wanted to look at a mower, guy looked around like he was lost, then took off walking, so I followed. Found 3 mowers in crates, went to customer service to pay for the mower and did so. I was asked when I wanted the mower delivered, told them Monday the 19th was fine. On 04/17/2021, the wife received a message that the mower could not be delivered Monday, that it would be the 22nd because the folks that put them together were not there.

So I called Lowes and spoke to a guy that told me he'd make sure the mower was assembled today, the 19th he would call, and I could come get it. 3PM, no call, so I tried calling the store and this is where the real nightmare began. I began calling about 3:15 on the 19th to find out about the mower, went through the prompts and was cut off 10 times, so I tried just calling a customer service, what a waste of time....calls went unanswered 12 times. I finally spoke with a human that was transferring me to a manager, cut off 4 times.

Called back and was promptly cut off again. This went on for 2 hours, all I wanted to know was if the mower was ready for me to pick up. Finally, around 5pm, I talk to a curbside service guy, the only department that would answer the phone, terrible customer service! The guy had to physically walk back to the receiving Dept to see if the mower was ready, he then told it was.

I will pick it up the 20th since it's so late. I have never seen such poor customer service, I have been purchasing from Lowes for the past umpteen years without have to deal with customer service. But today I got the full Monty! I will seriously reconsider asking about an item that is not assembled, I sure as *** don't want to go through that again.

I paid $2700 for the mower after my military discount, I was seriously considering cancelling the purchase and get my money back, I was that pissed off.

I wonder what Lowes is willing to do to keep me as a reliable customer or if I should take my business elsewhere. I wound up going and getting the mower myself as Lowes was not able to come through until late in the week.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Normally the honesty & willingness to make things right.

Lowes Cons: Severe lack of communication between customer and lowes, Lack of calling us to confirm or change delivery, Store slow to respond.

Location: 7151 SE 29th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73110