1560 Boston Rd, Springfield, MA 01129, USA
2.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2018

Resolved: I received a call from Lowe’s customer service after posting my experience and was told someone from the store would be contacting me. The next day one of the managers whose name was Nick reached out to me and helped.

Once I told him my issue was how I had to inconvenience my brother by using his truck ( he’s a contractor and it is loaded with all his tools for work ) he confirmed that a set was in stock and had delivered to me on Sunday. Perfect. Nick was great, honest and professional.

My wife was thrilled that we didn’t have to go somewhere else and she got the patio set she wanted. Alls well that ends well, Thank you Nick.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

On Sunday my wife and I went to Lowe’s to look for a furniture set for the deck. We picked one out and payed for it then.

Told them we would come back and pick it up on Thursday as I needed to borrow a truck. When we arrived we were informed by a very frustrated clerk that the table was not in stock. She told me it would be at least a week before it came in. I got a refund.

I went home looked at the receipt and went online and checked the 2 other Lowe’s within 20 miles of me. They both have the table in stock. My question is why wouldn’t they at least call another store for me to inquire if there was one available. I’ve so had it with Lowes, anything more then light bulbs and I will be on my way to Ace.

Enough with this crap. Worst customer service ever!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments

How petty and demanding of you.

@Madge

Is it petty and demanding of me to pay 700.00 for a product and schedule a pick up 4 days later and expect the product to be in stock? Is it petty and demanding of me to maybe wonder why they didn’t offer to call a store near by to see if they had one.

I would have picked it up!’ I don’t ask for special treatment just good customer service. The service in these big stores is the way it is because people like Madge except it.....so sad.

@Doug

Did you ask them to call another store? There are a lot of people that wouldn't think of driving 20 miles to pick something up. Keep in mind you would have still had to get a refund and buy it again when you got to the other store.