91 views
Verified Reviewer

My husband and I purchased kitchen cabinets for a home in August. Last week they were delivered and one item is completely broken and the other item is completely wrong.

I have made numerous attempts to contact corporate in the local store and no one has been able to provide a resolution.

What Im being told is I will have to wait six more weeks for my cabinets. My kitchen cannot be installed without my cabinets being installed first.

I have had to cancel family gathering due to this inconvenience. Lowes is the worst they do not care about customers especially around the holidays in in the mist of a pandemic

User's recommendation: Do not buy from Lowes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Cabinet Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: 315 US Highway 206, Hillsborough, NJ 08844

Comments

#1978543

We had our new home kitchen design done by a paid professional and took it to Lowe's. We selected a cabinet line and were given a quote and told that was the sale price which seemed reasonable but no install price.

The install price was eventually given several days before the sale ended and it was "through the roof". The salesperson would not show us the install quote but said "the computer program" calculates all of that. She read off some of the items: removal & disposal of old cabinets (remember this is a new home that she was well aware of); Dumpster to haul away packaging & scrap (new construction, dumpster on site she never asked). They took hundreds off for those items.

Since scheduling was getting critical & the sale ended in a few days we purchased as we had no time to start over with another company. After the install was complete the installer said he would not put the pre-finished bead board on the hood although we were told that was part of the install. They said they would talk to the installer, then they would find another installer, then they would refund the labor and we would have to find someone. Really!!!

Then they said they didn't charge us. There was also a very significant amount of trim materials left at the end of the install. They said they would take it back and refund me but wait to see how much bead board I need for the hood. I was always very calm and reasonable with them but then she stopped talking with me so I went to the store manager who sent her assistant manager then I called corporate & round and round util someone said after a year we don't refund.

NOW GET THIS: CUSTOMERS USUALLY LOOK AT THE CABINET COUNT & PRICE. TRIM ESTIMATES ARE FOR THE PRO'S & GIVEN LESS ATTENTION. MY EXCESS TRIM SOME OVER DOUBLE WHAT WAS REQUIRED CAME TO $2,275.00 PER THEIR ITEMIZED QUOTE + INSTALL.

IMAGINE IF THEY DO THIS TO MOST CUSTOMERS AT EACH OF THEIR THOUSANDS OF STORES. BEWARE !

#1939280

I hat to tell you this but the cabinets are not sitting on a shelf in the. back of the store.

The reason it took so long to get the original order is that the cabinets have to be ordered from the manufacturer and are built to your order which takes time. The same thing has to be done to get the replacements.

They can't wave a magic wand and make them appear. This is a good reason to use a local cabinet shop where problems can be solved much more quickly.

Lowes Reviews