Lowes - Deceitful Pricing

22 of 2669 Lowes reviews

I just found Lowe's to be completely dishonest with their prices.Recently, I noticed online that my store had some tiles on sale from $9.91 to $2.48 until 2/28/2017 (it has an end date).

Needing to get more, I looked online to see what locations have them available. This floored me. The closest store...8.3 miles away regular price $9.91, 8. 7 miles-$4.96 (sale until 2/28/2017), 11.3 miles-$5.95, 11.9 miles-$2.48, 13.2 miles-$7.93, 12.1 miles-$7.93, 15.9 miles-$5.95.

All of the items on sale have an end date of 2/28/2017. Tried to get chat help. I originally asked where else can I find the tiles. I was told there was only one other store in my area that had them and they are $5.95.

He was sending me to a store to pay higher even when there are closer stores for less. When I asked about the price differences, he said they were clearance items (clearance items don't have a sale end date and none of them say clearance). Then he said I had to call Customer Care. **That's another problem.

Often, after spending considerable amount of time with chat help, I'm told to contact Customer Care because chat can't help. In addition, the reps helps several people at the same time, making me sit extended periods of time.** Just because of boredom, I looked and found several different items and departments with the same problem. Putting it into a different perspective, I see the item online at the store for $2.48, tell hubs to pick some up on the way home, he stops at different store and pays $9.91. That's close to bait and switch.

Similarly, I could have just purchased tiles for $9.91 because I like them, then find out less than 10 miles away they were $2.48. Now I'm learning when (and if) I shop Lowe's, I should spend time on the website to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. I was advised they have a price match policy with other retailers, but the store managers do not have to match other Lowe's prices.

My time, my money and my patience is more important than to be wasted on Lowe's.I should be able to depend on stores to be honest in advertising.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Layout of Store
Ease of Use

Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #997556

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
22 of 2669 Lowes reviews
BossBitch

Feb 15 #1288952 Elk Grove, California, United States

Having worked as a Customer Service MANAGER here... you are what we'd refer to as an uneducated, impatient, bitchy TW*T. Use your *** brain and just shop at the store that sells them the cheapest - and make sure you have your Lowes.com set to your zip code.

0 0 Reply

Feb 15 #1288570 Columbus, Georgia, United States

Same thing happened to me this week. When I went back to store to repurchase item they cancelled my order when they clearly had them in stock. Customer Service is run by teenage dropouts who continuously contradicted themselves. Home Depot is much better anyway.

0 1 Reply

Feb 02 #1280378

Overthink things much? Just go to the store that has them for $2.48 and be done with it. For the amount of time and effort you spent investigating this world crisis, you could have purchased and installed the tiles.

Jan 30 #1278839 Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Lowe's clearance prices typically do have end dates. Most likely the tile sells well at the stores still at full price and they will be keeping it in stock.

Jan 29 #1278141

Your gas prices are going to be wayyy different 11mi apart also....What exactly is your confusion? Were the prices online different from in store? Were the prices posted in store different than what they charged at the register? Now I'm confused on the definition of deciet.

Jan 28 #1277945 Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

What's deceitful? Each store posted the price you would pay in that store. You have a choice of going to the store that has it at the los]west price if you want.

2 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.