Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story.During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing.
Lowes promised a turnkey deck installation in February 2008. The installer finally arrived in July but need adult supervision. The Lowes contract says they provide project management but it was no where to be seen. The "installer" failed several inspections but said everything was taken care of at September completion.
In March 2009, come to find out the deck never passed final inspection. Guess what, Lowes sold the financing to GE Money and now does have responsibility to fix it. 2 years later, no resolution and I am out another $6k to fix the deck.
GE Money wants payoff and has sent to collections.Lowes will not respond to letters or calls...don't use Lowes as a contractor!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Exterior Solutions
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- "Below are pictures of plantation shutters that I ordered from Lowes in Knoxville Tn off of Chapman Highway( which they sub contracted blind ambitions) This is the 6th pair that..."
- "Ordered 4 solid core doors, oak veneered, Lowes ordered from wholesaler American building supply, inc. lowes #2274, customer PO# 418754856 doors delivered to Lowes store, Parker, Colorado, unwrapped,..."
- "I purchased a brand new radiator with a lifetime warranty from O'Reilly, had my mechanic (of 20+ years) properly install new radiator. Not even 2 weeks after the new radiator..."
- "Stayed at Calypso Cay...yes timeshare was a rip off but we were smart enough not to buy it...they kept changing the prices...too expensive...why would u pay thousands of dollars just..."
- "Scam artists. They write there own fake reviews. You will loose your *** with these *** artists. Then the little money you have left they will fine the *** out..."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."
- "I have no idea who is running this business now, but I bought a stainless steel and gold Rolex Submariner from Tom at Ideal Watches in February, 2001. The customer..."
- "We at watax.com occasionally get postings here (once every year and a half -- tops) from the rare client who chooses to vent here rather than the BBB.com. As you..."