1255 S Loop 288, Denton, TX 76205, USA
3.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A while back me and my wife purchased some moen Caldwell faucets from you'll because we were trying to remodel our master bathroom. But I was told I had prostate cancer an everything was put on hold so now that we are able to go forward with our project we fine out that the faucets were the wrong ones an all I wanted was to exchange them for the right ones or store credit because I was going to turn around an spend the money there anyway . But the gave me such a hard time saying they couldn't without a receipt which I no longer had it real gave me a sour feeling about shopping at Lowes anymore.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Products.

Lowes Cons: Return policy.

• Lowe s Corporate

Comments

Receipts are the key to a smooth return no matter where you shop. First of all they prove you purchased the product rather than stole it.

Next, they prove what you paid for the product. They also prove you purchased the product at their store rather than a competitor. It sounds like you have had the faucets sitting around for a while.

It is possible that the faucets are no longer a stock item as well. If in fact the faucets are worth $845 you would be hard pressed to find any store willing to take this amount of merchandise back without a receipt.

@Anonymous

I'm sorry but not everyone holds on to a small piece of paper called a receipt! It's not uncommon for someone to misplace a receipt either.

A huge store such as Lowes should have the option to "look up" by card- if paid by CC/debit.

To be denied a merchandise credit is overall just wrong! C'mon Lowes you can do better than that!

@Steph

They do have the option of using your card to find the item. However, this is only good for up to 2 years.

If they cannot find it through your card, there is nothing they can do.

Most moen faucets require a receipt because they are a high theft item. The register will quite literally deny the return without proper proof.