5K views

I purchased a new washer at the Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN Lowe's location on a Tuesday evening.First off, despite their advertised "Next Day Delivery" I was informed the next available delivery time was between 12 and 5 on Thursday.

I rearranged my whole (work) day in order to be there for the delivery. At 5:15 I had not seen nor heard from anyone so I called the store. No one would answer in the delivery department so a random girl that kept picking up the phone because no one in delivery was, took my information and said she would have a manager get back to me. At 6:20 I still had not heard from a manager, the delivery person, or received the delivery.

I called back and asked for a manager. He said the guy still had one more delivery to do and it must be mine. At 7:30 the delivery truck arrived. 2 1/2 hours AFTER the delivery window with no courtesy call even?!?!?!?!

No explanation.

No offer of any sort of compensation.Zip...

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Westville, Indiana, United States #1321299

NEVER AGAIN WILL WE EVER PURCHASE A LARGE APPLIANCE FROM LOWES IN MICHIGAN CITY INDIANA.....TO START WITH WE COULDN'T FIND ANYONE TO HELP AND THEN AFTER ALL THE HUBUB DELIVERY WAS A PAIN IN THE REAR..I ENDED UP CALLING CORPORATE...THIS STORE HAS WENT DOWNHILL OVER THE YEARS...I KNOW BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH. WHEN YOU DROP A LOT OF MONEY WITH A BUSINESS AND SERVICE GOES SOUTH TIME TO CUT TIES WITH THEM.

2 1/2 hours isn't that big of a deal.You never know what you will find once you show up to someone's home to deliver something.

You really think the delivery guys wanted to be out at 730pm still making deliveries? I promise you he did not. However, lowes delivery does suck. Our worst experience was when we ordered counter tops.

Once we received our cabinets they arranged for a man to come and measure for the counter tops. He came and measured and said once he turns in the measurements they will schedule the install date. We never heard back and after 2 weeks we called them. They then stated they couldn't even find the measurements, another two weeks went by before the finally found them and scheduled us.

In all we were without counter tops for about 6 weeks.

Two days ago we bought a new riding lawn mower. We scheduled delivery for the next day in the afternoon. They called me the next morning while I was at a doctors appt at 9am wanting to deliver it.

Then they rescheduled us for the next day without me knowing. When I got home I called and was told the delivery guys were probably already gone for the day, (it was Friday), but they would check and call me back in 10 minutes. An hour later I had to call them back to find out the guy I spoke to had gone to lunch. When I explained what happened and that I assumed the delivery guys were trying to make a 9am delivery for a scheduled afternoon delivery so that they could get off early on...

I don't really find your 2.5 hours late deal an issue considering my own experiences. Still waiting for my delivery now btw.

I was suppose to "first delivery of the morning".It's almost 11am.

I am in Columbus, Ohio and it is now 6:30pm and I am still waiting on a delivery that was scheduled for between 8 and 12 this morning!!

Columbus, Ohio, United States #741526

jUST SAYIN'.. a lil slack..? If a company offers me a back rub, free delivery, or 1 million dollars, and I fulfill my end of the "contract", then by damned, no "slack" is due...

Most people understand, things happen, murphy's law applies all so much more when it comes to timed procedures and transportation, however, making excuses as to why a customer has to "eat the collateral damage" of a company clearly over extending themselves is indicative of a whole mindset that suggests the behavior should be allowed...

No one suggests that a long days work is not demanding, or may even affect the outcome of the work being done ... but to defend a position, that you are forced to take, because "managers" etc, with the grounds that "a hard days work" is fair trade for not fulfilling said obligations of that days work.. well , let's just say I've worked on the coal fields of WV and that mentality would earn you "a new job" real quick..

#311911

The majority of the problem is that customers buy appliances and do not have their homes ready for them to be installed.I have helped endless customers that come into the store to buy something and have no clue what dimensions, connections, and features they need.

So when delivery shows up, they have to do way more disassembling and adapting things to get the job done...when this happens 3 or 4 times in a day, you can bet there will be delays on later deliveries.

to LowesInTheKnow #822399

what does that even have to do with the delivery driver being late???

well sometimes we do run into issues but it is only fair to contact customer of any issues..but on same note i blame mgrs..

we tell customers we cant do certain things then mgrs say do it.. its all sorts of set backs.. as far as lunchs..

check no on lunch sheets and its against law for them to take it out..but we do catch all the headache with no back up from mgrs what so ever

One of the main reasons deliveries are late is because the previous delivery customers ask for furniture/ appliances to be moved and expect the guys to hook up there stoves, refrigerators and washers. So be patient and don't always blame the good guys but the customers who are so darn demanding, and dont appretiate those who go out of there way

Its because WE DON'T CARE do you have any idea of how late we work that delivery driver that showed up at 7:30 pm more than likly started his day at 6:00 AM that guy will probably get off some time around 9:30 PM with no lunch but lowes corp will will take 30minutes off his pay anyway by the way if you didn't catch that time its 6:00 am till 9:30 pm that's 15 and a half hours so try cutting them a little slack

to lowes delivery employee #822401

Still a call to inform customer of impending lateness would be courteous.