I applied for a Lowes credit card. The brochure states that you will get a 5% discount.

It has exceptions, but those exceptions do not include special orders. I call it "bait and switch." I ordered a bath fixture and went to pay for it and did not get the 5% discount.

The store manager said that the 5% does not apply to special orders even though it is not stated at an exception in the advertisement for applying for the card.

My only option is to go to small claims court and get some kind of satisfaction with this complaint.

Review about: Lowes Advertisement.

Comments

Target Red Card is 5% immediate discount - on sale msde or not. When I use Visa MC AEX Discover Card etc.

I get my reward whether or not the item is on sale. But I guess since my large window order is 15% off this month it is really only 10% off.

So there is no incentive to use their card and I won't.

I find you amusing to say the least. Have you been through a small claims process with a large corporation?

Their attorneys would use your court documents as toilet paper.

You also would be wasting 4-5 hours of your life for absolutly nothing. Let it go flyboy go get a refund and go elsewhere.

Special orders are definitely included for the 5% off, except for Electrolux or Fisher Paykel appliances. As someone else stated, any discounted item won't qualify for 5% off.

And....you're seriously thinking of going to small claims for a 5% off discount? Wow. Get a life.

Flyboy

Yes, that is the company line, however, it is not what is advertised on the brochure offering the discount when one uses the Lowes credit card.

Flyboy,

Special orders are included unless the price was already discounted. For instance if the fixture was normally $300.00 and they are running a 10% off of that item then you would not get the 5% However if you bought the item at full price you indeed should get the 5% off.

Our systems are set up not to offer it though on a previous discounted item. Double dipping. Sorry for the problem.

Special order items are included though. That manager needs to read up on policy