5600 WA-303, Bremerton, WA 98311, USA
4.0

Lowe's has a new policy on their military discount. You must have a My Lowe's account in order to get the discount.

I'm not a fan of a company requiring me to have an account in order to get a discount that they offer to a particular group of people so they can send us targeted advertizing.

I have been a long time customer over Home Depot. They have lost me as a customer unless they change this policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Military Discount Deal.

Comments

TightDeer853

You know the rules shut it

Agreed. Lowes has lost me as a customer (retired military, spend over $10K a year at Lowes and Home Depot)Got the "My Lowes" card, then they want to "verify my military service" and make a copy of my ID and information at customer service before any discount can be granted.

WTH?Thanks but No Thanks Lowes! Identity theft, mediocre security on retail computer systems with customer information.THANK YOU HOME DEPOT for recognizing our service as combat veterans but not tracking us or making us targets in our own country.

to Combat Vet 21 years #1708461

I served and I want to thank you for serving and risking your life for our country and Freedom!!!!

You are not owed anything. You were paid for your service.

Additional benefits are a PRIVILEGE. Abide by the guidelines and stop whining.

to HASR #1708454

You are probably a 4f or a coward and didn't serve, you deserve what you did for your country can you put a price on risking your life! What did you do??? NOTHING!!!

to Anonymous #1709482

The fact is that there are a lot of deserving professions that aren't offered a discount at all. Veterans should appreciate the stores that offer a discount and accept their policies rather than complaining.

Stores are not required to give you a discount.

Thank them when they do but quit *** if you don't like their policies. Unfortunately they are there to prevent the scammers from abusing their generosity.

to HASR #1708458

Don't run down the military! You never served and risked your life for your WORTHLESS LIFE!!!!

to HASR #1710796

HASR, I know that YOU would never serve your country like these brave veterans have. You are much too cowardly to do anything like that.

Again, a veteran complaining about discounts. Be glad they even offer a veterans discount. There are a lot of other deserving people out there that don't get discounts and you don't see them complaining.

to Anonymous #1713710

I’m a 21 year veteran who is pissed at Lowe’s as well. Military Discount policy has been changed so as it is not available on any sale item, or to be combined with any Lowe’s card promotion so in other words, The military benefits offered by Lowe’s are disappearing.