1.9
Layout of Store

Recently purchased carpeting and floor tile for our newly-finished basement.Lowes installed the carpet.

What a mess! The installers put dirty handprints all over the walls and trashed the baseboards with scrapes, scuff marks, black marks, and nail pops due to the use of excessive force with carpet stretchers. I'll remind you at this point that the basement had just been finished, so the painted walls and woodwork were pristine before the carpet was laid. They also punched three holes in a 7' custom maple TV shelf by irresponsibly placing tools and other equipment on it.

Lowes reluctantly sent a representative to examine the damages. The gentleman from Lowes proceeded to walk down our newly-carpeted steps to the basement and then strolled all the way across our newly-carpeted rooms before we could stop him. He was wearing muddy boots! Suddenly, instead of helping us resolve the first issue, he had created a new one.

It took us a month to get Lowes to take partial responsibility by paying our painter to touch up our walls and woodwork. I cleaned the carpet. On to the ceramic tile: we tiled a 13' X 7' eating area. Lowes supplied the tile but did not install it.

After our person laid the tile, we cleaned it and found that it was defective, as it is covered with shiny spots due to manufacturing error, I am guessing.

Lowes response was that our installer should have noticed the defects and not laid it.I will never use Lowes for any kind of flooring project, again!

Review about: Lowes Carpet Installation.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1268698

I believe that Lowe's contracts out their installers instead of directly hiring installers.

So your complaint is with the company that Lowe's contracted out instead of them.