State: District Of Columbia Clear all filters (41 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Don't do it

Had a tile floor installed before Christmas by Lowe's. Long story short the tiler failed to install the transition from our kitchen to our family room so we had a big gap between the carpet and tile. He said the store didn't supply the transition piece so he couldn't install it. How do you not mention that you are missing supplies before you start a project??? How do you supposedly complete a project when it's actually not completed? Unfortunately you cannot install a transition piece after the fact when it involves tile because the transition piece must be installed before the tile is laid. So here it is weeks later and Lowe's has not come up with a solution nor has the contractor after several phone calls to both Lowes and the contractor.

The transition piece can be put in after the tile is put in. In fact, it is ALWAYS done last. You cant even grout the tile properly if transition piece is already in place.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's in DC stinks!

1.8
DC Lowe’s STINKS! Don’t shop at this store, they don’t have anything in stock, have no clue to what they are doing and won’t even bother to answer the phone. We purchased 3 Kohler toilets, 2 Kohler pedestal sinks and a 60” vanity. Our bill came to over $1700. The person helping us told us that we could save 5% if we used our Lowe’s card and that they would pay our Lowe’s card with our debit card and then put on the new charges on the paid Lowe’s card. Big mistake. We made a $1600 payment and then got declined. Oops, it takes several days for a payment to post. The manager got involved and agreed to order the vanity and said they would call Monday morning to redo the payment – the remaining items were to be picked up by our contractor Monday morning. You guessed right, no call Monday morning. I call and call and finally get ahold of customer service. The payment still has not posted. Tuesday morning we get a call telling us our delivery from Lowe’s is at our house. We are in an apartment while we are renovating and had to drive ½ hour to get to the house. Imagine our surprise when there was one toilet being delivered. Especially, when we did not ask for delivery, but were going to pick it up. I called and found out the other toilets are out of stock. These are the toilets we purchased. The pedestal sinks are still at the store – I guess they only deliver one toilet at a time. This time, I can’t get thru to customer service. I call 17 times in a row, it just rang and rang until the phone disconnected. Finally, I get a call back, but I am in a meeting and don’t answer. A long message is left with a phone number to call and an extension. Guess what – number was to customer service and they don’t answer the phones! Nor does their system give the option to enter an extension. I get another message on Wednesday evening – again, no answer at customer service. I call Thursday morning and after asking a variety of departments to transfer me to customer service, they answer the phone. I am told that they don’t have the toilets I bought, but they will substitute another toilet. They offer me an American Standard. When I explain how the toilet and pedestal sinks match I get silence and then well, we are offering you an American Standard. After I get mad, I am told that the toilets came in and they do have them. Joy. Now I have to wait until Friday morning for them to be delivered. Do I have faith that they will be delivered by 10:00 a.m. Friday morning as promised? NO. Did Lowe’s charge me a delivery fee when we requested to pick up the items? YES. Does Lowe’s care? NO. We are supposed to be moving into our house on Friday – movers are already scheduled. We have no sinks or toilets and now have to stop moving so we can install these items. I am furious with Lowe’s and will not shop there again. FYI – I bought a lot of items from Home Depot. No problems, our contractor picked them up and they were ready as promised. Guess where I’ll be shopping from now on.

I heard they are no longer sponsoring a 7 time cup champion. Mr.

Jimmy Johnson. What the Heel are they thinking. Bad move on their part. Just my opinion.

But do what you gotta do. and so shall I. See ya Lowe's.

Promote that guy. Stupid!

@david

Please make relevant comments only

@david

Nobody cares about that inbred hillybilly pastime. Lowe's sucks for reasons far more pertinent.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lost Time

Decknthings, llc subcontractors for lowes.

1.6
Lowes has the worst subcontractors for building decks/fences. This company shows up with one or two workers to completed full decks/fences. They are untimely, unprofessional and has no integrity for getting the job done. They return to the job site whenever they feel like it and continue to fabricate what was or needed to be done. If anyone go through Lowes, please be sure to ask what subcontractors are working the job and if you hear or see decknthings,llc. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN; however, I would recommend you go with a fully licensed company who will get the job done timely and works with a fully professional staff.
Lowes Deck Installation
Cons
  • Bait-and-switch tactics
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Decknthings
the Subcontractors DECKNTHINGS,LLC.
Tags
  • Lowes Installed Sales

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Hardwood flooring for 2000sq feet ok not just a small amount, spent about $5000 for this

Let me just start with this, i bought a home and prior to movieng in i decided to get some floors put in through out the house plus new doors new bathroom sinks and things like that i mean i end up spending about $10.000 thausend at lowes alone And here it goes they came to install a 2000sq feet of flooring, that i had isue's with couple of week later and i called them and they send back the installer and he fixed a lil spot wher tje flooring was bad Couple of weeks later through out the whoole house it started to do that same problem I called them again and again and again that finaly caled me back well one of the guys quit, then they said will call u back we r gona send the bad ones that they got from my house to the company and c why is this happening They didnt call me back for weeks, so i called i said what happen they said the other guy who was supose to sent the stuff to the company quit as well and they no longer have the flooring pices to sent back to the company. Well we are gonna send an independet person to come and look at the floor and c whay its happening, and we are talking about this for about 4-5 months ok They send the person and she comes in and the company (armstrong) calles me after couple of weeks and says sorry but its not are problem, u have to talk to a lowes store that u bought the floor from and on and on and on and the store still telling me that im working on it and its ben 7-8 months already and lowes or armstrong or no one is willing to do anything about this Go and figure. But my only choice is to het a lawyer and go after booth of them
RetailCop

Are you sure your time frame isn't skewed?? I know you want to go after booth of them, but I would wait and seeee what happens.

They booth have more money than you. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

#582040
@RetailCop

How muck is Lowes paying you to cover their massive screw ups? Some of what you say is silly.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Falsely accused of stealing from Lowe's Home Improvement

Lowe's Home Improvement, Monkey Junction,, Wilmington, NC. Don't go there. My husband and I bought sod from Lowes on Friday night. This was a weekend project at our beach cottage and we had been traveling for three hours with trailer in tow when we arrived at the store. Before we could load the sod, we had to take all of the stuff off the trailer. This included a wheelbarrow and large ladder. The employee who seemed to be in charge insisted that she could not sell a pallet of sod. Instead, she and another employee were trying to handle and count out each piece of sod. As you can imagine, it was a lengthy process. It was closing time when the transaction was completed and the employee was clearly agitated. She and a helper went back into the garden center (the doors were now locked) and we were left in partial darkness to put the ladder back on the trailer on top of the sod. My husband strapped down the ladder and we left. On Saturday night, we went back for more sod and a different employee waited on us. He immediately suggested that he could sell the entire pallet and guestimate the number of pieces of sod. We said that was fine. Then we noticed there was a delay in processing our request and another employee appeared. Without identifying himself, this other individual asked my husband and me for a receipt for the red mulch we took on the previous night. We were stunned, and he told us that two employees said that we had been seen stealing the mulch and that the store had it on tape. We asked to see the tape and to see the employees who had accused us. He said the employees weren't available and he hadn't actually seen the tape yet, but that the employee took down our license number and it matched. We explained our movements, i.e. putting the ladder on the trailer, and he eventually said that loss prevention would be looking at the tapes. I said I wanted to see them too and that I thought he should have looked at the tapes before accusing us. Lowes has always been a favorite of mine, but no longer. If they train their employees to detain people without properly investigating an accusation, they are no longer on my list of favorite places to shop. What a shame and a loss for both of us. We have spent thousands of dollars at Lowes over the years. Someone else will now get our business.

You went through this whole story about your terrible night at Lowes without mentioning red mulch, then all of a sudden you're accused of stealing red mulch? Where did the red mulch come from?

Did you buy red mulch? What does the sod have to do with it, if it's mulch you were accused of stealing?

Maybe you bought a ton of sod and also stole some mulch because the sod purchase annoyed you? That's what it sounds like.

Now you are falsely accusing Lowes of how they train their employees. It was an isolated incident and you just happened to have a *** of an employee at that time. I understand your frustration but you just made a false accusation yourself.

Lowes policy is to never ever have an employee falsely accuse anyone of anything ever. With that being said. I'm sure you have the receipts for the sod you bought the previous day somewhere. Plus I would have gotten the employees name and employee # or if he refused had him bring a member of management out to resolve this issue. It is a criminal nightmare as well as a civil case nightmare for anyone to wrongly accuse someone of shoplifting from their store. I know of cases where the subjects accused have received over $200,000,000 in compensation for their pain and suffering and have gotten paid, threats of litigation from corporations don't work especially once corp shareholders are advised of the companies actions. They actually pay attention to the details of their investments. I would also find out the stores loss prevention detectives name and never back down if you did nothing wrong. LP detectives are dirty, I've see them falsify records, tamper with records (changing document information after they were signed), criminally stock employees who are apt to blow the whistle on their criminal actions, make terroristic threats, criminally harass whistle blowers, and much more. "I'm not condoning shoplifting, it is wrong but at the same time", It not right for LP depts and big corporation who think they are untouchable to break the law either. Also there is this company called Hireright formerly USIS that tracks shoplifters and a lot of companies report their shoplifting paperwork to them. They may or may not have a file on you. I would start their because they are similar to a credit reporting agency and have to by law disclose any and all information they have on you. So essentially if you did nothing wrong you can build your case.

Big Box Bully's False Accusation Costs It $9 Million

Jury Awards Houston Woman $9 Million Against Wal-Mart in Dispute Over $200

Was anything ever done about it? Did the police show up?

Nobody would even know about it, if you hadn't posted it here. Grow up!

#519629

What you should have done in case you didn't have a receipt was go into customer service and asked them to print out another Receipt. It's very easy to do and it only takes all of three minutes. All that would be needed was a date and product number.

Falsely accused my ***. I saw the tape it was you.

1-800-445-6937 Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

(ET) and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (ET) and share your experience with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

Call corporate.

The number above is pulled from their website. You'll probably end up with enough money on a Lowe's gift card to build a house ;)

Go straight to corporate about this. If the people who said something to you guys weren't loss prevention, they could be fired for straight out accusing people.

View more comments (7)
Review
#332037 Review #332037 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's is dumb!

It was sometime last year in 2011 when my fiancee and I went to Lowe's in New Hudson MI for the first time since we'd moved to the area. We were looking to purchase a heating element for our hot water tank. We were in the plumbing dept. when we were approached by an employee. He came over with a greeting and was nice enough but when we asked if he could assist us in finding our part his reply was " Actually I don't know that much about water heaters and I don't think anybody else working tonight would know either."
big ben

That person probably knew a lot about his area of expertise. Not plumbing.

Atleast he tried. Quit whining. Go to Home Depot. Lowes doesnt staff enough people.

They will not listen or fix this problem so dont waste your breathe.

Just shop somewhere else. No one Cares!!!

IHateStupidCustomers

well at least they were honest with you instead of lying. oh and by the way, you and your fiance are dumb.

Sounds about right. It's a major chain retail store. They don't hire professionals in the trade BECAUSE THEY MAKE MORE MONEY ACTUALLY DOING IT.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's Carpet Installation: Bad Experience

We purchased new wall-to-wall carpeting at Lowe's Alexandria, VA, store. The installers were punctual and courteous June 8. But they ran out of carpeting and left the staircase – the main entry to our home – with wooden strips with rusty carpet nails sticking up. Both my wife and I have gotten stuck in the toes! We cannot use the main entrance, and have had to cancel social events and visits from our grandchildren. The store tells us the carpet vendor did not ship enough carpet and their carpeting person failed to check the shipment against the order. We purchased at Lowes precisely to avoid this kind of hassle, and made it clear from the onset that we wanted to job finished in one day with no glitches or nonsense. What a mess! And No response from a complaint to Customer Care at Lowe's HQ or the manager of the local store. Mike W. Falls Church, VA.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Transaction showed not complete at store, but pending on my card

I went to Lowes to pick up some flooring for a project to work on this weekend. I checked my bank account on my phone right before going through the checkouts, just to make sure I had enough. When I checked out, the cashier said my card wasn't being read. So, she swiped it through a few times. Then, on one of the swipes it showed 'denied'. So, I pulled up my account again on my phone and it showed that amount less in my account. So, she called the manager over. She was a little rude to me and told me it's showing the transaction did not go through. And I explained to her that the amount was indeed taken out of my account because now I have that much less showing as available. She then went to a register so she could pull up the last few transactions on the register I was at. It didn't show my transaction. Yet, my account showed the money as taken out. She was a little short with me and said she couldn't do anything. So, I ended up paying for it with a different debit card. That was 3 days ago and the hold is still 'pending' on the account I first tried to use. I'm so angry. I am not only out the money I spent to actually purchase the products, but I'm also 'temporarily' out that exact amount on my other account because it's still pending. I may just stay with Home Depot.
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's Bloomfield, MI

First of all I would just like to say WHATS WRONG WITH THIS STORE? My husband and i just had a garage fire this past February and needed to rebuild the old one. a friend of mine said Lowe's was a great place to get packages like that and that he would help me pick it out since i had no idea what i was doing. we order the package and the day that my husband paid for the package we made sure that we were using our mailing address our phone number and our names. They told us the earliest that they could deliver the whole package in two days but he wanted us to wait a week because they had a fun rasier with pontiac. said that's fine just make sure all is delivered at once. ROD (the man helping us) said ok. the delivery day: they call my friend that helped us put the package together and only dropped off 1/4 of supplies. two weeks later they deliver the tresses to a home in ponitac with the garage door to a different location. They also keep contacting the wrong person. Two weeks after that i had to call the store and ask them where my shingles and siding was at. the person that i spoke to told me that they are not ready. and when i finally received all of the supplies the wood was warped, the siding was FOUR different colors, they forgot items, they put items in the package that we told them we DIDNT want. I had to make four to five phones calls a week just to make sure i received the correct items to the correct place. the assistant manager was a *** (CHAD) and tole me everything was MY FAULT for having someone help me pick out the package. not only did i LOSE money building this garage because the team that i hired to build it i paid by the day and half the time Lowe's didnt show up with the supplies or just didnt bring the right stuff. I had to return more than $600 dollars of supplies that i told ROD that i DID NOT want and when i asked Chad for something for all of this hassle that ROD had put me through (order being totally wrong, delivering to wrong places, late deliveries, over charging) Chad told me that it was all my fault for having a friend pick out the package. Mind you that we gave Rod a blueprint with all the supplies that we wanted to order and the colors. We also showed Rod the color of the house and even brought in samples of the siding and shingles off of the house so he could get the correct colors. I will NEVER buy from lowe's again. they are rude and really dont know what they are doing there. I lost way too much money, time, and it took two months to build my 24x30 garage. please dont waste your time with this company,
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Home Depot
2447 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's Delivery - Stole New Ipad from Home!

Bought a new refrigerator from the Lowe's store in Bradenton, Florida on Saturday May 12th, 2012. The delivery personnel were in home yesterday and immediately upon their departure we noticed our new ipad was missing from living room table. Called store and police. Have spoken with the *** managers and they would not even question the delivery people! Just left the store and the manager was very rude and refused to do anything. They are acting like we are lying. Have receipt, this was purchased 3 weeks ago, I will not stop until this get resolved. Do not shop at Lowe's for anything ever!

I want to thank you all for your thoughtful and intelligent comments. As of today the Delivery driver was arrested for the theft.

It seems he had been reported before for stealing prescription medications from another client. He stole the ipad and sold it for drugs. They are my elderly parents and this guy was preying on them and others.

The point being that Lowe's should have done something about this person and not have continued sending him into unsuspecting customers homes. Sad that people here think this is some kind of joke

And they would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for those kids and that *** dog of yours... So what were you doing during the delivery?

Letting strangers run about your house? Outside smoking a butt and having a rum and coke? I say you track those drivers down and take action!

Steal their stuff! Break the windows out of their car!

Nice comment. I will explain it to you.

The Ipad has been registering through Apple registration across town, so we will not be finding it in our home any time soon.

The police have been to store and several residences regarding this. One of the delivery drivers in question, has been accused previously of stealing prescription medication from another customer's home.

Yet, Lowe's continues to employ this person and send him into unsuspecting customer's homes. They continue to respond they cannot do anything regarding this manner.

When you do find it in the house where you left it, I hope you call the store manager and apoligize for your stupidity.

View more comments (3)