221 views
Verified Reviewer

Lowe's is currently offered $.99 per square foot for installation for Pergo waterproof laminate flooring. (provided that you use the super expensive Pergo barrier, which is fine).

I showed them the floor I wanted and their person came to my home to measure. Having flooring installed previously, I knew the approximate square footage of the area I was looking to have the flooring installed. (about 260 square feet). After his measurements, he told me that I would need 350 square feet of flooring (322 is what he actually measured, but the extra was "in case").

I thanked him and he left. Two days later, I get the quote from the Lowe's store- materials were "$xx" which includes the lots of extra flooring, the barrier, sealant, etc), but the labor costs were $785!!! Even at his 322 square feet of measurement, $.99 per square foot is not $785!!

When I call to the store to get an explanation, I either can't get anyone to answer or the person that does answer "doesn't have enough experience to explain the quote to me" (his words. I am at a loss here.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Pros: That they are close.

Lowes Cons: Sales untruthful.

Comments

For the wet protect flooring there has to be a perimeter seal done around the perimeter of the rooms that involves extra materials and extra labor not included in that 99 cents per sqft. It is pergo that will not warranty the flooring if it isnt installed to those specs

@PissedConsumer1828959

Then they shouldn't be advertising 99 cents per sq foot.

Lowes Reviews