1.5

I bought a $400.00 lawn mower from lowes in Wichita falls tx. it is a troy-bilt model tb360, 45 days ago, this lawn mower has a 2 pull start guarantee.

it has never started with less than 10 pulls even the day I put it together. Every time I used it, it took more and more pulls to get it started. last week it started revving to a high level of rpms for the first 5 min. it was running and it was spewing blue smoke.

it finally reduced its rpms to a normal level and stopped smoking so I finished mowing. I tried to start it this morning pulled on the *** thing for half an hour no way will it start. I called the store where I bought it and explained to them what happened and was told that they can only replace bad products within a 30 day window. I used to spend between $5,000.00 and $10,000.00 a year in their store as I am a contractor.

from now on I will be going to home depot which is right across the street for all of my contracting and home improvement needs. they have a better selection of wood anyway and almost everything lows sells, home depot sells also.

for the things that I cannot get locally that I used to buy at lowes you get a better price and free shipping at amazon.com that is my rant thanks for reading it DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES!!! buy the way I talked to the home depot manager and he said that they have the same 30 day policy for products that use gas but he said that he always extends it to 90 days in cases like this.

Comments

Why do you expect Lowes to stand behind the mower. They didn't make it and it is not their warranty.

Lowes is kind enough to accept returns for the 1st 30 days.

After that you need to follow the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the mower and take it to an authorized repair shop and have it fixed. Grow up, act like an adult and take it in and get it fixed.